Where can I buy TS 16949 technical specs and manuals?

R

rajul

Where can I buy TS technical specs and manuals at a low price? My company is not a member of any automotive groups at the moment and a quick browse shows that they're quite expensive. Thanks!

Jim Wynne

Leader
Admin
Re: Where can I buy TS technical specs and manuals?

Where can I buy TS technical specs and manuals at a low price? My company is not a member of any automotive groups at the moment and a quick browse shows that they're quite expensive. Thanks!

There's no easily-accessible secondary market that I know of, so your choices are limited. You either have to pay the member price, become a member, or hope you can find someone who has copies they don't want.

R

rajul

How much does a typical membership cost, and do I have to pay any annual subscription? I wonder if there will be overall cost savings if I order as a member?

Jim Wynne

Leader
Admin

How much does a typical membership cost, and do I have to pay any annual subscription? I wonder if there will be overall cost savings if I order as a member?

See the attachment, which is an AIAG membership application. Dues are as little as $1000 US, depending on your company's revenues. Whether or not the membership is cost effective is something your company will have to decide.

Attachments

• AIAG membership_application.pdf
    127 KB · Views: 158
R

rajul

Thanks Jim, that's too expensive for now, considering that I only need the key TS publications.

D

David DeLong

I always buy them at AIAG and I am not a member. The price is a bit more but if you have to have it, you have to have it.

TS references other AIAG specs such as Process FMEA, SPC etc. so there may be a bit more to buy.

Google AIAG and then you can buy them online.

harry

Trusted Information Resource

Thanks Jim, that's too expensive for now, considering that I only need the key TS publications.

In another thread you mentioned that you are helping a TS certified company set up an operation in US - you can always loan a copy from them for reference purpose.

R

rajul

Hi Harry, thanks for your suggestion but all their documents are in German unfortunately

harry

Trusted Information Resource
The cheapest standard that one can purchase is from India. If you have friends there, they may be able to help you.

The best we can offer you at the Cove is an old clause based TS audit checklist. It is practically a rehash of the standard, clause by clause.

Top Bottom