Where can I find the latest update to Reach and ROHS?

Jan91168

Registered Visitor
Can anyone tell me or direct where I can find the latest update to Reach and Rohs?
Info passed Reach was updated to Annex XVII 7/16/19 however I found online a date of 8/16/19 and do not know if this date is the lastest.
Rohs was updated to Rohs 3 6/22/19?
Thank you for any help you can provide.

planB

Super Moderator
blackholequasar,

just a note: RoHS, as discussed in this thread, is a European Regulation: so no FDA Warning Letter for not complying to RoHS restrictions.

A source, which I found useful (I am not affiliated) to follow world-wide updates on chemicals regulations (including RoHS), is here:

Chemical Watch Home

HTH, Gerhard

Mark Meer

Trusted Information Resource
...I didn't realized that there had been an update...

Me neither!
This is incredibly frustrating, as the official European Commission website pages I frequent, RoHS Harmonised Standards and their RoHS Directive Page make no mention of RoHS 3.
I'm assuming this is (a) because this is just an amending directive; and (b) the Commission's website update move at glacial speed.

Still though, when you do a search for "RoHS" on the Commission's own website, you'd expect the latest regulations to be top of the search results! :confused:

Without subscribing to "data dump" newsletters that hit you with all things Commission-related, is there a way to keep notified of any activities regarding only the Directives applicable to you?

Last edited:

SpinDr99

Involved In Discussions
Hi All,

I'm working with a distributor of electronic components for the aerospace and military markets, and only 3 months into this area of Quality. Our operation is quite simple, buy/re-sell. Since we don't manufacture, but do export to the EU, how do I report on what other distributors (some of which are our suppliers) and manufacturers have in their products with respect to REACH reporting? Is there a standard format or spreadsheet like CMRT 6.01? It looks like this will be quite a challenge for me. Can anyone advise or direct me on how REACH reporting is done? To whom does the reporting go? The frequency of reporting?

Any assistance and guidance will be greatly appreciated!!

Top Bottom