Where can I purchase VDA 6.1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Joe Ptak

VDA 6.1

Apologies if there is another forum where this would be more relevant, but I could not find anything directly related to VDA. Does anyone know a site where you can download or purchase the VDA 6.1 manual? I checked out www.vda.de but could not find a link to an English-language site.

Thanks,
Joe.

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
G

Gordon

Joe,
I've been asking for the same thing. There is a site at http://www.vda-qmc.de that you can contact (I hope you can read German). To get a list of documents available, either select the "Kontact" button and they will give you a e-mail address or phone and fax numbers to contact.

By the way, I just got a fax of the list of documents yesterday, all the prices are in Deutch Mark or the Euro... anybody know how much is a Euro to the US Dollar?!!

Marc

Hunkered Down for the Duration
Staff member
Admin
I'm sorry I can't help more than I have. I have had maybe 20 requests for info on where to get VDA6.1 in English and have not been successful in getting a copy. I know Howard Atkins was/is looking as well. When I was involved with the VDA series of documents (there are about 10 all told) I got my copies from Mannesman Sachs - which is the company I was working with at the time. VDA 6 was a lot like ISO9004 as I remember.

If any of you do find a source for the document in English, I beg you to come back here and let us know where you found it.

Nope - no idea what the exchange rate for the dollar<-->euro is. Sorry.

R

Roger Eastin

I got my English copies through Stat-A-Matrix. You can call them at 1-800-472-6477. (The 4th edition just came out, by the way.) It costs about $100.00 a copy.

Howard Atkins

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Admin
1.00 USD = 0.926590 EUR Euro
I have been told by VW that I must have VDA 6.1 registration.
I have some of the books English. Try contacting "Druckerei Henrich GmbH"
FAX 001-49 69 96777-159

M

Mike525

I tracked my copy of VDA6.1 down several months ago starting with AIAG, and they pointed me in some direction that finally landed me a copy for about $99 plus S&H. Is there a difference between the 3rd Ed (the one I got) and the 4th Ed. just released?

And while I'm here, I may as well ask - do I need to control distribution of copies of my QS manuals in the plant? And if I do, is maintaining distribution control via a master list sufficient?

Marc

Hunkered Down for the Duration
Staff member
Admin
And while I'm here, I may as well ask - do I need to control distribution of copies of my QS manuals in the plant? And if I do, is maintaining distribution control via a master list sufficient?
I'd control 1 'master' copy and designate the rest as 'uncontrolled reference'.

Do you remember what company you bought your copy from?

barb butrym

Quite Involved in Discussions
once again, a day late and a dollar short (euro-dollar?)

The euro dollar has no value of its own..it is a standard you carry euro dollars..and spend them everywhere there, no need to change the money......what happens is the stuff you buy is priced in local currency and the euro dollar equivelant....the country/ merchant sets the rate. the exchange is what ever it already is from dollars to francs/pounds/etc. Unless of course the merchant marks up for the convienience....which he most probably will do.

D

Deb Weissler

Mike,

I was not aware that a 4th edition is out. We are required to be certified to VDA6.1 3rd edition and that's what we were audited to in November. We are still awaiting our certificate from our registrar but I believe the 3rd edition is still valid. I will call my registrar and inquire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A Where can I purchase VDA Standards (VDA 2, VDA 4902 Version 2&3, VDA 6) IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
J Where can I purchase VDA 6.1 VDA Standards - Germany's Automotive Standards 10
T Where to purchase ISO 9001:2008 and ISO 9000:2005? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
L Where to purchase ISO/IEC 27001:2013 IEC 27001 - Information Security Management Systems (ISMS) 3
Q Where to purchase the AQL Slide Ruler AQL - Acceptable Quality Level 2
A From where can I purchase OHSAS 18002:2008? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7
S Where and What Template to Purchase for implementing ISO 9001 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 14
J Where to Purchase an MS Word version of ISO 9001 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 28
L Where to purchase ISO/TS 16949 Training Handbook IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 6
Q AIAG Manuals - Where to purchase electronic copies of AIAG Manuals APQP and PPAP 3
O Where to purchase Go/NO GO Block gage needed to measure width General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 5
M Where can I buy (purchase) copies of the ISO/TS 16949:2002 Standard fast? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
A Is there a place where I can purchase ISO 9001:2000 posters? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7
M Data Measurement - Where can I purchase a data recording system? Records and Data - Quality, Legal and Other Evidence 2
M Where can I purchase OHSAS 18001? Occupational Health & Safety Management Standards 27
R ISO Publications - Where the best place to purchase ISO 9001 publications? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
B Where to acquire EN 868-5 required dye (Amaranth red)? Other Medical Device Related Standards 2
N Where to find Regulations for Reprocessing and Reuse of Single-Use Devices Other Medical Device Related Standards 2
H Where to get EK MED 1927/16 Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 3
D Where to find Guidance Class II Amendment Canada Medical Device Regulations 1
O EN 301 489-1 and EN 301 489-17 - Where do we get the information of the Published versions? CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 1
A AS9100 Training - Where do I start? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 11
qualprod Records where apply and stop recording everything? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
G Gage R&R - Where am I going wrong? Part of a FAIR submission (Aerospace) Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 2
R Where does IATF 16949 address Process mapping? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
C Where to place CE/label in Sterile IVD EU Medical Device Regulations 1
G New to ISO 9001 - Where to begin? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 17
BeaBea Interesting Discussion Where Does Marketing/ Advertisement of Products fit in to ISO 9001? Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 39
K No IFU, where the requirements would go? EU Medical Device Regulations 5
T Assessing Hazard-Related Use Scenarios where control measures exist through standards IEC 62366 - Medical Device Usability Engineering 32
J Where to Place Process Maps in our Documentation? Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 4
GreatNate Where to get a KPI dashboard for QMS processes Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 5
I Where can I beg, steal (just kidding of course) or borrow good training material on the ISO 9001:2015 standard? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
A Implementing ISO 20000-1 - Where to start Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 2
D Where does "as far as possible" stop? FMEA - EN 14971 ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 29
qualprod Statistics - Where to start in ISO 9001? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
H Calibration of InfraRan Vapor Analyzer - where to get calibration for SF6 General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 2
L Clause 0.4 of ISO 9001 and EHS - Where should I stop the inclusion of EHS in my QMS ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 8
M Where can I find examples of PPAP? APQP and PPAP 6
A What if Contract Manufacturers does not have an ISO 13485 certificate? Where will the NB audit take place, at legal mfg. site or contract mfg. site? Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 3
J Where can I find the latest update to Reach and ROHS? REACH and RoHS Conversations 7
D Where (in US) can I get the VDA Auditor Edition book? VDA Standards - Germany's Automotive Standards 3
S Where to get online AS standard audit certification classes? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 5
J Where I can get a copy of either the 3rd or 4th edition of UL544? Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 7
G Where to find Proficiency Test provider for photometrics (spectral %R, %T, photo density) General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 9
Marc Quiz - Where did the idea of an assembly line come from? Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 4
F Quality Objectives - Where in the QMS Quality Objectives should be located ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 8
M Where to obtain a calibrated DICOM image? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
R Where to get information - M6 per WA900 Manufacturing and Related Processes 1
S Where did FDA 510(K) form 3654 go? Other US Medical Device Regulations 1