Where can I purchase VDA 6.1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Joe Ptak

VDA 6.1

Apologies if there is another forum where this would be more relevant, but I could not find anything directly related to VDA. Does anyone know a site where you can download or purchase the VDA 6.1 manual? I checked out www.vda.de but could not find a link to an English-language site.

Thanks,
Joe.

G

Gordon

Joe,
I've been asking for the same thing. There is a site at http://www.vda-qmc.de that you can contact (I hope you can read German). To get a list of documents available, either select the "Kontact" button and they will give you a e-mail address or phone and fax numbers to contact.

By the way, I just got a fax of the list of documents yesterday, all the prices are in Deutch Mark or the Euro... anybody know how much is a Euro to the US Dollar?!!

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
I'm sorry I can't help more than I have. I have had maybe 20 requests for info on where to get VDA6.1 in English and have not been successful in getting a copy. I know Howard Atkins was/is looking as well. When I was involved with the VDA series of documents (there are about 10 all told) I got my copies from Mannesman Sachs - which is the company I was working with at the time. VDA 6 was a lot like ISO9004 as I remember.

If any of you do find a source for the document in English, I beg you to come back here and let us know where you found it.

Nope - no idea what the exchange rate for the dollar<-->euro is. Sorry.

R

Roger Eastin

I got my English copies through Stat-A-Matrix. You can call them at 1-800-472-6477. (The 4th edition just came out, by the way.) It costs about $100.00 a copy.

Howard Atkins

Forum Administrator
Leader
Admin
1.00 USD = 0.926590 EUR Euro
I have been told by VW that I must have VDA 6.1 registration.
I have some of the books English. Try contacting "Druckerei Henrich GmbH"
FAX 001-49 69 96777-159

M

Mike525

I tracked my copy of VDA6.1 down several months ago starting with AIAG, and they pointed me in some direction that finally landed me a copy for about $99 plus S&H. Is there a difference between the 3rd Ed (the one I got) and the 4th Ed. just released?

And while I'm here, I may as well ask - do I need to control distribution of copies of my QS manuals in the plant? And if I do, is maintaining distribution control via a master list sufficient?

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
And while I'm here, I may as well ask - do I need to control distribution of copies of my QS manuals in the plant? And if I do, is maintaining distribution control via a master list sufficient?
I'd control 1 'master' copy and designate the rest as 'uncontrolled reference'.

Do you remember what company you bought your copy from?

barb butrym

Quite Involved in Discussions
once again, a day late and a dollar short (euro-dollar?)

The euro dollar has no value of its own..it is a standard you carry euro dollars..and spend them everywhere there, no need to change the money......what happens is the stuff you buy is priced in local currency and the euro dollar equivelant....the country/ merchant sets the rate. the exchange is what ever it already is from dollars to francs/pounds/etc. Unless of course the merchant marks up for the convienience....which he most probably will do.

D

Deb Weissler

Mike,

I was not aware that a 4th edition is out. We are required to be certified to VDA6.1 3rd edition and that's what we were audited to in November. We are still awaiting our certificate from our registrar but I believe the 3rd edition is still valid. I will call my registrar and inquire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom