Where can I take ISO 13485 lead auditor training?

S

sonic85

Hi Guys,

Could anyone please let me where can I take an ISO 13485 lead auditor training. I need to take that course within the next 2 weeks.

Any help would be really appreciated !!!:confused:

AndyN

Moved On
Well, where are you in the World? We can't help you much if you don't say where you are - or are you prepared to fly anywhere?

somashekar

Leader
Admin
Why do you have to have Lead Auditor training? Awful waste of money if it isn't necessary
There is a dearth of qualified and trained 13485 auditors across most of the recognized CB's. The OP is certain of his requirement.
Sonic85: You need to see which of the recognized CB's are offering this training in your area.
Check with BSI, SGS, UL, TUV Sud, TUV Rhienland

J

JohnF46

For Lead Auditor training (with reference to EU Directives/regulation) check out online training and certification on the deGRANDSON Global website.

Last edited by a moderator:

AndyN

Moved On
There is a dearth of qualified and trained 13485 auditors across most of the recognized CB's. The OP is certain of his requirement.
Sonic85: You need to see which of the recognized CB's are offering this training in your area.
Check with BSI, SGS, UL, TUV Sud, TUV Rhienland

Be sure, also to check with nonCB training like Omnex, Oriel Stat-A-Matrix, Excel Partnership, etc. - CB's are only one source of training to consider.

S

sonic85

Hi Thanks everyone,

I am located on the east cost in the US.

You guys provided some good information. So I wanted to say that i need this training as I am transitioning from compliance engineering to Regulatory in my company. I would need to do ISO 13485 Audits at Multiple location all over the USA. So my company offered me two options:

1- get a one day training from a senior auditor on ISO 13485 here at my company
2- Look for a class that teach ISO 13485.

So i though option 2 is better for the long run, can someone confirm that? since some of you mentioned the class might be a waste of time.

Also I am looking at course offered by STAT A MATRIX. is this company good??

Also are these course carry any value for future job opportunities ?

Thank you all again very much:thanx:

S

sonic85

So the training is worth it, right?

Would it help in future career opportunities??

AndyN

Moved On
So the training is worth it, right?

Would it help in future career opportunities??

It depends on what career you are pursuing. I was a Lead Auditor but the course hasn't done anything for me, except I was a CB auditor and a Supplier Quality Manager. Having a course isn't going to get you a job as an auditor, really. The course costs around $1500 and the company is going to send you? The option is one day with someone? Neither sound much of an option. If you have not done audits before, you'll need more than 1 day. Coaching is a better option, frankly. A 4 day LA course may not be really what you actually need. Perhaps an internal auditor course, with the experienced auditor providing some coaching is the "best" solution.

Top Bottom