Where in the quality manual do I put our Quality Objectives and our Quality Policy

Could someone please tell me where in the quality manual do i put our Quality Objectives and our Quality Policy? Would it be after the Foreword? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Kerri

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
Re: Where in the quality manual do I put our Quality Objectives and our Quality Polic

Could someone please tell me where in the quality manual do i put our Quality Objectives and our Quality Policy? Would it be after the Foreword? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Kerri
Hi Kerry:

Good question! Neither, technically, have to appear IN the Quality manual. Policy can - generally early on. Have you a specific format for your manual? Like, does it follow the ISO requirements?

The objectives IMHO have no place in the manual. Put them in your management review for discussion and review during the course of doing business.

Re: Where in the quality manual do I put our Quality Objectives and our Quality Polic

I do follow the ISO requirements. So how do you know what your quality policy and quality objectives are if you do not have them in your quality manual?

Eredhel

Quality Manager

Which standard are you trying to fulfill the requirements of?

I do follow the ISO requirements. So how do you know what your quality policy and quality objectives are if you do not have them in your quality manual?
The quality policy and objectives have to be communicated. Since no-one reads any manual which is formatted on the ISO requirements (including the arcane language the standard uses) - so posting the policy and objectives (on a score card) is a better option, IMHO.

DEVigil

Involved In Discussions

We're a small company, and we structured our Quality Manual similarly to ISO 13485. Section 1 is Purpose and Scope (where we list applicable standards covered, non-applicability, etc.). Section 2 is Company Information (brief overview, high level org charts, etc.) Section 3 is labeled Quality System and that's where we put out Vision statement, Quality Policy, and Quality Objectives (with a table that maps them to the policy and metrics we use to measure performance against our goals). Then the rest of the manual follows the organization of 13485 pretty closely - Section 4 is QMS, Section 5 is Management Responsibility, and so forth.

We also post the Quality Policy itself, signed by the CEO, in various places in our offices - the break room, the developer area, and so forth.

Golfman25

Trusted Information Resource

Thanks!
Kerri
Page 1. :)

Stick it wherever you want. But I wouldn't include quality objectives as they are likely to change over time. Would want to have to update a manual every time. Maybe just make an appendix or attachment.

EthanLoh

Involved In Discussions

You can create appendix in the QM.
E.g.
Appendix - I, Quality policy
Appendix - II, Quality objectives

PS: You will need to provide evidence to prove that the policy and objectives are reviewed at least annually. Normally during Management Review meeting.

PS: You will need to provide evidence to prove that the policy and objectives are reviewed at least annually.
Can you point to this requirement? Is it in ISO 9001? Some other QMS requirement? Customer?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Annual Stock Check - Where to add it into our Quality Manual? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
A Where to define Process Tailoring Form used in CMMI in the ISO 9001 Quality Manual? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
K Procedures and Quality Manual written - Where next? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 14
5 Honda Supplier Quality Manual - Where to Obtain? Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 12
D Quality Manual - Where the cross referenced procedures fit in? Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 4
A Please tell me where to start - ISO 9001:2000 Quality Manual 'Upgrade' Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 9
M Daimler Chrysler SQM (Supplier Quality Manual) - Where to obtain a copy Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 9
F Quality Objectives - Where in the QMS Quality Objectives should be located ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 8
M AS9100 - Where to start - Small company (10 employees) and I am the Quality Dept. AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 45
C Where does Quality Authority come from? Career and Occupation Discussions 4
D Where does the QMS (Quality Management System) fit in your organization? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 13
T Where is Quality on your Organization Chart? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 9
A Where to document Quality Objectives ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
D Online quality site where I can get FMEA or GD&T Training FMEA and Control Plans 3
Q Where to include the SIPOC results in QMS (Quality Management System)? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
N Where to begin defining and monitoring Quality Metrics in a Machine Shop Manufacturing and Related Processes 9
G Quality Objectives - Where to start defining Quality Objectives? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 11
K How and where to start as Quality Management Representatives QMR (ISO9001:2008) ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7
B Where do I start when I Internal Audit the Quality Management System? Internal Auditing 8
B Where do policies fit in the setting up of a Quality Management System (QMS)? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 8
D Quality Digest article - "An Honest Gage R&R Study" - Where is he getting the d2*? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 4
J Quality Organization - Does it matter where it reports to? Other US Medical Device Regulations 13
T Where should Validation and/or Testing Report to? Engineering? Quality? Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 3
S Where is the line drawn between Manufacturing and Quality... Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 14
B Small company where the Quality Manager and HR manager is the same person ? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 9
T Organizational Charts - Where does the Quality Assurance Manager fit in Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 30
D Where/How to Gain Training/Education to Be a Quality Professional Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 11
Wes Bucey Where to look for Quality Assurance jobs? Career and Occupation Discussions 11
J Ideas for Quality Policy Sign - What and Where? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 10
sardonyx Where can I buy TS7-K Supplier Quality Requirements QS 7 Pack? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 5
GStough Where to begin - creating a Quality Plan for Class I Medical Device ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 7
Q Where I can pursue Quality related training near New York City? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
Wes Bucey Where does your hospital rank on quality? Hospitals, Clinics & other Health Care Providers 20
C Quality Manager and employee issues, where to draw the line? Career and Occupation Discussions 17
Q Setting up a Quality system - No medical device experience - Where to start ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
H Looking for Career Advice - My title is Quality Analyst - Where from here? Career and Occupation Discussions 1
T Changing Existing Quality Culture/Program - Where to Begin? Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 5
J VDA 2 Ensuring the quality of deliveries - Where I can purchage an english version? VDA Standards - Germany's Automotive Standards 2
P Where is the Quality Mission Statement ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
A CEU's for ASQ recertifications - Where quality professionals can find CEUs Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 8
M Quality program, where to begin? One man machine/mold shop Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 13
H How and where should Quality Objectives be documented? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 15
Marc Quality Digest 2004 Salary Survey - Yearly Elsmar Cove Poll - Where do YOU stand? Career and Occupation Discussions 17
D Published ASQ CQE (Certified Quality Engineer) Exams - Where can I get them? Professional Certifications and Degrees 22
CarolX Where does Quality begin? Philosophy, Gurus, Innovation and Evolution 36
L Changing the Culture of an organisation where quality is a dirty word ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 91
J Quality System 'Champion' - Where do I start? Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 1
V Free Quality Tools and Where to Find Them Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 56
A Distance Learning where I would be able to obtain a 4 year degree in Quality? Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 7
S How do I deal with a company where there is no centralized quality function? Preventive Action and Continuous Improvement 13