Where to buy a copy of the AS9100 Standard only?

K

KWalls - 2008

After searching the threads here and the links to other websites that have copies of the standards for purchase I have yet to find a copy of the standard that does not include ISO 9001: 2000 in it. Can someone point me in the right direction?:confused:

Thank you so much!:thanx:

D

DsqrdDGD909

Re: Copy of AS9100 Standard only?

Try this link:

http:// qualitypress. asq. org/perl/catalog.cgi?item=T9100B - - THE ORIGINAL POST HAD THIS LINK BUT IT IS DEAD AS OF of 7 June 2019.

I searched the ASQ web store and did not find it for sale there. Maybe I missed it. 7 June 2019

Last edited by a moderator:

ScottK

Not out of the crisis
Leader
Super Moderator
Search Results | IHS Markit Standards Store

SAE AS9100 Revision D, September 2016
US$146.00 - .pdf and printed available.

This is where I buy all my standards.
Since people are buying ISO9001 separately I would assume it's not included.
That may be a bad assumption, though.

Link and sourced checked 7 June 2019.

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin

Thank you! I had tried that link, but it didn't show any that were sans ISO requirements. :thanks:
Not sure what you mean. AS9100 will ALWAYS include the ISO 9001 requirements. AS9100 is an "augmentation" of ISO 9001 with Aerospace specific QMS requirements. You will not find a copy of AS9100 without ISO 9001 requirements embedded in it.

K

KWalls - 2008

Not sure what you mean. AS9100 will ALWAYS include the ISO 9001 requirements. AS9100 is an "augmentation" of ISO 9001 with Aerospace specific QMS requirements. You will not find a copy of AS9100 without ISO 9001 requirements embedded in it.

I understand that they will always go hand-in-hand and that ISO will be referenced in the AS standards. I just don't want to double up on my copies of ISO standards. BUT, if that's the case, I should have just bought the AS9100 standards first becuase the ISO standards come with it? :confused:

D

DsqrdDGD909

Thank you! I had tried that link previously, but it didn't show any that were sans ISO requirements. :thanks: Maybe I just didn't search hard enough! ;)

To expand on Sidney's point....from SAE's web site:

OBSOLETE LINK REMOVED.

SAE Standards
Document Number: AS9100
Revision Number: B
Date Published: January 2004

Title: Quality Management Systems - Aerospace - Requirements

Issuing Committee:
G-14 Americas Aerospace Quality Group (Aaqg)

Scope:
This standard AS9100 includes ISO 9001:2000 quality management system requirements and specifies additional requirements for a quality management system for the aerospace industry. The additional aerospace requirements are shown in bold, italic text.It is emphasized that the quality management system requirements specified in this standard AS9100 are complementary (not alternative) to contractual and applicable law and regulatory requirements. This International Standard AS9100 specifies requirements for a quality management system where an organization a) needs to demonstrate its ability to consistently provide product that meets customer and applicable regulatory requirements, and b) aims to enhance customer satisfaction through the effective application of the system, including processes for continual improvement of the system and the assurance of conformity to customer and applicable regulatory requirements.NOTE: In this International Standard, the term "product" applies only to the product intended for, or required by, a customer.

NOTE: LINKS IN POSTS ABOVE UPDATED FOR AS9100 REVISION D DATED 2016-09-20

K

KWalls - 2008

Thanks Discordian & Jeff! I think you guys are pointing me in the right direction. Sorry for being a pain in the butt! I am just new to quality systems and am trying to learn as much as possible by myself.

K

KWalls - 2008

To expand on Sidney's point....from SAE's web site....

I have read that previously on the SAE website. I was just wondering if there was actually a copy of AS 9100 that just references ISO, not states ISO and adds in AS 9100.

D

DsqrdDGD909

Why would you want that - if it even existed?

Top Bottom