Where to buy standards such as IEC 62366:2007

jradford

Involved In Discussions
I am asking this because I was just looking for IEC 62366:2007. Looking at the usual locations like ISO store, Techstreet, BSI & Web store where the standard runs between $200-$300. I found other locations which have the standard as AAMI for $30-$120. Why is the AAMI version so much less? Is this not an official version? Also, what makes the standard an offical version? Is there some "check sum"/word count so I can verify nothing is missing if I buy it from "Bob's Standards Store" or an ANSI/AAMI/IEC version?

Howard Atkins

Forum Administrator
Leader
Admin
If you look at the AAMI webstore site
they say
Equivalency: Equivalency to IEC 62A/62366/Ed.1: Identical

PDF Price (Member/Nonmember): $60/$120

from my purchase of standards such as 9001 etc in places like Singapore, I know that they sell Singapore standard 9001 for a very reduced price and it is a complete copy of ISO standard.
In fact ANSI do the same for the American standard 9001 but charge US prices

M

MIREGMGR

Why is the AAMI version so much less?

Various organizations become entitled to sell standards by means of participating in their development, or by cross-agreements, i.e. I develop these ones, you develop those ones, we agree to allow each other to distribute both groups in our respective territories.

Each such organization sets its own prices, more or less arbitrarily because the actual printing/publishing costs are relatively small.

Perhaps such an organization might set its pricing with its operating costs and funding needs in mind. Organizations that are more frugal and efficient might sometimes have lower pricing. Or, the difference could just be due to unaware management of one or another organization's marketing, not having noticed that their (arbitrary) pricing differs considerably from someone else's (arbitrary) pricing.

Top Bottom