Where to look for Quality Assurance jobs?

Wes Bucey

Prophet of Profit
At least ten times a week, I get calls, emails, private messages, etc. all asking the same thing:
Where's a good place to look for jobs for a quality professional?

Today, the ASQ Forums had a post that was VERY surprising, even for me, a long-time ASQ member.
Trish Borzon

Re: Career advice
Posted: Apr 18, 2008 2:56 PM

Don't forget to look on ASQ's Career Center http://www.asq.org/career/index.html

We average 250 new jobs posted every month. As a member of ASQ you can upload your resume and allow it to be searched by companies looking for quality employees.

We are also hosting a career fair at the World Conference in Houston. http://wcqi.asq.org/career-fair/index.html

Good Luck
Trish Borzon,
ASQ Program Administrator
250 new jobs posted every month is a LOT of new jobs each month. Do yourself a favor and check it out!

Coury Ferguson

Moderator here to help
Trusted Information Resource
Re: Where to look for Quality jobs?

At least ten times a week, I get calls, emails, private messages, etc. all asking the same thing:
Where's a good place to look for jobs for a quality professional?

Today, the ASQ Forums had a post that was VERY surprising, even for me, a long-time ASQ member.
250 new jobs posted every month is a LOT of new jobs each month. Do yourself a favor and check it out!

I used the ASQ Job Board and found it very useful. I got about 10 Phone Interviews out of 30 Resumes sent. You don't have to be a member to upload your resume, and to apply, only to make it searchable.

I noticed when reviewing the postings (I got emails the ASQ Job board reflecting new position or fits what I was looking for) that there was one drawback that I heard from some of the Companies that called me: They were unable to download/open the resume that you attached as part of the submission. Also, the only other inconvenience (very little of one) that you had to copy and paste your Cover Letter in the box.

Other than that I got some good leads and contacts.

That is one of the tools to help yourself search. There are websites like www.Jobing.com, www.monster.com, www.careerbuilder.com, and www.indeed.com

Last edited:

Wes Bucey

Prophet of Profit
At 11:00 pm CDT today, there were 282 ACTIVE job offerings on the ASQ website, the bulk of which were direct employer offerings disclosing the company and the location. The few I looked at seemed to give sufficient information to make a decision to research further to target a resume and cover letter to the named contact based on the company, its products, competitors, finances (available from SEC filings and other sources), and personal references from friends and acquaintances familiar with the company.

That said, I was disappointed (as is so often the case) at the scarcity of information provided by some of the agency recruiters who make up a minor portion of the listings. My guess is they did NOT have exclusive listings and feared attempts to circumvent them out of their commission fee. I wonder at how successful overall the recruiter ads are versus the direct employer ads in getting responses.

I'd be interested in what some of our Cove readers think as they browse through those job ads. Do YOU think they are worthwhile and meaningful ads or do you think they are not much better than going to Monster or any of the other general job listing sites and punching in a search term for "quality"?

Coury Ferguson

Moderator here to help
That said, I was disappointed (as is so often the case) at the scarcity of information provided by some of the agency recruiters who make up a minor portion of the listings. My guess is they did NOT have exclusive listings and feared attempts to circumvent them out of their commission fee. I wonder at how successful overall the recruiter ads are versus the direct employer ads in getting responses.

You are right about the concern that recruiters would have about their commission loss

I'd be interested in what some of our Cove readers think as they browse through those job ads. Do YOU think they are worthwhile and meaningful ads or do you think they are not much better than going to Monster or any of the other general job listing sites and punching in a search term for "quality"?

Yes fellow Cove members do look at the site and provide your thoughts.

Wes Bucey

Prophet of Profit
A little boost to pique the interest of those needing a job or contemplating getting a different one.

We have a couple of good listings in our own Forum here in the Cove.
Job Openings and Employment Opportunities
Check 'em out and apply if you qualify.

I'm curious why we haven't had comment about the ASQ job site. My perception is the listings from actual employers (versus agency recruiters) are much more detailed in giving candidates a fair description of the job than the listings by the same organization for the same job when the listing appears at Monster.com or careerbuilder.com

Anyone got the same perception or a different one?

Coury Ferguson

Moderator here to help
I'm curious why we haven't had comment about the ASQ job site. My perception is the listings from actual employers (versus agency recruiters) are much more detailed in giving candidates a fair description of the job than the listings by the same organization for the same job when the listing appears at Monster.com or careerbuilder.com

Anyone got the same perception or a different one?

Recruiters do use the ASQ Board for some of their postings, I was contacted by a few. The postings to me are similar in depth from all of the sites.

The board is mainly used by Direct Companies and not as much by recruiters. The other job boards I listed have direct company hires and recruiters. They are all good tools to use in the Job Search.

:topic: BTW: I found this position thru www.Jobing.com Discalaimer: I am not affilated with this site

errhine

Involved - Posts
I have gone to the San Diego ASQ job board and found it to have very detailed information for the most part. It seems to be kept up to date and the older posts that have been filled use a strike-though font so one can still see what types of jobs were available and the frequency of the posts from various companies.

Wes Bucey

Prophet of Profit
I have gone to the San Diego ASQ job board and found it to have very detailed information for the most part. It seems to be kept up to date and the older posts that have been filled use a strike-though font so one can still see what types of jobs were available and the frequency of the posts from various companies.
That's an interesting feature! I never saw that before.

I presume you mean the individual SD Section listing for Section 0703 at http://www.asqsandiego.org/jobs.htm

I had forgotten to add in my original post that nearly EVERY ASQ Section has a separate job board listing many local jobs as well as some national and regional ones. Different sections handle the task differently.

Thanks for adding this important bit of information!:thanx:

Wes Bucey

Prophet of Profit
Just kicking this thread to the top of the queue. ASQ had 486 active jobs on their board when I looked ten minutes before writing this post. You do not have to be an ASQ member to view or apply for these jobs. In addition, nearly every local ASQ Section also has a job board - check with a local officer to see how to access it - SOME OF THE SECTION LISTINGS MAY BE RESTRICTED TO MEMBERS ONLY..

I'd like to point out many of the jobs on the ASQ Board involve Quality, but do not have "quality" in the job title - an important consideration when a candidate is searching for openings - DO NOT LIMIT YOUR JOB SEARCH TO JOBS WITH "QUALITY" IN THE TITLE!.

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator
Just kicking this thread to the top of the queue. ASQ had 486 active jobs on their board when I looked ten minutes before writing this post. You do not have to be an ASQ member to view or apply for these jobs. In addition, nearly every local ASQ Section also has a job board - check with a local officer to see how to access it - SOME OF THE SECTION LISTINGS MAY BE RESTRICTED TO MEMBERS ONLY..

I'd like to point out many of the jobs on the ASQ Board involve Quality, but do not have "quality" in the job title - an important consideration when a candidate is searching for openings - DO NOT LIMIT YOUR JOB SEARCH TO JOBS WITH "QUALITY" IN THE TITLE!.

Does ASQ remove the open positions from the list once they're filled?

Stijloor.

Top Bottom