Where to save an ITAR policy?

Big Jim

Admin
Interesting comment.

Now for a philosophical question:

If not part of the "AS9100 scheme", how many management systems should an organization have?

Strictly from a philosophic perspective, probably one would cause the least confusion, but you can have as many as you want. Keep in mind that element 5.1.c requires that the quality management system be fully integrated into the business processes. Even at that, it doesn't say the quality management system has to be fully integrated into the business management system.

Think about it for a moment, would you want to have your financials integrated into your quality management system providing totally unqualified auditors trolling through your financials?

Mike S.

Happy to be Alive
Trusted Information Resource
AS9101 is

AS9100 not something you can get registered to. It is the instructions that your certification body auditors are required to follow when they are auditing you. So those are not requirements for you so to speak, but part of what your auditor needs to determine as part of his audit and which elements of AS9100 they apply to.

If you feel it necessary to do so, you could include them as part of your written procedures. Keep in mind that AS9100 only requires written procedures for two topics, element 8.7, control of nonconforming products, and element10.2, nonconformity and corrective action.

You can have as many more written procedures as you want, so do whatever you feel is needed to provide the structure to have an effective system.
Ya got a typo there, Jim.

Kronos147

Think about it for a moment, would you want to have your financials integrated into your quality management system providing totally unqualified auditors trolling through your financials?
You are a smart man. I completely agree with you.

In our manual, I have a boudary statement that says Finance not part of our AQMS.

How could an organization have any system if there is not a financial management system? It can't!

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin
In our manual, I have a boudary statement that says Finance not part of our AQMS.
What about Environmental Management, Occupational Health and Safety Management, Asset management, information security, etc. are they part of your “quality system”?

Kronos147

What about Environmental Management, Occupational Health and Safety Management, Asset management, information security, etc. are they part of your “quality system”?
In a lot of our documentation, we state 'Management System'. The goal of the HLS change was so the system could be consolidated.

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin
In a lot of our documentation, we state 'Management System'. The goal of the HLS change was so the system could be consolidated.
There is no more HLS. It is now HS Harmonized Structure. It is not consolidation, it is integration. And, since you did not answer my previous question, I guess you do NOT address all those other topics/disciplines in your “management” system, what means it is a quality system.

Top Bottom