Which certification audit group shall we take?

D

DavidLau

:confused: I ‘m newcomer from China and my company features producing cylinder head gaskets for Motors. Our client (customer) required my company to apply ISO/TS 16949. and now we are engaged in preparing audition So we are wondering that which certification audit group that be qualified we shall choose. And we also are looking for a consultant so would you like to give me a suggestion….thanks

D

DDaenen1

I have experience with both KPMG and BVQI. With both companies i have fairly good experiences. What i liked more about KPMG is that the audit team been the same since we certified according ISO/TS16949. With BVQI it was a new auditor every follow up or renewal audit. I hear people think up loud now that it's better to have different auditors all the time but i tend to find it more benficial when you have the same which after the first audit, has a good understanding about your company and its business and can dedicate more time to the actual auditing. With a new one every time, i always had to explain over again what our company does, its structure and the specifics about our business.

S

Sam

DavidLau,
Welcome to the cove.
Go to www.iaob.org. There is a complete list of CB's. IMO select 10, get quotes and compare results. There are some subtle differences between CB's. Also talk with each CB to determine if they have auditors experienced in your manufacturing. Refer to the FAQ's on the above site and copy the info describing how to calculate days required for audit activity.
Above all, become knowledgeable in the "rules", the assessment checklist and the specification.
There appears to be a trend amongst CB's to send out massive amounts of forms that requires you to describe your processes; There is NO requirement to do this. THe CB auditor is required to audit your system based on YOUR process definition. Refer to the "rules" and the errata sheet to the "Quality System Assessment Checklist" manual.

Good luck.

M

mshell

In addition to the quotes, I would also suggest developing an assessment form that addresses issues that are improtant to your organization and having the potential CB's answer the questions (this will help you to determine which CB will be the better partner). Completion of this type of assessment also provides evidence of supplier assessment prior to selection.

Manoj Mathur

Quite Involved in Discussions
David,

Value added Auditing (VAA) should be another criteria and not merely getting certificates and/or getting fault finding mission accomplishment.

Top Bottom