SBS - The Best Value in QMS software

Which control chart to use for SPC control for torque moment which value is min 15 Nm

I

igor_zdraveski

Hallo !
I have problem. I need to make SPC control for torque moment which value is min 15 Nm. Please help me which control chart I need to use and if someone have example please send me.

Best Regards.
:confused::confused::mg::mg::confused::confused::confused::confused::mg::mg::confused::confused::confused:

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Miner

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Admin
Re: Whitch control chart I need to use

Please provide additional information on your process.

At this point all I can tell you is that you will need some type of variables control chart. To tell you whether an IMR, Xbar-R or other type will depend greatly on the type of processing that occurs.

Steve Prevette

Deming Disciple
Staff member
Super Moderator
Re: Which control chart to use for SPC control for torque moment which value is min 1

Hallo !
I have problem. I need to make SPC control for torque moment which value is min 15 Nm. Please help me which control chart I need to use and if someone have example please send me.
Please do realize that the control chart itself has nothing to do with the specification (min 15 Nm). So whether the specification is one sided or two sided, we still make the same chart. I would agree, that likely this is either xbar-R, or x-sigma.

I do have some control charting materials (with example charts) at Trending Primer and Trending Training - Performance Measures and Statistics Course Number 7885 Fluor Hanford.

bobdoering

Stop X-bar/R Madness!!
Trusted Information Resource
Re: Whitch control chart I need to use

Please provide additional information on your process.

At this point all I can tell you is that you will need some type of variables control chart. To tell you whether an IMR, Xbar-R or other type will depend greatly on the type of processing that occurs.
I agree - the distribution of torque is likely a normal distribution, and the choice of I-MR or X-bar-R really depends on whether the variation found within a sample is representative of the variation of the population - except for special causes.

Kales Veggie

People: The Vital Few
Re: Which control chart to use for SPC control for torque moment which value is min 1

Hallo !

Best Regards.
:confused::confused::mg::mg::confused::confused::confused::confused::mg::mg::confused::confused::confused:
I agree with the other posters (XBar-R).

How are you planning to measure torque? Are you verifying the torque as part of the process or "off line"?

I

igor_zdraveski

Hallo to everyone.

My part is metal plate on which are riveted two screws (clinch studs) . At the drawing is specified min push-out force and min torque moment. For torque moment is not specified the tolerances only min torque moment 15Nm (I don't have Upper limit). This characteristic we are measuring whit torque wrench out of line. I don't now does we need to go to the maximum torque and scrap measured parts or we need to make measure only pass no pass and use again measured parts, and use attributive charts.
I have tried to make x-r but the result was wrong.

Thank in advance for your help.
:thanx::thanx:

Kales Veggie

People: The Vital Few

Hallo to everyone.

My part is metal plate on which are riveted two screws (clinch studs) . At the drawing is specified min push-out force and min torque moment. For torque moment is not specified the tolerances only min torque moment 15Nm (I don't have Upper limit). This characteristic we are measuring whit torque wrench out of line. I don't now does we need to go to the maximum torque and scrap measured parts or we need to make measure only pass no pass and use again measured parts, and use attributive charts.
I have tried to make x-r but the result was wrong.

Thank in advance for your help.
:thanx::thanx:
I think it is a destructive test and probably should not use for process control and SPC (measuring the wrong thing and very costly!).

Checking the torque and force on the finished part is too late in the process. You must control the process upstream.

You should look at your PFMEA and determine what process controls (for example: hole size control, surface finish, hardness, taper, material thickness, clinch nut capability on size and material) are in place to control the failure mode.

Start looking at process characteristics and control those with SPC.

I have seen similar situation where only one piece is tested per shift to verify the process. The push out force / break away torque is recorded on a run chart (not for SPC or process control, verification of the process only).

bobdoering

Stop X-bar/R Madness!!
Trusted Information Resource

I think it is a destructive test and probably should not use for process control and SPC (measuring the wrong thing and very costly!).

Checking the torque and force on the finished part is too late in the process. You must control the process upstream.

You should look at your PFMEA and determine what process controls (for example: hole size control, surface finish, hardness, taper, material thickness, clinch nut capability on size and material) are in place to control the failure mode.

Start looking at process characteristics and control those with SPC.
I agree - destructive testing verus simple torque or torque falloff - is a different animal. Controlling upstream (if possible) would be a control rather than a report card chart.

But, I am curious as to the "wrong result" you had with an X bar-R chart? What did you see, and what did you thing was wrong about it?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Shewhart Control Chart for SPC In Excel - Explain the yellow and red marked column Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 2
J Statistical Significance and SPC Control Chart Reports Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 9
P SPC Data Collection and Control Chart Type question Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 4
T Implementing SPC - Control Chart for Individual Measurements Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 9
T Conceptual Questions on SPC - Operating characteristic curve of a control chart Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 2
S Reaction Plan for SPC (Statistical Process Control) Chart Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 4
C SPC: How to set up control limits on SPC chart based on historical data? Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 7
A Point Outside of Control Limit for R Chart - This is not SPC...It's GR&R study Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 2
W Warping / Flatness SPC - X bar-R chart - Control is Max 0.15 Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 5
C Excel .xls SPC Control chart - Corrective action notes Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 11
G Need Suggestions for SPC, control chart Training Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 1
S Control chart limit calculation confusion concerning SPC control limit calculation Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 27
Q AIAG SPC Manual - Is the Control Chart in Appendix I wrong? Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 9
D How to build an SPC control chart in an Excel .xls spreadsheet Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 8
A Fabric roll inspection - What type of Control Chart to use? Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 2
Z Putting back excluded rows/data points in a control chart Using Minitab Software 0
B Control chart and sample time Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 1
J Control chart for huge sample size Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 9
M What is "setup control chart"? Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 2
A Redesigning our process flow chart, PFMEA and Control Plan Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 4
D Control chart applicable? Percentage of compliance with a standard Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 2
D Link between FMEA, flow chart and control plan FMEA and Control Plans 10
B How to do a control chart - Machining product that requires flatness control Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 1
S Understanding control chart and measurement capability Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 2
F Appropriate Control Chart Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 5
S used excel formula calculated the ARL's with Rule1&Rule2 for Shewhart control chart Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 0
H How to define Root Cause when some points are out of control chart Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 6
L The ARL for an X bar Control Chart (n = 5) Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 5
L P-Chart Control Limit Calculation help Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 1
L A Complete Control Chart Decision Tree Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 5
S Variation Study on Mined Material - What do you call it (not a control chart) Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 7
G I-Chart and X bar Chart Control limits Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 3
S Regression Control Chart - Process Capability Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 18
J Control Chart Pattern Detection Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 3
R Control Chart Constants and Confidence Interval Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 7
P Specification and Tolerance in Stability Control Chart Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 9
I What is an "X-Rs" Control Chart? Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 4
I What is an Ideal Control Chart for Hospital Surgery Infections? FMEA and Control Plans 2
K Advice on Calculating Control Chart Control Limits Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 13
R XBar & R Chart Spreadsheet to apply a Control Process Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 1
Chennaiite Control Chart for Non-Manufacturing Process Indicators - Is it worth? Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 1
O Is it an Assignable Cause only if the Control Chart says so? Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 16
C Control Chart Roadmap Template Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 0
T Shewhart Control Chart - ISO/TS 13530:2009(E), Page 22. General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 3
M MSA (Measurement System Analysis) - Do we have control of all states in the chart? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 5
H Control Chart applications in Cement Industries Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 2
R "Control" as used in 4.1 c) - Process Flow Charts (Process Sequence Chart) ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 12
I Control Chart for Mortality Rate on Broiler Farms Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 4
G Control Chart Selection for Crimping Operations for RJ 45 Plugs Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 5
K When to create a new Control Chart? Quick question Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 4