Which Manual Vision System to Buy

S

sindri

We are planning to buy manual vision system. We manufacture small high precision parts. so far our Internet search shows starred and mitutoyo manual vision system. We would like to have your opinion, which one is best or you can suggest other choice.

L

Lucasmf

Manual Optical Measurement Systems

I personally like the MicroVu Sol and the Ram Optical Startlite.

The nice thing about the Sol is that any program you write on it can port over to their Vertex automated system if you decide to upgrade later.

I have also heard good things about the Mitutoyo systems though no personal experience beyond a quick demo.

Michael_M

Trusted Information Resource
We use the MicroVu system as well and after the short learning curve everyone agrees it is much better than a comparator. The only issue I have with ours is the range, the table is 12" x 12" x (about) 6.5". we have a few parts that the 6.5" is not quite enough and we have to measure the old fashion way, once you get use to the MicroVu, you don't want to go back to the old ways.

It has a zoom capability of 7x to 40x so I can look at finishes and get in real close to the part.

normzone

Trusted Information Resource
Optical measurement tool

I was asked to assess the marketplace for optical measurement tools and thought I'd check the Cove first - this was the top thread on the list - Guess I should buy a lottery ticket tonight.

Back in the mid nineties I had a great time with a RAM optical system, but after a brief check of their website it appears that the large bed system I had has been superceded by much smaller platforms. Like the comment above, I'd need something in the area of a 24" workzone.

We just sold a Romer Arm - bought it new and never really got our money's worth out of it. Two parties at fault there - My organization never hired a tech with the level of experience required to be successful with it, and the company we bought it from maintained no current user documentation and didn't offer much in the way of customer support - a sure recipe for failure.:mad:

Top Bottom