Which Medical Device Regulatory Body you rate as the best

Which Medical Device Regulation you rate as the best.

• Australia TGA

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Brazil ANVISA

• China CFDA

• Europe MDD

• Japan PMDA

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

somashekar

Leader
Admin
In terms of information clarity, being thorough, professional, and most user / industry friendly ... Which Region regulatory would you rate the Best ~~~

M

MIREGMGR

All have major flaws. I don't see any other one as being in the same league as FDA, though.

I chose to re-spin "user friendliness" as immediate access for interpretations and discussion of borderline cases. I don't care whether they're nice. On the other hand, I greatly value being able to pick up the phone and talk to a manager in the Office of Compliance, or the senior person responsible for a particular Guidance.

Ajit Basrur

Leader
Admin
Yes, I too like the US FDA ... in addition to all the great guidance documents organized well on the website, their responses to my questions over phone or email has been also very prompt.

J0anne

Joanne
This is a great question. None of them are perfect but the FDA's data structure, information available, their professional/friendly attitude, together with ease of use and accessibility is far superior to the others.

J

Julie O

I don't see how anyone can top FDA as an agency. I'm actually quite a fan of the EU regulatory framework, but they have too many players in the mix for effective regulation, I think. And, to do them justice, are much newer at the game, like most of the other agencies out there.

A year or two ago, an FDAer I spoke with at a global harmonization forum told me that everyone always fusses at them about not being more "flexible" when it comes to harmonizing, but...whenever they get together with the other agencies, the other agencies don't want FDA to be flexible. They want FDA to show them how they do it, so they can do the same.

That was my impression from talking to regulators from the other agencies as well.

J0anne

Joanne
I agree with the EU Julie, it's a mess and I voted for the FDA because i find it much easier to navigate than the rest. The responses I get from FDA are more professional than responses from the EU as well. In fact I find the FDA staff to be a highly experienced, approachable and down to earth, but I find the opposite with the EU.

Top Bottom