Which Quality system? Company produces aluminum windows - No automotive

B

bluejay04

I was asked by a small company as to what quality system to be registared to ,this company produces aluminum windows-no automotive products

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Staff member
Admin
Re: Which Quality ststem?

I was asked by a small company as to what quality system to be registared to ,this company produces aluminum windows-no automotive products
Typically, organizations get certified to satisfy customer requirements or expectations. If that is the case here, the customers should be the ones identifying the standards that they expect the supplier to be certified to. If the certification drive, on the other hand, is self imposed, ISO 9001 would be the most natural selection.

BradM

Staff member
Admin

I am guessing if they have no customer/regulatory requirements, they can have whatever quality system they want to maintain.

Do they currently have a quality system? Why are they interested in registration?

T

tyker

The advice given above is correct. I would also be looking at product approval schemes recognized in their target markets and, possibly, specialized accredited registrars in the building products industry.

Jim Wynne

Staff member
Admin

I would vote for "none" unless there is a compelling reason to do so. Use of ISO 9001-2000 as a basis for quality system development never hurt anyone, though.

R

RG Ohidy

Jim,

I am surprised that you would state "none". Would it not be beneficial to register to ISO 9001, so that they could reap the rewards of continuous improve and thereby become stronger within their market?

Rich

Jim Wynne

Staff member
Admin

Jim,

I am surprised that you would state "none". Would it not be beneficial to register to ISO 9001, so that they could reap the rewards of continuous improve and thereby become stronger within their market?

Rich
I don't want to start yet another registration-or-not flame war, but I think that it's entirely possible to "reap the rewards of continuous* improvement" without registration. Keep in mind that I did say that registration is OK (imo) if there's a compelling reason for it.

*By the way, the proper word is "continualous." :notme:

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Staff member
Admin

Jim,

Rich
Jim is correct. Very few organizations (relatively speaking) benefit from registration. Few also benefit from implementation. However, the OP's question was SPECIFFICALLY what standard to get REGISTERED to. So, the OP is not asking about implementation and benefits to derive from implementation and registration.

R

RG Ohidy

Sidney,

I am aware of what the op was specifically asking.

I was just simply questioning the reason behind "none", as the conventional wisdom seems to be that certification is the answer to all of one ills'.

Rich

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Staff member
Admin

as the conventional wisdom seems to be that certification is the answer to all of one ills'.

Rich
Thanks, Rich. But most people who are really familiar with the management system certification process, knows that not to be the case.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Quality Assurance in China - Developing a quality management system for a California company Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 9
Y Quality Management System Manual (Wood Manufacturing Company) Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 4
L Implementing a new quality management system for a new engineering company ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
F How to set-up a Dual Company QMS (Quality Management System) Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 2
M Implementation of Quality System in Non TS/ISO company Benchmarking 3
Q Separate Quality System? Product line of a parent company spins off 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 1
Q Quality System Requirements for a European Company w/ US Subsidiary ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 11
A Quality System Templates - In Vitro Diagnostics, Small Company Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 2
H New company quality system ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
H Does The Company We Rent Space To Fall Under Our Quality System? Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 7
L Sophomore Supplier Quality System QE - Medical Device Company Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 4
S Control of Work Instructions and Forms - New Quality System in a Small Company Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 7
M Does the Microsoft (MBS) Company have any certified quality system? Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 4
D Has anyone written a Quality Manual for a Small Company Quality System? Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 13
M Unique Quality Management System for 2 sites ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
R Quality System Functional Safety Checklist / Guidance IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 0
O Any info on release date of FDA “Computer Software Assurance for Manufacturing and Quality System Software” document? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 0
D Big companies suffer from quality management system? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
R How would you work without a quality management system? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
P Conformity assessment based on a quality management system or production quality assurance EU Medical Device Regulations 3
S Quality management system (Well head installation & maintenance) Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 5
P How to develop executable quality management system for rookies? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 9
M Requirement to manufacture under a quality management system EU Medical Device Regulations 4
A IATF 16949 4.3.1 - Determining the scope of the quality management system - supplemental IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 9
A Building up a global quality management system ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
A Building up a global quality management system 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 3
T Ideas for developing a Supplier Quality Management System, non automotive ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
M MDR requires the NB to perform "tests in order to check that the quality management system" EU Medical Device Regulations 3
B Include cost of quality (and other wastes) in an ISO 9001 system? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
B Corrective and Preventive Action (CAPA) A Key Process of the Quality Management System Dec 17... Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 0
I Date of Quality Management System - Training Records ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 19
S Procedure on Privacy Policy in the ISO 13485 quality management system ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
S Defining a Quality System from scratch - Preferred system and documentation names Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 4
B EU MDR Quality System Requirements - Applicable to Class I? EU Medical Device Regulations 5
M Informational US – National Evaluation System for Health Technology Coordinating Center (NESTcc) Solicits Public Comments for Data Quality and Methods Frameworks Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
T ISO 13485 8.2.5. Monitoring and measurement of quality management system processes ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
Marc Problem with 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) sub-forum link - 2 May 2019 Elsmar Cove Forum Suggestions, Complaints, Problems and Bug Reports 1
D Templates for Environmental, Safety and quality Management System wanted Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 3
B Quality Management System documentation identification Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 11
M Quality System Processes without Documented Procedures Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 39
QIE Anyone have experience with BPA Quality (QMS system based on Office365/Sharepoint) Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 1
eule del ayre Lean Six Sigma for Quality Management System Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 10
S Quality System Induction Training for New Employees Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 16
L IATF 16949 Clause 9.2.2.2 Quality Management System Audit IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 9
John Predmore Explain Quality Management System (QMS) for the uninitiated ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
C ISO 14001 vs Existing Quality System - How to keep them separate? ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 3
S What are you looking for in an automated quality management system? Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 8
M FDA Considers Shift on Medical Device Quality System Regulations - 2018 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 0
A Definition Difference between Quality System Procedure and Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) Definitions, Acronyms, Abbreviations and Interpretations Listed Alphabetically 4
W Can 2 different sites under different Quality System have a common management review? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4