Which Registrar Should I Choose for ISO 9001:2015 registration?

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Jim Wynne

Staff member
Admin
Welcome to the Cove. :bigwave: You can get opinions here, but I don't think you'll get a definitive answer as to which is the "best." How did you narrow it down to the three you've identified?

WCHorn

Rubber, Too Glamorous?
Trusted Information Resource
I recommend you make sure that the registrar you're considering has auditors that are experienced with your manufactured commodity or service. The auditor's familiarity with manufacturing processes helps to keep the product realization portion of the audit moving because the auditor is familiar with various ways manufacturers of your commodity and can conform to the ISO requirements. That will reduce significantly any learning curve the auditor might have otherwise.

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Staff member
Admin
as long as they're both accredited.
Accredited? The overwhelming majority of organizations out there have no idea of what accreditation means, how to differentiate from legit accreditation, pseudo-accreditation, self accreditation, etc...

Even worse, as I mentioned in this Interesting Discussion - The proliferation of Accreditation Bodies in the USA thread, the "official" accreditation layer has been infiltrated by low-cost providers. However, they use words such as rigorous, ethical, thorough, etc... to describe their oversight. It is painfully clear that the IAF's peer assessment process whereby an AB assesses another AB is useless in keeping up the goal of one certificate, accepted everywhere.

The commoditization of management system certification keeps it's downward death spiral going. :soap:

ScottK

Not out of the crisis
Staff member
Super Moderator
Accredited? The overwhelming majority of organizations out there have no idea of what accreditation means, how to differentiate from legit accreditation, pseudo-accreditation, self accreditation, etc...

Even worse, as I mentioned in this Interesting Discussion - The proliferation of Accreditation Bodies in the USA thread, the "official" accreditation layer has been infiltrated by low-cost providers of accreditation services. However, they use words such as rigorous, ethical, thorough, etc... to describe their oversight. It is now, officially, a joke. The commoditization of management system certification keeps devaluing the sector.
Well - to be honest most places I've worked with don't check that.
Got cert that says ISO9001:2015 and some sort of number? Good. No need to fill out the rest of the survey. You're now an approved supplier.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MrPhish Should Potential Customer Complaint Outcome Define Registrar NC Rating? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 8
P Registrar Auditor's Candid Remarks - Should I report him to his office? Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 9
I Should We Notify Our Registrar - Has Our Scope Changed? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 5
Sidney Vianna Should customers influence a supplier's registrar selection? Registrars and Notified Bodies 88
M My site is closing When should I inform my Registrar ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
Coury Ferguson Should a Registrar write a NC on something that was found during the Internal Audit Registrars and Notified Bodies 138
T Should I contact registrar about major downsize ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
Crusader Process Approach beef - Registrar says that we 'should' use the process approach General Auditing Discussions 20
Adriane Am I overthinking this or... Should my Registrar be ISO9001 certified Registrars and Notified Bodies 46
A Choosing a Registrar - What Should We Look For in a Registrar? Registrars and Notified Bodies 81
J Conflict of Interest Registrar/Notified Body/Testing House Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 4
R Change Notification - Registrar vs Notified body ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
E Choosing an ISO 9001 registrar with auditors familiar with our industry Registrars and Notified Bodies 10
L Audit boundaries - Is a Registrar permitted to audit a company's QMS by visiting their suppliers? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 26
Jen Kirley Is your registrar (CB) accredited? ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 9
K Seeking ISO 13485 Registrar Recommendations Registrars and Notified Bodies 15
P Notify Registrar of Escalation letter IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 1
M New AS9100 Registrar - Recommendations for Transfer Registrars and Notified Bodies 3
M Notifying Registrar of Significant QMS changes ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
A ISO 9001:2015 registrar Auditor requesting copies of procedure prior to audit ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 24
N Does anyone know a registrar that offers both ISO 9001 and ISO 17020? Registrars and Notified Bodies 6
S Certification Body, Registrar, Notified Body - What is the difference? Registrars and Notified Bodies 3
1 ISO Registrar with waste water treatment experience Registrars and Notified Bodies 1
D How can a company transfer their AS certificate from a suspended AS91XX registrar? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 4
P Delay in IATF 16949 Certification from Registrar Registrars and Notified Bodies 10
Q Is a Domain Registrar a Critical Supplier? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 11
F Which Medical Device Standard Registrar would you recommend? CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 5
WCHorn Transfering certificate from Registrar "A" to Registrar "B" ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 8
W Registrar Practices - Audit Plan with Scope, Dates/Times, etc. ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
D Breach of Contract from Registrar (Auditor Payment Issue) Registrars and Notified Bodies 18
V Under what circumstances will a Registrar Audit a Company? (ISO 13485 - Canada) Canada Medical Device Regulations 5
M Contacting a "Must Use" (aka Sole Source) Supplier's Registrar Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 6
C Registrar Charges Per CAR Written Registrars and Notified Bodies 18
Q Supplier evaluation for registrar? Registrars and Notified Bodies 2
A AS9100 Registrar Expense Report Practices Registrars and Notified Bodies 3
M Answered; Registrar Dropped ISO 14971 Certification Program; What Now? ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 4
R Registrar Annual Management Fee Registrars and Notified Bodies 4
L Registrar Audit Report Length General Auditing Discussions 6
A AATT Aerospace Auditor Requirements for an AS9100 Registrar AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 10
E Consultant Person who implemented ALSO the Registrar Auditor? Consultants and Consulting 17
L Registrar Audit Scope and Limits ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 9
B TS 16949 Auditor Availability and Registrar Scheduling Delays Registrars and Notified Bodies 4
S QSB+ revoked - Notify registrar, what's next? Customer and Company Specific Requirements 3
P Which TS 16949 registrar do you use? Registrars and Notified Bodies 4
V Our Registrar has been Suspended AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 5
A Looking for an ISO 9001 Registrar in Bucks County, PA, USA Registrars and Notified Bodies 2
N Second Registrar Visit to Confirm Major Nonconformances Fixed ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 11
T Registrar Gap Assessments AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 2
M How to find a Good Registrar (Certification Body) for ISO TS 16949 certification Registrars and Notified Bodies 3
S Which is the "Best" Registrar Accreditation Body? Registrars and Notified Bodies 3