Which Registrar Should I Choose for ISO 9001:2015 registration?

Jim Wynne

Leader
Admin
Welcome to the Cove. :bigwave: You can get opinions here, but I don't think you'll get a definitive answer as to which is the "best." How did you narrow it down to the three you've identified?

WCHorn

Rubber, Too Glamorous?
Trusted Information Resource
I recommend you make sure that the registrar you're considering has auditors that are experienced with your manufactured commodity or service. The auditor's familiarity with manufacturing processes helps to keep the product realization portion of the audit moving because the auditor is familiar with various ways manufacturers of your commodity and can conform to the ISO requirements. That will reduce significantly any learning curve the auditor might have otherwise.

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin
as long as they're both accredited.
Accredited? The overwhelming majority of organizations out there have no idea of what accreditation means, how to differentiate from legit accreditation, pseudo-accreditation, self accreditation, etc...

Even worse, as I mentioned in this Interesting Discussion - The proliferation of Accreditation Bodies in the USA thread, the "official" accreditation layer has been infiltrated by low-cost providers. However, they use words such as rigorous, ethical, thorough, etc... to describe their oversight. It is painfully clear that the IAF's peer assessment process whereby an AB assesses another AB is useless in keeping up the goal of one certificate, accepted everywhere.

The commoditization of management system certification keeps it's downward death spiral going. :soap:

ScottK

Not out of the crisis
Leader
Super Moderator
Accredited? The overwhelming majority of organizations out there have no idea of what accreditation means, how to differentiate from legit accreditation, pseudo-accreditation, self accreditation, etc...

Even worse, as I mentioned in this Interesting Discussion - The proliferation of Accreditation Bodies in the USA thread, the "official" accreditation layer has been infiltrated by low-cost providers of accreditation services. However, they use words such as rigorous, ethical, thorough, etc... to describe their oversight. It is now, officially, a joke. The commoditization of management system certification keeps devaluing the sector.

Well - to be honest most places I've worked with don't check that.
Got cert that says ISO9001:2015 and some sort of number? Good. No need to fill out the rest of the survey. You're now an approved supplier.

Top Bottom