Which SPC Chart should I use? XbarR, Range, XmR, p, np, c, u, Zero Mean?

D

dragonair

which spc chart were used in your company?

hi,all
two questiones

which control chart of SPC were used in your company?
Do you think they are useful for your quality control?

D

D.Scott

Absolutely useful at our company.

We use most of the different types but the most common here is X-bar and Range.

The choice of chart type is of course dependant on what it is you are trying to accomplish.

Dave

D

Darius

In a continuos process like chemical industries the most usefull is Individual and moving range (XmR).

In a contiuos process in a homogeneous batch, the concept of subgroup doesn't apply, if several samples are taken in a given time, there is not going to be a significative difference between them (and mostly by sampling error).

:smokin:

Darius

A

Atul Khandekar

dragonair,

And if you have attribute data, you have a choice of p, np, c and u charts.

I agree with Dave. Control charts by themselves are not improvement tools - but they are monitoring tools and can signal when something's wrong. Much would depend on how you use them and what you want to do- there is wide choice of variable charts as well.

Do you already use SPC control charts or are you thinking of making a beginning?

Geoff Cotton

Quite Involved in Discussions
We have SPC sharts on all of our manufacturing processes (we even had one in our Finance Dept. at one stage recording Debtor days and how long it took customers to pay-up).

We mainly use XbarR, Individual Moving Range and Zero Mean charts in manufacturing. All are great for monitoring our processes.

We manufacture around 40 components per week, SPC is our only chance of effective control.

Geoff Cotton

Quite Involved in Discussions
We have SPC sharts on all of our manufacturing processes (we even had one in our Finance Dept. at one stage recording Debtor days and how long it took customers to pay-up).

We mainly use XbarR, Individual Moving Range and Zero Mean charts in manufacturing. All are great for monitoring our processes.

We manufacture around 40 MILLION components per week, SPC is our only chance of effective control.

(Sorry folks, missed the "Million" out of the previous post)

D

dragonair

Atul Khandekar said:

dragonair,

And if you have attribute data, you have a choice of p, np, c and u charts.

I agree with Dave. Control charts by themselves are not improvement tools - but they are monitoring tools and can signal when something's wrong. Much would depend on how you use them and what you want to do- there is wide choice of variable charts as well.

Do you already use SPC control charts or are you thinking of making a beginning?

TKS!

I know how to use it!
i only want to know your company state!
Did you use it ? & which spc chart?& Your company experience!

Top Bottom