Which Wiki Software is ISO9001 Compliant (Document Control)

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
Admin
Re: I need to know for sure which wikis are iso9001 compliant

I'm not sure what you're asking. Do you mean what companies that 'code' and sell wiki software are ISO 9001 compliant?

H

hunterp

Re: I need to know which wikis are ISO9001 compliant

That may be interesting. Id also be interested in knowing if mediawiki (wikipedia) or any of the popular wikis are iso9001 compliant and what it takes to make them compliant.

Randy

Super Moderator

That may be interesting. Id also be interested in knowing if mediawiki (wikipedia) or any of the popular wikis are iso9001 compliant and what it takes to make them compliant.

Why don't you start off by telling us about your needs?

H

hunterp

We're currently not doing iso9001, but it would be nice if I could as I would rather use a wiki for our documentation as it offers seamless versioning,rolling back, and global conflict resolution compared with subversion and open office. Also a wiki offers search which my current doc "system" doesnt. And it offers much better inter-document linking.

Scott Catron

True Artisan
Super Moderator

I'm not sure it matters if a wiki is ISO9001 compliant - it will depend on how you use it in your system.

Maybe the question should be - does anyone use a wiki for their document control system?

aside: I sort of had the same thought earlier today - someone change a specification - it's an MS Word document - and I thought "If this were a wiki, we'd be able to tell who changed it." We have no way of knowing who made the change or why.

Randy

Super Moderator

We're currently not doing iso9001, but it would be nice if I could as I would rather use a wiki for our documentation as it offers seamless versioning,rolling back, and global conflict resolution compared with subversion and open office. Also a wiki offers search which my current doc "system" doesnt. And it offers much better inter-document linking.
OK, cool.

If you can control it according what 9001 requires, yeah, sure, why not? The issue is control and availability to access.

Le Chiffre

Quite Involved in Discussions

I use a MediaWiki Wiki for just about everything... and doc control is a big part of it. It took a bit of experimentation to see what would work best but we got through a 9001 re-registration audit and a first time ISO 13485 audit with it.

The limited publishing capabilities of a Wiki means that most documents are still in Word or Excel and linked to from the Wiki. Our Wiki started as an indexing system but with the abundant use of wiki categories, it can organize information that suits just about everyone. And as already stated, everything is tracked and time-stamped and editing is controlled by users logging in.

Bottom line is don't look for an ISO-certified wiki, as there's no such thing. Look to see if you can meet your QMS requirements with it.

Al Rosen

Leader
Super Moderator

This sounds interesting. Can someone describe some more about this or where I can go to find out more?

SteelMaiden

Super Moderator
Trusted Information Resource

I agree that this sounds interesting. How do you keep unauthorized persons from editing? Permissions? I always thought that Wikis were pretty much open to everyone, but I am not very knowledgeable about them.:thanks:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
John Broomfield Design and Construction wiki Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 9
K Meeting the requirements of ISO 13485:2016 Cl. 4.1.4 within a wiki-based QMS ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
C Google Apps vs. Wiki for ISO 9001 documentation Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 30
C Identification of Document Changes in a Wiki Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 6
C How to achieve Page Ownership with a Wiki Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 2
C Document Control using Wiki - Cannot Create all Documents as Wiki Pages Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 10
Pancho WIKI: Grow Your Own for Fun and Profit Imported Legacy Blogs 2
E Wiki vs. Controlled Documents - Eliminating Conflicts Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 5
Pancho Oquma - a new QMS-on-wiki commercial offering Imported Legacy Blogs 3
Pancho What is the Point of a Wiki? The Reading Room 13
Pancho Using a wiki for Document Control The Reading Room 10
Pancho Interesting Discussion Using a Wiki to implement a Quality Management System (QMS) Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 273
kisxena FDA's view on Wiki's for users to find equipment operation procedures 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 14
Scott Catron Definition Definitions Forum and the Cove Wiki Definitions, Acronyms, Abbreviations and Interpretations Listed Alphabetically 0
Marc The Elsmar Cove Wiki Questions Discussion Thread Forum News and General Information 50
Scott Catron Elsmar Cove Quality Assurance BOK (Body of Knowledge) Wiki Forum News and General Information 82
Marc Definition Wiki vs. A Specific Forum for Acronyms, Definitions, Etc. Definitions, Acronyms, Abbreviations and Interpretations Listed Alphabetically 38
S Process Monitoring using SPC software Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 1
J Megger MIT520/2 adjustment software? Calibration and Metrology Software and Hardware 0
M Product Acceptance Software (PAS) PROCEDURE (BOEING D6-51991) AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 3
M 3D Scanner Software validation ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 7
Y Software to Manage IEC 62304 Traceability Requirement IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 3
T Software item classification and Detailed Design IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 4
T Software Unit definition - IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 3
T Software user interface - definition of hazards ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 15
T Classification Accessory Software medical device EU Medical Device Regulations 4
G Software Medical Device Classification EU Medical Device Regulations 7
D Software Validation Question ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 10
C. Tejeda Computer system validation approach for Minitab Statistical software Software Quality Assurance 7
B Can a software that receive data from a MD be classified as Class I?or is not a MD? EU Medical Device Regulations 5
A What JIRA Software workflows you use for your software lifecycle? IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 4
G Software change management Design and Development of Products and Processes 2
G IATF 7.1.5.2.1 Calibration/verification records :Program/software verification IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 7
John C. Abnet ...validation of computer software ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 14
N Free statistical software Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 7
T ISO quality system software such as MQ1 (which is what we currently use) Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 8
X Looking for 17025 auditor to perform internal audit on IT software testing laboratory ISO 17025 related Discussions 3
B ERP software validation - risk assessment vs validation scope ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 11
D Guidance for Medical records software/template ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
M MDSW Software importer distributor CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 2
B Software as a Medical Device - Language Requirements EU Medical Device Regulations 6
B Software as a NON-medical device Medical Information Technology, Medical Software and Health Informatics 23
qualprod 8.3 for software development. ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 1
S Software design document NMPA guidance and consultant China Medical Device Regulations 4
C How to place software version for SaMD product in HIBC secondary data structure (UDI-PI)? Other US Medical Device Regulations 4
L Acquiring software from 3rd party company IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 8
R Validation of Software used in Verification Testing ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
A FMEA Software IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 6
A Medical Device Software POC Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 6
C Discus Software for First Article Inspection Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 1