Search the Elsmar Cove!
**Search ALL of Elsmar.com** with DuckDuckGo including content not in the forum - Search results with No ads.

Who are ISO/IEC 17065 and 17025 applicable to?

DuncanGibbons

Involved In Discussions
Is it common for aerospace OEMs to require certification in accordance with ISO/IEC 17065 "requirements for bodies certifying products, processes and services" and ISO/IEC 17025 "TESTING AND CALIBRATION LABORATORIES" for lower-tier aerospace manufacturers, or are such certifications only applicable to the OEM themselves if required at all?

Jen Kirley

Quality and Auditing Expert
Staff member
Admin
Good day DuncanGibbons,

I am not familiar with your organization's QMS scope, but I can vouch that In Compliance Magazine describes ISO/IEC 17065 as being used for certification schemes - that is, organizations that certify as a business model. ISO/IEC 17025 has long been for organizations that supply calibration services to other organizations. I a sorry but I don't have current copies of all these standards, or I would quote them specifically.

I am not affiliated with In Compliance Magazine.

DuncanGibbons

Involved In Discussions
Thanks for the feedback, this does clear up some of my confusion surrounds such standards.

When it comes to certification of parts and products for aerospace, will ISO/IEC 17065 be required by the supplier of the part/product or can such organizations be audited by a third party company compliant to ISO/IEC 17065?

Top Bottom