Who are these guys? E-mail from ASQ concerning a contested election for President

C

Craig H.

I just recieved an email from ASQ concerning a contested election for President. The race is between:

Michael D. Nichols Candidate nominated by the Nominating Committee
Daniel E. Sniezek Candidate by Petition

Can anyone give me any idea what each of these guys plan to do?

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
V

vanputten

Don't know

Hello Craig:

I don't know who those two people are. Nor did I know there was even an election. Curious that you recieved the e mail from the ASQ but I did not. I wonder how the ASQ is distributing such information?

Regards,

Dirk

Steve Prevette

Deming Disciple
Staff member
Super Moderator
We are supposed to get a one page statement from each with the election ballot. ASQ has a bunch of rules that prevent any "campaigning" to be performed.

I have met Dan, he's a great guy and has made a good connection with those of us (The Gang of Four for example) that have been on the outside of ASQ knocking on the door to get in.

The past year has been good with ASQ, there has been a new openness under Jerry Maraini. Personally, I think it would be good to bring in an "outsider" to run ASQ rather than the single-party system of nominating only one person to run for each office that has been practiced for the last 20 years at least.

One deciding factor for me is the ASQ pick is a Six Sigma person, and Dan is not.

For the ASQ members, here is a link to their bios.

http://www.asq.org/members/leadership/elections/2006-07-election-bios.html

R

RosieA

If you follow the directions in the email, you'll find directions to profiles on each of the candidates. According to society rules, no one in ASQ leadership positions is allowed to campaign for a candidate, and I'm sure that BOTH candidates are qualified.

I do know Dan Sneizek, who is the Regional Director of Region 2, where I am a section chair. I am not campaigning for Dan, but will say that he has provided excellent leadership and local support for the last 4 years. You can read about his other accomplishments and qualifications in the profile.

In my personal opinion, this election is very much about the future direction of ASQ. It's no secret that the ASQ local sections have been very unhappy with the direction of the Board over the past several years.

Whomever you decide to vote for, please VOTE. We haven't had a choice for 20 years. Dirk, I'm sure with the volume of email that is going out on the proxy vote, that the emails will take most of the day to reach all the membership, so if you haven't received the letter, I'm sure you will.

Last edited by a moderator:
V

vanputten

Got it.

Hello Rosie:

I just got my election proxy. I jumped the gun.

I was going to post a link to the candidate bios but Steve beat me to it.

Regards,

Dirk

R

ralphsulser

Glad to see some input here. I just got my notification too. I read both biographies, and was hoping for some "Cove" comments before I decidied my vote.
Thanks Steve and Rosie for your comments

K

Kevin H

Received my notice a little bit ago. Glad to hear some discussion of the candidates here on the Cove. It would be nice if ASQ national became a little more customer oriented.

R

RosieA

I agree that more openness is needed.

I give Dan a lot of credit. He stormed the bastions to get on the ballot, and give us the opportunity to have a choice instead of being handed a result.

Statistical Steven

Statistician
Staff member
Super Moderator
It comes down to the difference between a regional based society (sections) and industry based society (divisions). ASQ is struggling with the model that will meet its members needs.

Not sure the President matters, as much as it matters that members voice their concerns to the BoD.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C Design Transfer - How do you guys control the design transfer process? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 5
J Gals and Guys on the Forum - What say about this? Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 24
B Can you guys help me figure out formatting a 510K Other US Medical Device Regulations 11
S It was a great year...Thank you guys! Nadcap certs: PT/RT/Chemical/HT/Welding Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 3
Wes Bucey Agencies and Agents - good guys or bad guys? Career and Occupation Discussions 9
G Part family concept in Process FMEA - Thank You Guys! FMEA and Control Plans 2
B Need some help from you guys... Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 1
C Thanks for the help guys ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
T Stealth Quality versus No Quality - What are you guys talking about? Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 34
Z 4.10.4 Final Inspection and Testing - Wondering what kind of methods you guys use Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 1
D SPC training games - Basic training for manufacturing shop-floor guys and engineers Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 13
Marc When did you first use what we call E-Mail (aka email) today? Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 17
Claes Gefvenberg I got a not so lame phishing mail... Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 9
Marc London?s abandoned underground ?Mail Rail? Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 4
R LinkedIn Customers Allege Company Hacked E-Mail Addresses After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 0
Wes Bucey Smile! Your mail is on camera! Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 11
H Follow up mail for the submitted resignation, reminder mail of submitted resignation Career and Occupation Discussions 4
Marc Report: Facebook e-mail switch changed address books After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 2
Stijloor Importing Address Books (Thunderbird and Outlook Express) into Windows Live Mail After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 3
C Contaminated Sharp Medical Devices received by mail - Biohazard? Other Medical Device and Orthopedic Related Topics 2
P Rules on E-mail.....Any suggestions? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 34
D Cheats on the mail....beware of them !! Imported Legacy Blogs 2
BradM Getting Yahoo e-mail with no ads After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 18
Marc Is anyone using Gmail (Google Mail) to filter spam? After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 21
R New virus alert info - E-mail package - Backdoor.Haxdoor.O After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 6
A Document validation / authority - E-mail based approval system - Ideally MS Outlook ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
W Is anybody using Google mail? After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 4
Marc 'MyDoom' (Novarg) E-mail Virus - 2004-01-27 After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 9
Marc 19 August 2003 - New Microsoft E-Mail Virus - W32/Sobig.F-mm After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 78
E E-mail Abuse Dismissals - Employees fired for e-mail infractions After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 6
Q Records: Electronic E-mail Retention Requirements Records and Data - Quality, Legal and Other Evidence 2
D Over-Worked Instruction - Quality Technician for a direct mail printing company ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
Marc Happy 30th Birthday to E-Mail! After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 1
A Document Control: Controlling Electronic Email (E-mail) Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 7
Marc A Summary of Internet Smilies and E-Mail Emoticons After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 15
Marc New ISO9000 E-Mail ListServe ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 0
G Medical Device Auditor (CMDA) certification exam by ASQ - looking for input Career and Occupation Discussions 1
V Certified Auditor - Need of additional certification specific to industry ( GMPs) ASQ vs ECA vs others Professional Certifications and Degrees 1
O ASQ CQE Exam Experience, Home versus Exam Center ASQ - American Society for Quality 0
R ANSI/ASQ Z1.4. for CQE Exam Professional Certifications and Degrees 9
Y ASQ CQE and CSSGB; What next? Career and Occupation Discussions 1
L ASQ's Biomedical Auditor Course Test ASQ - American Society for Quality 1
S Is using ANSI/ASQ Z1.4-2008 the correct sampling plan to determine Pass/Fail of Apparel measurements? AQL - Acceptable Quality Level 4
E Preparing for the ASQ CPGP (GMP professional exam), how to revise and remember the vast syllabus? ASQ - American Society for Quality 2
T ASQ CQE vs CMQ/OE Professional Certifications and Degrees 2
Sidney Vianna Continual decline of ASQ - can it be saved? Nov 2019 ASQ - American Society for Quality 20
L ASQ CBA biomedical auditor - CBA primer material is enough to study? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
J Getting training either from ASQ or from SAI Global - ISO 9001 Lead Auditor training Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 1
P ASQ Certified Biomedical Auditor (CBA) Certification Preparation 2019 ASQ - American Society for Quality 3
R ASQ reference material clarification - Spiral bound materials allowed in ASQ Exam? Professional Certifications and Degrees 1