Who can sit in/perform an API audit?

FEUCHT

Starting to get Involved
Hello,

The question that i have is during the api audit, who is allowed to perform audit with the api auditor. I am currently the QC manager but i also take care of all API & ISO materials here at the company. I have been training another QC inspector on API and ISO and was wondering if he would be able to do the audit with the API auditor by himself.(He has already sat in on 2 other audits we had but he just observed). Thanks in advance.

jmech

Trusted Information Resource
By "do the audit with the API auditor", I'm guessing that you're referring to guiding/accompanying the auditor during the audit.

The only official restriction on this that I'm aware of is that it can't be an external consultant (which is not relevant to the scenario you are asking about). See Advisory 3 at the below link:
API Monogram & APIQR: Advisories & Updates
https://www.api.org/~/media/Files/C...-3_API_Management-Representative_20160413.pdf

It is common for the QC Manager / Management Representative to guide the API auditor during the audit, but there shouldn't be a problem having your QC inspector do it as long as he is capable.

FEUCHT

Starting to get Involved
correct JMECH, guiding/accompanying the auditor during the audit. Appreciate the response and advisory reference.

Top Bottom