Who does most of your inspection - QC or Production

How is Inspection Handled in Your Company

• Production does it - Quality just reviews and Audits Production

Votes: 14 23.3%
  • Production Does most - Quality helps with tough stuff and PPAP's

Votes: 17 28.3%
  • Production does some - Quality does most Inspections

Votes: 24 40.0%
  • I'm not even sure production knows how to measure!!

Votes: 5 8.3%

• Total voters
Q

QualityNo1

In our company (we make filtration systems) Production are responsible for production quality issues and also product quality. We do have a QCI in the factory to assist in resolving some of the 'fine line' issues where required.
Quality carry out goods inwards inspection only on the more complex components and final inspection, with production, on ready to go products.

Caster

An Early Cover
Trusted Information Resource
Was going to say the same thing. Quality Control/Quality Assurance aren't even a part of the vocabulary. We do a lot of checking and inspecting but that is 100% a "everybody in production" responsibility.

Sounds like Deming would approve - are you hiring?

D

ducsuong

In my factories, the production operators do most of our inspection in all of processes. QC only check or test some input materials and final products

W

Willem

In our company each artisan/operator must check his own work. Once all parts are manufactured it will go to the in-line inspector for final inspection before it goes thru to assembly and teting. Our manual says that each artisan is responsible for his work done and after the parts are manufactured he needs to sign of the "Work In Progress" Job Card. By signing of the WIP he agrees that the parts as checked with calibrated instruments. :magic:

Q

qualitytrec

I am not sure production knows how to measure agood part vs bad part. But I have been throwing a major hissy fit for about 6 months and the managers are starting to agree that their people should own quality. Now we have to train and better define what quality is for our product.

Mark Smith

J

Jim ODonnell

Operator with Team Leader verification.

Tool Change = QC Team = First Piece Approval

P

Pazuzu - 2009

At our facility, if:
  • the parts are repeat and common then production is responsible.
  • the part is brand new then production inspects through the process and QA (me) will perform a FAIR on the final part.
  • the part is extremely complex then production has stage gates in which a specified team is called to the floor to ensure everything is as expected before moving to the next process.

U

unclemook

Hi Willem, Pretty much is what we do as well, We get ownership of the quality of their work when they sign off on the job workorder traveler. We use a final test dept to validate the requirements. You say "artisan" what is the work that they do? I ask 'cause we have a glass shop that employ's glass blowers. This to is what we call artisans[
:bigwave: mikey
QUOTE=Willem;215833]In our company each artisan/operator must check his own work. Once all parts are manufactured it will go to the in-line inspector for final inspection before it goes thru to assembly and teting. Our manual says that each artisan is responsible for his work done and after the parts are manufactured he needs to sign of the "Work In Progress" Job Card. By signing of the WIP he agrees that the parts as checked with calibrated instruments. :magic:[/QUOTE]

W

Willem

You say "artisan" what is the work that they do? I ask 'cause we have a glass shop that employ's glass blowers. This to is what we call artisans:
[/QUOTE]
In our case it is a person that is a qualified fitter & turner. On our side they work on a conventional lathe, boring mill etc and turn parts from raw material.

Regards:cool:

Top Bottom