Who has had a Transition Audit from TS 16949 to IATF 16949

KyleB

Quality Engineer
We will be having our transition audit on Oct. 9-11, I will post how it went & what we learned. The communication between us & the auditor for pre-audit info & documents has gone smoothly. :cfingers:

Scanton

Wearer of many hats
I have submitted all of my documentation and that review will take place tomorrow. The 3 day audit will be from the 10th to the 12th October, so I will let you know how we got on after that.

I work at a company that has been very successful plastic injection molding, painting, and chrome plating for 30 years. They never attempted to be certified to any standard until now. I started here in January and have already successfully completed Stage 1 and Stage 2 audits at all 5 of our plants. There were good systems in place already, so I only had to make some procedures, do some training, internal audits, and management review. The audits were not too much different than the TS audits. Had some minor NC's that have been closed out. They were typical minor issues.

One thing that was different for me was the requirement for gage studies for all inspection, measurement, and test equipment called out in control plans. We ended up performing many assessor agreement analysis, for example on plating thickness, and thermal cycling testing - interpretations.

It also helped that I was familiar with our auditor. She was very thorough but fair.

KyleB

Quality Engineer
Well we just had our 3 day IATF transition audit with one auditor. 5 minors. No findings in the manufacturing area, only in the system & how we describe what we are doing. 6.2.2.1,6.1.2.3, 4.4.1.2, 7.5.1.1, 8.4.2.3

Pretty pleased overall. Really glad to have this behind us.

Well we just had our 3 day IATF transition audit with one auditor. 5 minors. No findings in the manufacturing area, only in the system & how we describe what we are doing. 6.2.2.1,6.1.2.3, 4.4.1.2, 7.5.1.1, 8.4.2.3

Pretty pleased overall. Really glad to have this behind us.
Not a lot of substantive meat in those findings it seems. Hopefully not to much to "fix."

We already got our IATF transition audit. 4 audit days, 1 DQS auditor. It was a lot of stress because every question can be answered in different way. 16 minor non conformities, no majors. One key that helped us was to have any evidence for each auditor question, it is better to have something that have nothing. We went thru paragraph by paragraph. Well, we are so happy to achieve this, now it is to time to keep the system running. :bigwave:

Scanton

Wearer of many hats
Well we have completed our 3 day transition audit and came out with zero majors and three minors, are all easily rectified.
The minors were:

9.2.2.2 Quality Management System Audit: Although we had a well-defined CSR Matrix (thanks for the template) our audits had no record of us reviewing our CRS’s during the internal audits.

7.1.5.2.1 Calibration/Verification Records: There was a single attribute gauge out of calibration. It was a gauge dedicated to a specific job. It was a job that runs once in a blue moon and the machine had been changed over to it during the first day of the audit, and the machine setter had pulled the gauge out of storage to run the job.

7.5.1.1 Quality Management System Documentation: We had an operating procedure that didn’t require wholesale updating (like most of the others) as it was still relevant, and we were still doing everything described within it, however it did contain a single reference to TS16949 that we missed.

Like most minor nonconformities, they are silly and avoidable things that really shouldn't happen however they are not the end of the world, and will allow us to close them out quickly and transition to the new standard without a break between TS and IATF.

Well we have completed our 3 day transition audit and came out with zero majors and three minors, are all easily rectified.
The minors were:

9.2.2.2 Quality Management System Audit: Although we had a well-defined CSR Matrix (thanks for the template) our audits had no record of us reviewing our CRS’s during the internal audits.

7.1.5.2.1 Calibration/Verification Records: There was a single attribute gauge out of calibration. It was a gauge dedicated to a specific job. It was a job that runs once in a blue moon and the machine had been changed over to it during the first day of the audit, and the machine setter had pulled the gauge out of storage to run the job.

7.5.1.1 Quality Management System Documentation: We had an operating procedure that didn’t require wholesale updating (like most of the others) as it was still relevant, and we were still doing everything described within it, however it did contain a single reference to TS16949 that we missed.

Like most minor nonconformities, they are silly and avoidable things that really shouldn't happen however they are not the end of the world, and will allow us to close them out quickly and transition to the new standard without a break between TS and IATF.
Seriously? The auditor wrote you an NC for THIS?

howste

Thaumaturge
Super Moderator
I agree with Andy. This is a nit that could have been mentioned in passing then dropped.

Top Bottom