Who has had a Transition Audit from TS 16949 to IATF 16949

Interesting point regarding the lack of importance being given to PFMEA. It happened so in my company as well. Most of our PFMEAs are also made for PPAPs and most likely in the last few weeks leading to an audit.

I am sure that there are many companies which give importance to PFMEA and follow APQP processes, but we just need to find some way in which a company cannot work around these things and get the most out of the system. Like our Director says, QMS should not be seen as a compliance tool. It should be made one of the most important contributors towards company revenue and growth.

A good system in place can definitely help that.
At a key note address made by the Global Head of Quality for a certain large car/truck maker, he exhorted the audience to do a better job with their FMEAs! At the same event, the question was asked "when will the OEs stop auditing suppliers?". Answer? When the CB auditors findings are aligned with what's important to the OEs...

Congratulations, question on the MSA NC, is the hardness test identified in the control plan? If so, it does require an MSA study.
Yes, it is and it's so obvious, but some how I missed it and everyone else for 10 years of exsistance of company. ^_^

Thanks by the way!

mihir.bajekal

Starting to get Involved
At a key note address made by the Global Head of Quality for a certain large car/truck maker, he exhorted the audience to do a better job with their FMEAs! At the same event, the question was asked "when will the OEs stop auditing suppliers?". Answer? When the CB auditors findings are aligned with what's important to the OEs...
Is this possible? Most of the CB auditors we've had are not that technically strong in the field of business that we are and I find it tough that their findings will ever align with the OEE's requirements. Partly also because different OEEs have different requirement. I am saying this because my company supplies to all possible automotive OEEs in India.

We have a flurry of audits before the end of each financial year and it is tricky trying to manage each one.

skybertus

Starting to get Involved
Hello guys! I'am a newbie MR and scheduled to have our transition audit on May.
Can anyone help me about warranty mgt process? is PSW not enough?

amiuda

Involved In Discussions
It may depends on your Customer, for instance for german OEM like BMW and VW se haverá to follow FFA -- Field Faillure Analysis vda guideline.
Is also important to know if Customer has its own Standard.
You can create your local procedure based on those referenced inputs.
Hope this helps.

For warranty management system:
If warranty is applicable to you, then whenever a customer claims for warranty, you should do analysis of the part on where the problem has occurred. If the part doesn't have any problem, you can call it as NTF (No Trouble Found), and you may not need to provide warranty for that part.

For MSA of hardness testing:
I would like to know first, for which purpose you do hardness test. Is it for production part or incoming part?

I had difficulty with this myself we hardness test our product before the part is dispatched. We tried two methods:-
1) we used gage R+R using the part
2) we used gage R+R using our calibrating blocks with a set hardness

However both results only gave conditional releases.

If anyone else has more experience with this i'd appreciate the help.

gagegirl2016

Starting to get Involved
We have had our audit in January as well. We had no majors and two minors, one of which was for a lab scope. You're pretty spot on with your comments and we are identifying deficiencies for future audits. However, we are now struggling with the MSA portion in preparation for our next re-cert audit (manpower, time, etc.) to perform studies as they should be. Anyone have any comments on how they are maintaining MSA studies for their control plan inspection methods?

Top Bottom