Who has had a Transition Audit from TS 16949 to IATF 16949

LUV-d-4UM

Quite Involved in Discussions
:applause:
Well we just had our 3 day IATF transition audit with one auditor. 5 minors. No findings in the manufacturing area, only in the system & how we describe what we are doing. 6.2.2.1,6.1.2.3, 4.4.1.2, 7.5.1.1, 8.4.2.3

Pretty pleased overall. Really glad to have this behind us.
Congrats and thank you for sharing.:applause:

J

Joe.cmspin

A couple comments:
Mandatory requirement is that all internal audits including all shifts for manufacturing must be completed and presented at management review. Auditor competency to audit to the IATF standard must be shown.

We took the 5 day ISO transition class and used consultants who had been through the CB IATF class to critique FMEA’s, GAP analysis, internal audits, teach classes and do walkthrough’s to keep us pointed in the right direction.
We had a 6 month project timeline that was used to make sure we did not leave anything out.

IATF has mandated that there is no transition audit, remember that as soon as you start the IATF audit, your TS16949 certificate is no longer valid- Any majors have to be cleared within 90 days, and so don’t wait until the last minute. Those who sit for the audit in spring and summer may find that there is a shortage of auditors and time slots that you might prefer and you will be up against the deadline for certification to IATF 16949.

A few examples of new clauses covered: facility security and IT program security, backup procedures (both data and equipment). Several people from top management to maintenance were asked about goals and site objectives and how they are tracked and managed, especially if not reached. They wanted to see evidence that we had training in code of conduct/ ethics. Went over the context document in detail, especially how you determine and track what interested parties need. Wanted evidence that how we insure compliance of our outsourced providers to legal and regulatory requirements. Also on Outsources processes, how do you know what risks to audit at that site? Looked for competence records for several employees to be sure they were current and signed by supervisor/management. Also asked more questions of top management than at prior TS audits
How large of a company are you talking about here?

T

Tschaby

Hi Everybody!

I'm stepping out of read only.
I'm working for a small injection moulding company in Europe.
We supply half of our products to automotive. (cca150million parts/year)
Last week we had the transition audit.
4,5 mandays, with two auditors. As I am always on the lucky:sarcasm: side one of our auditors was witnessed, and the witness auditor had a translator. So 4 auditors on our "new" system. YEAH!:agree1:

:thanx:
Now I have to thank you for all the IATF related threads, as I used many information from here to get the result. PASSED with 7 minors. 2 of them related to transition, the other 5 are stupid administration mistakes.

I used many sources to get prepared, but most of the solutions that helped me to pass were advised here.
So thanks again.
Now its :popcorn::D
Tschaby

LUV-d-4UM

Quite Involved in Discussions
Hi Everybody!

4,5 mandays, with two auditors. As I am always on the lucky:sarcasm: side one of our auditors was witnessed, and the witness auditor had a translator. So 4 auditors on our "new" system. YEAH!:agree1:

Now I have to thank you for all the IATF related threads, as I used many information from here to get the result. PASSED with 7 minors. 2 of them related to transition, the other 5 are stupid administration mistakes.

I used many sources to get prepared, but most of the solutions that helped me to pass were advised here.
So thanks again.
Tschaby

Congratulations !!! Isn't Elsmar Cove and amazing resource?:applause:

Golfman25

Trusted Information Resource
Hi Everybody!

So thanks again.
Tschaby
What are stupid administrative mistakes? You'll still have to do full root cause and 8D, and if it happens again you're toast - a major against corrective action.

Dave Cx

Involved In Discussions
Today we passed our transition audit which was 3 man days we are a small company now up to 24 people (at our last audit there were 19 of us). Our present TS cert expires in January 18 so we were due to re-certify regardless however if we didn't pass it would leave us with a challenging situation of no certification, being as its IATF the audit was an unknown quantity.

I took this as the opportunity to remove the consultant written management system which was heavy on words light on content with a management system we all own.

I haven't had the list of findings yet so cannot reference the clause, but all we're minor:-

1. Internal transition audit it didn't reference customer specific requirements in the scope.
2. Internal audit scope / criteria not definitive.
3. Internal audit schedule referenced TS clauses not our processes (yes I carried the old 1 over).
4. No current evidence of raising poor logistics performance with concern suppliers, no supplier development plan regarding them transitioning from 9001 to IATF or specific requirements upon suppliers (who remain as 9001)
5. Contingency plans do not reference customer notification of failure to supply.
6. PFMEA incorrectly scored.
Dave

Top Bottom