Who is compliant to the new subcontractor development guidelines?

Are you ready for the new subcontractor development requirements?

• Yes without a doubt.

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • No - probably never will be.

• No - close but no cigar.

• NA to me, but I want to see the Poll results.

• Total voters
A

Angela-2007

Who is compliant to the new subcontractor development guidelines

Just out of curiosity, who feels that they are compliant to the new requirements for subcontractor development? If you feel you are not complaint, then why?

Angela

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
A

Andrews

We are not compliant because we have not got a waiver from our customers for conducting second party audits on behalf of customer. For your information we are Tier 1 to some customers. or Tier 2 suppliers to some customers

A

Angela-2007

You do realize that you only need authorization from your customer who prescribe to QS?

Angela

M

mboteo

new subcontractor development requirements ???

Are there NEW subcontractor development requirements. What were the old ones. Where can I find this back?

We are a Tier 2 supplier.

Do we need our vendors/subcontractors to be QS or TS certified. For metrology do we need to have metrology houses to be IS 17025 certified, or is this all optional?

S.

R

Randy Stewart

We are now!

After discussing the situation with Russ Hopkins and Bob Klien, we came to an understanding about directed suppliers. We are now in compliance in the production area.
Now, add in the new Ford Minority Supplier requirements and we go back to square 1.:bonk:

S
C9 supplier Development

We are currently about 98 % there. Sounds good but it actually maeans 95% were already registered 3% have been pushed in because of the interpretation and 2% still have no plans to comply, ever.

As you can see I am down to the impossible part with AH !!! maybe a way out. :D

Q1. If I am QS and my customer is ISO can I use a subcontractor that is niether.
>> Common sense tells me I can since my customer does not care and certainly is not interested in doing an assesment.
>> on the other hand am I obligated to meet the requirement because I am QS.

Q2. Has anyone been through and audit with this one and come out alive at the other end!!!!

:confused: why did they throw this one in.

S
C9 Supplier Development

P.S

What is this about a waiver? AH!! Is this yet another way out. Please explain if you have presented this in an audit with success. What did you present as a waiver?

Yes, I am getting desperate (between a rock and a hard place, so they say). Please help me out if you can.

Thanks so much for being in the same boat.

S
C9 Supplier Development

P.S

What is this about a waiver? AH!! Is this yet another way out. Please explain if you have presented this in an audit with success. What did you present as a waiver?

Yes, I am getting desperate (between a rock and a hard place, so they say). Please help me out if you can.

Thanks so much for being in the same boat.

T

tomvehoski

A waiver from your customer is acceptable. The biggest problem will be getting your customer to actually sign it. I believe any format would be acceptable - just make sure it is clear who authorized it at your customer.

There is guidance for the registrar on how to handle a finding of a non-certified subcontractor (without a waiver). The info is in other threads here and at www.iaob.org.

Basically it would be a minor nonconformance. If you are having quality problems at the customer (i.e. containment) it becomes a major. Interesting thing is that the non-certfied supplier and quality problem at the customer can be completly unrelated, but it still is supposed to be a major.

I think much will come down to your auditor and registrar. If it is a minor supplier and not causing problems, most auditors I have worked with will look the other way. A few will write up anything they can find.

Tom

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S HIPAA-compliant monitoring software (advice needed) Hospitals, Clinics & other Health Care Providers 0
B FDA-Medical Device Reporting (MDR )procedure compliant with 21CFR section 803 US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 0
L "IATF-Compliant" IATF 16949:2016 certification? What does this mean? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 13
vickyva Checklist for Clinical Investigation compliant to EU-MDR EU Medical Device Regulations 4
Nicole Desouza The Difference of being AS 9100D Compliant vs.Certified AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 13
B Measuring and monitoring equipment - Understanding which procedures to be compliant with ISO 13485 ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
Nicole Desouza Who has to be compliant with REACH Declarations? REACH and RoHS Conversations 11
M Informational From RAPS – 27% Will be Compliant? Survey Highlights Lack of Readiness for EU MDR Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
M Scrubbed version of a labeling procedure that is MDR compliant wanted EU Medical Device Regulations 3
S Is Adobe Sign - E-signature for QMS documents - 21 cfr part 11 compliant? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
M Suggestions for Electronic Signature Software (FDA 21 CFR Part 11 Compliant) Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 12
H Do all animal studies have to be GLP compliant? EU Medical Device Regulations 1
M Producing IATF 16949 compliant calibration certificates IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 24
A Alternative to keeping hard copy records that is 21 CFR part 11 compliant Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 0
T Is there any requirement to be compliant with IEC 62304 while implementing ISO 13485 ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
J Adding a UDI Compliant Label to previously manufactured devices 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 0
D API 5CT Compliant Quality Plan for Manufacturing Manufacturing and Related Processes 0
V 21 CFR 820 Compliant way to use Kaizen to address Nonconformances Nonconformance and Corrective Action 9
F Regulatory Compliant Quality Management System - Bare Minimum EU Medical Device Regulations 2
G Migrating to an ISO 13485:2016 Compliant Document Control System ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
M ISO 9001:2015 Compliant Recruitment Flow Chart Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 6
K 21 CFR Part 11 (and EU) compliant Digital Signatures on a Production Line Other US Medical Device Regulations 5
J Can a Surge test fail to a test level and still considered as Compliant? IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 3
D Need advice in streamlining antiquated 21 CFR 820 compliant QMS Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 2
G API Q1 compliant Service Procedure example wanted Oil and Gas Industry Standards and Regulations 1
P Sample FDA compliant CAPA procedure wanted Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 2
B New to Metrology and told to complete Gage R&R with AIAG compliant software Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 16
D Will A Few Failed Solder Joints Make Me RoHS Non Compliant? RoHS, REACH, ELV, IMDS and Restricted Substances 9
R How do I conduct my API Q1, ISO compliant internal audits? Internal Auditing 1
P Must all parts of a product be RoHS compliant? EU Medical Device Regulations 5
A Is Risk Management Process compliant to ISO 14971 in absence of Hazardous Situations? ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 5
E ISO 17025 Compliant Laboratory Layout ISO 17025 related Discussions 3
K Simple ISO 9001 Compliant Document Control Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 24
M How to validate a system to make it compliant with 21 CFR Part 11 Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 2
T From nothing to ISO 9001 compliant in 10 weeks ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 16
M Finding a hardware supplier/distributor compliant with RoHS RoHS, REACH, ELV, IMDS and Restricted Substances 1
S Identifying gaps over ISO 13485 to be compliant to MDD 93/42/EEC requirements EU Medical Device Regulations 5
J FDA Compliant Quality System for Virtual Manufacturing (IVD Medical Device)? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 2
A Requirements for Software to be CE Mark Compliant - IEC 62304 Medical Device Software IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 14
A RoHS Compliant Component = Re-Qualified for Lead-Free Soldering? RoHS, REACH, ELV, IMDS and Restricted Substances 3
S Compliance and Certificate requirements for FDA Compliant Wheelchair Factory 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 5
N Requirements for PCB Component Replacements in an IEC 60601-1 Compliant Device IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 9
Brizilla Is 303 SS (sus 303) Reach Compliant? RoHS, REACH, ELV, IMDS and Restricted Substances 4
H Is this training records signature app FDA compliant? US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 10
M Part 11 Compliant Digital Signature Requirements - Sharepoint Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 1
S Suppliers of ISO 10993 compliant Material for Skin Contact Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 3
M Definition Toxics in Packaging Clearinghouse (TPCH) Compliant Packing Material Definitions, Acronyms, Abbreviations and Interpretations Listed Alphabetically 3
M California Proposition 65 Compliant (no more than 600 ppm touch area) IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 5
L Time Required to Implement ISO 27001 if ISO 9001 certified & SOX compliant? IEC 27001 - Information Security Management Systems (ISMS) 3
T TS 16949 compliant Change Control Management Process IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3