Who is compliant to the new subcontractor development guidelines?

Are you ready for the new subcontractor development requirements?

• Yes without a doubt.

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • No - probably never will be.

• No - close but no cigar.

• NA to me, but I want to see the Poll results.

• Total voters
A

Angela-2007

Who is compliant to the new subcontractor development guidelines

Just out of curiosity, who feels that they are compliant to the new requirements for subcontractor development? If you feel you are not complaint, then why?

Angela

A

Andrews

We are not compliant because we have not got a waiver from our customers for conducting second party audits on behalf of customer. For your information we are Tier 1 to some customers. or Tier 2 suppliers to some customers

A

Angela-2007

You do realize that you only need authorization from your customer who prescribe to QS?

Angela

M

mboteo

new subcontractor development requirements ???

Are there NEW subcontractor development requirements. What were the old ones. Where can I find this back?

We are a Tier 2 supplier.

Do we need our vendors/subcontractors to be QS or TS certified. For metrology do we need to have metrology houses to be IS 17025 certified, or is this all optional?

S.

R

Randy Stewart

We are now!

After discussing the situation with Russ Hopkins and Bob Klien, we came to an understanding about directed suppliers. We are now in compliance in the production area.
Now, add in the new Ford Minority Supplier requirements and we go back to square 1.:bonk:

S

SMcD

C9 supplier Development

We are currently about 98 % there. Sounds good but it actually maeans 95% were already registered 3% have been pushed in because of the interpretation and 2% still have no plans to comply, ever.

As you can see I am down to the impossible part with AH !!! maybe a way out. :D

Q1. If I am QS and my customer is ISO can I use a subcontractor that is niether.
>> Common sense tells me I can since my customer does not care and certainly is not interested in doing an assesment.
>> on the other hand am I obligated to meet the requirement because I am QS.

Q2. Has anyone been through and audit with this one and come out alive at the other end!!!!

:confused: why did they throw this one in.

S

SMcD

C9 Supplier Development

P.S

What is this about a waiver? AH!! Is this yet another way out. Please explain if you have presented this in an audit with success. What did you present as a waiver?

Yes, I am getting desperate (between a rock and a hard place, so they say). Please help me out if you can.

Thanks so much for being in the same boat.

S

SMcD

C9 Supplier Development

P.S

What is this about a waiver? AH!! Is this yet another way out. Please explain if you have presented this in an audit with success. What did you present as a waiver?

Yes, I am getting desperate (between a rock and a hard place, so they say). Please help me out if you can.

Thanks so much for being in the same boat.

T

tomvehoski

A waiver from your customer is acceptable. The biggest problem will be getting your customer to actually sign it. I believe any format would be acceptable - just make sure it is clear who authorized it at your customer.

There is guidance for the registrar on how to handle a finding of a non-certified subcontractor (without a waiver). The info is in other threads here and at www.iaob.org.

Basically it would be a minor nonconformance. If you are having quality problems at the customer (i.e. containment) it becomes a major. Interesting thing is that the non-certfied supplier and quality problem at the customer can be completly unrelated, but it still is supposed to be a major.

I think much will come down to your auditor and registrar. If it is a minor supplier and not causing problems, most auditors I have worked with will look the other way. A few will write up anything they can find.

Tom

Top Bottom