Who is doing an integrated PLM (Product Lifecycle Management) system?

Are you working on a PLM (Product Lifecycle Management) system?

• Yes

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
D

DocConPolice

I currently work for a company that has been working and implementing an integrated plm system. I am currious as to who else have been also working on a similar project and how has it been going so far. Maybe we can share some lessons learned.

This last weekend I stumbled across a blog called http://plmintegration.blogspot.com/

This blog is starting up and letting people know what has been going on and what their current configuration is.

H

HotRog

The Tier 1 automotive supplier I work for is in the process of implementing a global PLM. Teams have been formed and off site brainstorming and information gathering has occurred with the PLM company. I am not working directly on the system, but activities have been ongoing....just not filtered down to us yet.
My previous company was implementing a PLM 7 years ago, it is a huge task, and I do not know if they were successful.

D

DocConPolice

What is your role with your company? Would you be able to tell me what PLM software they are going with? We are using Teamcenter and Oracle together and things are going very slowly, but we are still making progress.

Our configurations are almost identical to the blog that I shared earlier. I am in the process of trying to get a hold of the author and see if I can get another resource to share war stories of their implementation.

plmintegration.blogspot.com

I am trying to get together an audience that could talk more about their war stories through the Product Lifecycle Management implementation. I am interested to find out if other companies have been going through the same things we are. If they are, then that will help us with pushing back to our managers to show them that other companies are experiencing the same things we are.

Hi,

In Philips Electronics we follow "EcoDesign" which takes care of the product life cycle issues. For some information on this I would like you to see our annual sustainability report 2005 at http://www.philips.com/about/sustainability/Index.html. Hope this gives you some information on how life-cylce impacts can be reduced by using simple green focal areas while designing the product.

With best regards,

Ramakrishnan

al40

Quite Involved in Discussions
I currently work for a company that has been working and implementing an integrated plm system. I am currious as to who else have been also working on a similar project and how has it been going so far. Maybe we can share some lessons learned.

This last weekend I stumbled across a blog called http://plmintegration.blogspot.com/

This blog is starting up and letting people know what has been going on and what their current configuration is.

My company works with Agile and its great, it allows total control from design to configuration management.

You can check them out at http://www.agile.com/plm/index.asp.

al40

R

Raquel

We are working with a propietary software that is being developed by our IT department, the software is very simple but what we are doing is definying a serie of Checklist with the requirements of each stage which contains the kind of work that must be done in order to manage the lifecycle of our products.

Each Item on the checklist specifies if the work required to meet the item must be a task or a deliverable and the approvals and approvers required for each item.

We started working on it during october last year and it has been very helpful since each person has its own password and each project has a tem defined. The team includes Marketing, Design, Fabrication, Production, Product, Operations and Process Engineering and the managers and directors. So at the end of each stage the tasks and deliverables must be reviewed by someone else which permits verify that the correct information and tasks were done and since there is a person responsible for each stage which must be pushing the project in order to reduce its cycle time the project goes faster than before.:applause:

The metrics for each stage (cycle time, slippage, costs) are followed on the system and must be presented to the management on a monthly base.

I hope this helps!!!

Top Bottom