Who is Responsible for Training? Training Responsibility / Responsibilities

M

MADHAVAN

is it a must that we should have a HRD function to take care of the training requirements.
an "NCR' on this perhaps was raised by the Auditor keeping i nview of the proposed Revision (iso9000:2000)
we have a Personnel & administration Manager who is made responsible for all training activities.
comments please.

W

waberens

Does your Personnel\Admin. Manager also indentify the training needs for all processes? I am not familiar enough with the proposed revisions to say for sure, but it sounds aweful prescriptive for them to say HR is responsible for all aspects of training. It would make sense that they might be, but your procedures should indentify them as such. You should just need to insure that you have a way of indentifying your training needs for each area and records that the appropriate people are being effectively(?) trained.

Bill

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
There is no requirement for a specific 'function' or 'department' to provide training.

In addition, training may be done by a number of different functionaries or departments. Sometimes manufacturing provides for and tracks all 'on the job' training while personnel or HR provides certain other training and the quality 'functionary' provides and tracks SPC training.

THamlett

Starting to get Involved
Does your Personnel\Admin. Manager also indentify the training needs for all processes? I am not familiar enough with the proposed revisions to say for sure, but it sounds aweful prescriptive for them to say HR is responsible for all aspects of training. It would make sense that they might be, but your procedures should indentify them as such. You should just need to insure that you have a way of indentifying your training needs for each area and records that the appropriate people are being effectively(?) trained.

Bill
While we all can agree that training is a multi-departmental and personnel responsibility I think the better question is what department or position is responsible to MANAGE the training program?

Coury Ferguson

Moderator here to help
Trusted Information Resource
While we all can agree that training is a multi-departmental and personnel responsibility I think the better question is what department or position is responsible to MANAGE the training program?

This is an old thread (1999), however, this is how my organization manages the Training program.

Our Human Resources manages the training. The training consists of either sit down training, or via Email Voting. Anytime there is a change to a Policy, Procedure, Departmental Instruction. Each group that is trained, will sign a Training Form, which is also signed by the instructor. This is then filed with Human Resources.

That is how my Organization handles training.

THamlett

Starting to get Involved
Thanks Coury. I've been trying to convince top management that management of the training program should rest with HR and not Quality.

Golfman25

Trusted Information Resource
Thanks Coury. I've been trying to convince top management that management of the training program should rest with HR and not Quality.

Quality? You must be kidding. Definitely not quality. Training is Really between HR and the department managers depending on the company. Department managers evaluate who and what. HR keeps the personnel records.

Top Bottom