Who is "Top Management" exactly in ISO 9001:2008?

Who is "Top Management" exactly? Is there a definition somewhere? I need this clarified explicitly without doubt. :confused:

Thanks in advance. I searched and did not see anything defined.
Sorry if I missed it.
Crusader :bigwave:

Last edited:
S

samsung

Who is "Top Management" exactly? Is there a definition somewhere? I need this clarified explicitly without doubt. :confused:

Thanks in advance. I searched and did not see anything defined.
Sorry if I missed it.
Crusader :bigwave:
Here it is in ISO 9000: 2005
top management
person or group of people who directs and controls an organization (3.3.1) at the highest level

Moncia

Quite Involved in Discussions
In our case is VP of sales and marketing
which satisfies the new revision requirement that it has to be someone from top management

S

samsung

In our case is VP of sales and marketing
which satisfies the new revision requirement that it has to be someone from top management
I guess you are talking about the MR while the question relates to the definition of 'Top Management' itself.

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Staff member
Admin
Other than a wordsmithed text, the ISO 9001:2008 has no NEW requirement for the management rep position. And, by the way, the standard does not require the MR to be part of TOP MANAGEMENT, just management. There is a difference.

We've had numerous and prolonged discussions on MR's role. The basic issue, which many organizations and auditors skirt is AUTHORITY to effect the standard and required changes. Authority of the MR is commonly ignored by many. They pretend that an underling devoided of any authority can be an effective MR. Fools.

Well, I had my meeting with the new management and I now report to lower mgmt. Hmmm, I think this violates ISO somewhere....:notme:
And yes, I am the Mgmt Rep.

Oh yeah, I told them the ISO references and they are not buying it. Future ding coming...next registrar audit. :nope:

Top Bottom