> he says he'll take the secret to his grave. But I
> think a tell-all book should include the secret. I
> mean, there are only a couple of ways it could have
> been accomplished. And the medicine man was always
> mysteriously away at the magic moment. I do remember
> sneaking up to the circle a couple of times to sneak a
> peek inside the teepee. No luck. I don't remember
> seeing any incriminating gas knobs or fuse pits or
> anything else that could explain the secret.
>
> Obviously the incriminating gear was removed after each
> counsel fire (probably stored in the craft shop on top
> of the high behind).

Someone MUST know. I've long wondered how they did that. I was a 'peeker', too, but didn't see anything.

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
H

hausser

O.K., the secret of the camp fire is known by at least two living people - Steve Buckingham and Richard Harnsberger. Richard shared his information with the Haussers, but we prefer to continue beliving that it had more to do with the increasing drum beat! (To know the secret would be as dissappointing as finding out about Santa claus, the tooth fierry, or the easter bunny!)

You may remember how it was stressed that your indian blanket NOT drag on the ground as you entered the council area!

I, too, rooted around the fire pit, as have many others apparently, searching for wires, etc. I never figured it out either.

G

GeorgeH

I'd have to see the mechanics of the fire lighting procedure-in broad daylight-before I could actually believe how it worked. Noble Hill must have known the technique ahead of Coach Roskie. I think it better that it remain a mystery. George Hausser

S

Strong Bow

I agree with our newest alumni, Steve Rathford - let the magic of the Council Fire remain just that. If I didn't need to know then, I don't need to know now.

M

Murdoch Campbell

Council Fire Mystery

Contrary to "popular" opinion, I NEED TO KNOW. Those of you who pontificate that the fire mystery should remain a secret, already are in the know. EASY FOR YOU TO SAY!

S

Strong Bow

I don't know and I don't need to. The only fire lighting that wasn't a mystery was the arrow on the wire.

G

GeorgeH

Doc, If you found out the secret of the council fire lighting you would have the same empty
feeling you got when you found out about Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, and the tooth
fairy. I remember 50 years ago sneaking into the council ring (as I expect many others of
us also did) and digging through the ashes and searching through the teepee for clues.

M

Murdoch Campbell

WHAT!!!! There's no Santa Claus nor Easter Bunny??!!?? Now that you've shattered those long standing beliefs, you might as well fill me in on the mystery of the magic council fire.

H

hausser

The "fire" continues???

From Dave Wallace:

I will send out a welcome to everyone once I get the other two brothers, but I just found Andy Struebing who started at Tosebo in 65 and was eventually the Medicine Man at the LAST Council Fire and he has the coals from that Council Fire in the turtle shell that was used each year to the next year. Amazing!!! Had dinner with Larry Meyer last week in Onekema - he was here to work on his "project." Later Dave

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
H Hell Knows No fury than a Dissatisfied Customer Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 3
P HR knows I'm looking and that I've been applying for jobs Career and Occupation Discussions 23
E Anybody knows about Steris Corporations Wave-lens Technology Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 3
C SA 8000 Internal Audit - Anyone knows what a nonconformance in 9.7/9.7a be like? Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 14
K Who knows anything about Alliance International registrar? Registrars and Notified Bodies 1
Wes Bucey No one in the U.S. government knows about FMEA? After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 0
E PV test Frequency - Does anyone knows the frequency for PV tests? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 1
F Who knows DIN 1755 standard tolerance for brass tubes? Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 0
D ISO 9000 Management Review in a Small Company - Everyone knows what's happening Management Review Meetings and related Processes 33
R CQA Primer by the Quality Council of Indiana ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
M Informational EU – Guidance document Implant Card relating to the application of Article 18 Regulation (EU) 2017/745 of the European Parliament and of the Council o Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 2
M Informational EU – Employment, Social Policy, Health and Consumer Affairs Council Public session (Health) – AOB – medical devices Implementation of the regulation o Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
J GLP recognition via SCC (Standards Council of Canada) Pharmaceuticals (21 CFR Part 210, 21 CFR Part 211 and related Regulations) 1
B Do we need our Notified Body to be SCC (Standards Council of Canada) accredited? Registrars and Notified Bodies 6
C GCC (Gulf Cooperation Council) Audits of Manufacturing Site Other Medical Device and Orthopedic Related Topics 5
T Auditors Reach - FSC (Forest Stewardship Council) Certification Audit Nonconformance Internal Auditing 12
P Looking for documentation on "Quality Council" Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 2
R What is the FORD Resource Council? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
Sidney Vianna AAQSC - Americas Aerospace Quality Standards Committee of the SAE Aerospace Council AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 0
B Environmental Awards in UAE or GCC (Gulf Cooperation Council) countries Miscellaneous Environmental Standards and EMS Related Discussions 1
B PEFC (Endorsement of Forest Certification) vs. FSC (Forest Stewardship Council) Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 8
B FSC (Forest Stewardship Council) Chain of Custody procedure examples wanted Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 4
Sidney Vianna ANAB Accreditation Council Drafts Client Bill of Rights ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 2
T CQL (Council on Quality and Leadership) Accreditation - Advice and example documents Hospitals, Clinics & other Health Care Providers 3
M Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) Common Market for Medical Devices? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
G MSSC (Manufacturing Skills Standards Council) Quality And Continuous Improvement Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 2
Q Defunct SAC (Semiconductor Assembly Council) Standards Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 11
T EC Legislation - Power Difference on Directive, Commission Decision, Council Decision Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 2
R CQE Training Material - Quality Council of Indiana vs. Quality America Professional Certifications and Degrees 2
Wesley Richardson Quality Council of Indiana Users Forum May 1, 2006 Milwaukee Professional Certifications and Degrees 1
M CD simulation exam from Quality Council of Indiana - What's the latest version? Professional Certifications and Degrees 2
sonflowerinwales European Council Requirements for Small Businesses Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 2
D Council directive 76/769/ECC Re. Use of hazardous substances Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 1
A Quality Council of Indiana - ASQ's CQE and CQA Certification exam materials Professional Certifications and Degrees 23
I Would like to start a discussion on the usefulness of a Quality Council Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 2
Sidney Vianna RC 14001 - American Chemistry Council Responsible Care Requirements & ISO 14001 ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 22
Raffy SAC - Semiconductor Assembly Council General Auditing Discussions 1
A PPAP for Fire extinguisher APQP and PPAP 2
DitchDigger Boston Fire Code: Who Does What? (CAL TB 117-2013; CAL TB 133) Occupational Health & Safety Management Standards 2
A Fire hazard classification - Clause in IEC 60601 about gauze and electricity ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 0
Marc Bourbon Lovers - A depressing fire - 3 July 2019 World News 2
shimonv Constructional requirements for fire ENCLOSURES of ME EQUIPMENT IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 1
Marc Paris' Notre Dame Cathedral is on fire - 15 April 2019 World News 10
Marc 200-year-old museum in Rio de Janeiro Destroyed by Fire - 2 SEPT 2018 World News 2
Hershal Fire disaster in Southern California (Blue Cut fire) - August 2016 Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 22
V PPAP After Fire at Supplier APQP and PPAP 4
M IEC 60601-1: 2012 - Subclause 11.3 - Constructional Requirements for Fire Enclosures IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 3
S Latest types of Fire Extinguishers in India Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 1
S How to Prepare an EHS Fire Mock Drill Miscellaneous Environmental Standards and EMS Related Discussions 1
B Fire Extinguisher Requirements for a Warehouse Vehicle Miscellaneous Environmental Standards and EMS Related Discussions 2