Who shall manage PPAP process?

niotusen

Registered Visitor
Hi I sometimes wonder who shall manage a PPAP process and who is the process owner in a company?

We have Quality dept as PPAP owner, but sometimes thinking isnt the owner of PPAP the production?

Many companies has Q-dept that are collecting and creating all PPAP documents.. incl PSW is signed by Q..

What are your thoughts?
Is there a mix or is it always Q dept that are responsible and as manager/owner??

Thanks!

Ron Rompen

Trusted Information Resource
The norm for me in the last 20+ years has been that the Quality department owns and is responsible for PPAP submissions (and all associated documentation). However, in my CURRENT company, the engineering department is responsible for this (as well as control plans, etc). Each company is a little different in how they handle it, but there is no specific requirement anywhere that I am aware of.

niotusen

Registered Visitor
Thanks wondering if there are some other ways to manage PPAPs?

Heard some company have special/educated PPAP staff "rented" in like consulting when there are many new PPAPs in a company, makes me wondering if this is an okay way to manage it?
Guess PSW has to be signed by someone in your company that can declare PPAP is made correct? Or?
Thanks!
/Hans Carlsson

AndyN

Moved On
If you take the viewpoint that whomever designed the process (manufacturing engineering or similar) have to prove that their process works, then they could "own" the PPAP process.

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin
Heard some company have special/educated PPAP staff "rented" in like consulting when there are many new PPAPs in a company, makes me wondering if this is an okay way to manage it?
Outsourcing part of the PPAP process is, obviously, possible. But, if you do it, you have the additional responsibility to ensure the external source helping you managing the PPAP process is competent for the function.

Top Bottom