Who should create training associated with changes to the procedures?

B

bonnieblue

Maybe this is what you are looking for.
hey everyone! there is one thing i do not see in any of these examples and its one of the things giving me fits. do any of your procedures speak to who should create training associated with changes to the procedures and the level of training that is appropriate? we are currently experiencing the "hot potato" effect with who should take responsibility for creating, executing, and recording the training.

we have 3 levels of training - read and understood, electronic presentation (create a ppt and put it in an email), and live presentation (sit face to face with people and train)
i am having a hard time creating a "user friendly" definition of when each type of training would be required.

i may also be guilty of spoon-feeding my users a little...:rolleyes:

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
A

Alex Kobzar

...who should create training associated with changes to the procedures and the level of training that is appropriate?
In my experience it usually was a responsibility of every Manager to identify training needs and to ensure that her/his subordinates are provided with appropriate training...

Stijloor

Staff member
Super Moderator
In my experience it usually was a responsibility of every Manager to identify training needs and to ensure that her/his subordinates are provided with appropriate training...
In addition the manager should verify that anyone affected by the change is competent in whatever the document changes require.
Training by itself does not ensure competency.

Stijloor.

S

SpongeMouse

...its. do any of your procedures speak to who should create training associated with changes to the procedures and the level of training that is appropriate? ....:rolleyes:
i aggree to the post by the peeps.

adding to that, from what we implement, the one who handles the training with the changes procedures is the document controller. also, they are the one who handles and the level most suited, either the level is applicable to the operation only, the supervisors and the management. though there more fields in terms of generic approach to the training due to the fact that, as you state, "traing associated to the procedures".

the reason for the doc controller appointment is that they are the section wherein all of the changes request for the procedures & forms are being handled.

what we did is simplified all those to cater to the generic approach.

hope to satisfy you queries:bigwave:

S

selena15

Hi Cove
nice starting week
for your question bonnieblue
As the folks have said, each manager is responsible to handle the training for his subordinates if the changed procedure covering their tasks.

Also as stijloor said if the competancy is meet and if need, somme specific trainning is provided if the changes are bringing more risk during the work or what ever, in order to make the concern pepole habilitate to do it.

Usually, the changes before to be written into the procedure, are discussing between all the concern during the meeting, the safety walkdown, as way to inform and also to get the idea from all. and also it can be, if possible, added in the induction presentation.

But in my IMHO, the trainning is handled by the Human ressource responsible with the collaboration of the concerned manager. Because, this manager know if his people need additional official training or he can catch them during one meeting; and in case of need, the HR responsible is the one which can provide the appropriate person to cover the need of trainning.

Hope this help
Selena

E Wall

Just Me!
Super Moderator
In our organization this is managed in a cross-functional team approach. We are pursuing TS certification so when reviewing requirements and best case for us, this was the best solution we could find.

When the document approvals are complete a training document is generated along with the update for posting and provided to the supervisor or manager of the folks affected to be completed with sign-off and returned (this gets initialed by me so I can track training completion by changes, then original goes to HR for training records). In the case of an upper-level document that only staff uses, I send out an e-mail that is clearly identified and indicates this is a required training record. Delivery confirmation is maintained and then onus is on the staff to request assistance if they are unclear on the change.

somashekar

Staff member
Super Moderator
In our organization this is managed in a cross-functional team approach. We are pursuing TS certification so when reviewing requirements and best case for us, this was the best solution we could find.

When the document approvals are complete a training document is generated along with the update for posting and provided to the supervisor or manager of the folks affected to be completed with sign-off and returned (this gets initialed by me so I can track training completion by changes, then original goes to HR for training records). In the case of an upper-level document that only staff uses, I send out an e-mail that is clearly identified and indicates this is a required training record. Delivery confirmation is maintained and then onus is on the staff to request assistance if they are unclear on the change.
The functional heads who are responsible for the procedure implementation are also responsible for training about the procedure and changes in procedures as and when they come about. Taking production department for example, we here maintain a skill matrix of processes vs people and each person is mapped with a status like not trained / under training / trained / can also train. Any changes like in a work instruction change for example is taken to the concerned personel and same made aware to all users by the functional heads through the "can also train" personnel (usually a supervisor) . This need for training is captured during the document amendment notification approval and necessary actions planned, executed and recorded.

Caster

An Early Cover
Trusted Information Resource
.. Any changes like in a work instruction change for example is taken to the concerned personel and same made aware to all users by the functional heads through the "can also train" personnel (usually a supervisor) . This need for training is captured during the document amendment notification approval and necessary actions planned, executed and recorded.
This is a good approach, and I like how responsibility is assigned to the closest supervisor.

I have come to hate the word "training" in the last decade, it has been the source of many debates I would guess similar to what the original poster is going through.

Changes to a Work Instruction may only require "awareness", not full blown "training". (example We are putting new covers on the TPS reports). Communication during a shift meeting may be enough.

Around here, once the word "training" gets spoken, people start looking for trainers, the HR department, the doc clerk, classrooms, tests, and a whole bunch of complexity.

As has been said, ISO uses the word competent and somehow that gets warped into everyone needs to be "trained".

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Should a company create different SOPs for ISO14971? ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 1
B When I have to create PPAP Level 1, what data should be updated? APQP and PPAP 8
C When should you quit programming? Job Openings, Consulting and Employment Opportunities 3
C Should resolution be included in uncertainty budget for digital caliper or micrometer calibration? Measurement Uncertainty (MU) 5
Ed Panek External Standards List - Should this document include previously revised standards? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
T How should I approach REACH, CM, etc. as a job shop? RoHS, REACH, ELV, IMDS and Restricted Substances 18
A Should we assign the PRRC before the date of application of MDR (26 May 2021)? EU Medical Device Regulations 0
J UDI-DI how should we interpret Device version or model to determine if a new UDI-DI is needed? EU Medical Device Regulations 0
Sidney Vianna Interesting Discussion Should ISO 9004 be changed from a guidance document to a requirements standard? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7
A Should I take an online course for a career in Occupational Health and Safety? Career and Occupation Discussions 2
J Should a Class 1 medical device with an option to measure body weight be considered Class 1m? EU Medical Device Regulations 0
K Should APQP/PPAP has its own section in a QM? Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 1
S What should i choose for "testing procedure" characteristics? (N95) General Information Resources 0
P Should eIFU link per ISO 15223-1:2016 be added to labels out of scope of Reg 207/2012? EU Medical Device Regulations 1
S Which Sampling Plan(s) Should I Use? Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 13
A Document release vs its related training. Which should come first? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 18
S Which department should prepare the control plan? could you show me a standard regarding to this matter. FMEA and Control Plans 17
J Help settle a disagreement: Should external providers of preventive maintenance be on your ASL? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 5
N Master Samples - What should we be keeping? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 9
G Supplier delivered recent PPAP, should he deliver yearly layout inspection? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 4
John Broomfield Vote - Should ISO9004 Become a Requirements Standard? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 11
A Capability Study - in the beginning of your career what should you have known about the tool Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 11
J Should Loading and Unloading be Included in Cycle Times? Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 14
E Manufacturers should develop a testing device for covid19 Service Industry Specific Topics 0
T 510(k) submission - Which name should I use in the submission? Other US Medical Device Regulations 3
N ISO 19011:2018 - 5.4.2 "...audit program should engage in appropriate continual development..." Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 4
G Should I perform Gage R&R only at the beginning of a new project? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 6
DuncanGibbons Should the requirements FAA/EASA Part 21 be addressed within the QMS and AS9100D quality manual? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 5
M Should 510(k) Predicates be Actively Listed Devices? Other US Medical Device Regulations 12
B Why the Greek god Hephaestus should have done a design FMEA (DFMEA) on his giant robot APQP and PPAP 1
J On PFMEA for danger labels - Label always should be assigned severity 10 ? FMEA and Control Plans 3
H Who should be listed as the manufacturer/distributor on the box? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 15
M MDR, RED and LVD - Should our device comply with them? EU Medical Device Regulations 3
BeaBea How Many Processes should be created for each Department? Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 5
M Should volume of sales be factored into risk probability assessments? ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 33
MrTetris Should potential bugs be considered in software risk analysis? ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 5
S Should safety checks be included in the Control Plan? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 5
M Which incubation condition should be selected to recover both bacteria and fungus effectively Miscellaneous Environmental Standards and EMS Related Discussions 3
D Is there a specific location for PPE such as safety glass holders and glove dispensers should be mounted Occupational Health & Safety Management Standards 10
Robert Stanley Which Registrar Should I Choose for ISO 9001:2015 registration? Registrars and Notified Bodies 10
M Who should receive the bills from suppliers and vendors, account payable or procurement? Consultants and Consulting 4
V IATF 16949 8.4.1 Control of externally provided processes, products and services - Should the CB be on our Approved Supplier List? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 10
A We are ISO 13485:2016 should we be audited to ISO 14971 ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 16
E Received a Major finding during IATF Surveillance audit for loss of BIQS Level 3 (more than 6 SPPS in 6 months)...how should we address SYSTEMIC CA? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 11
J Organization merger. Should we keep two separate ISO 13485 certificates? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
S Companies that maintain your machine should be in ASL? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 2
S Use of "Shall" versus "Should" in Procedures ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 26
D Class II medical device - When should a complaint be closed? Customer Complaints 6
Sidney Vianna IATF 16949 News Presentations from the latest IATF Stakeholder Event - Expectation that IATF 16949 certification should equate with product quality. Misguided? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 7
L Clause 0.4 of ISO 9001 and EHS - Where should I stop the inclusion of EHS in my QMS ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 8