Why I Implemented a Quality Management System for my Kids

Ajit Basrur

Leader
Admin
This was an interesting article that I read on the net and thought of sharing - the writer has implemented QMS elements like Document Controls, Training, CAPA, Adveser Events at home and see howz it doing .... :)

Why I Implemented a Quality Management System for my Kids

No, I'm not crazy. I talk about Quality Management software solutions a lot in my business life, and how a QMS can promote efficiency, transparency, and process improvement. But when I come home, it's just plain chaos. My household is run like a circus - everyone is running around trying to get things done, and I'm the hapless ringmaster with the illusion of control. So I thought, "What would my life be like if I took my QMS from my office and tried to implement it at home?" So here are the results of my efforts - maybe you might see value in it for yourselves:

http://blog.etq.com/blog/bid/102152/Why-I-Implemented-a-Quality-Management-System-for-my-Kids

L

learnever

Thank you Ajit to have brought such an article to light.

Great way to look at QMS!

Even such a story can be used to convey usefulness, applicability of QMS to participants/trainees at awareness and orientation meets. They will be able relate the QMS to their real life, understand and apply them to real life situations at work much more effectively.

S

Surehawk

Intresting and insightful. But why stop at the kids? There are so many things I do at work where I stopped and said "Why am I not doing this in my personal life?" Nice to see someone who didn't stop at the thought. :applause:

Jen Kirley

Quality and Auditing Expert
Leader
Admin
What a great article. :thanks:

Some would say it's micromanagement, but I think that I could have done a much better job of parenting if I'd applied some of these principles adequately. Consider: even now, while I am gone most of the time as a CB auditor no one mops or vacuums but me. My daughter and husband can operate the washer & dryer and dishwasher when they try, but catch my husband on a good day and he'll admit to putting off laundry until I get home. Sometimes I feel like mopping only gets done when I reach the point where I feel like I'm wearing anti-gravity boots. That's a comment about my own failings I suppose, when you consider that I never trained my family members to do house chores. To be fair, my husband does the snow removal and there are seasons, like this one, when that's more than a chore - it's a job.

So anyway, yeah I think I could have managed a smoother household when my kids were growing if I'd followed these frankly simple concepts. :agree1:

K

Kwilson

I've considered portions of a QMS in my house, but never followed through.

However, when I divorced and moved out, into my own apartment, I 5S'd my life. I took only what I needed to survive, and when I needed something, I only bought what I needed, nothing more.

It has helped me in so many ways I can not even begin to put them all into a post.

Top Bottom