Will a Business Plan be included in an ISO 9001 Audit?

S

samsung

Hi, can anyone advise if a business plan is mandatory for ISO 9001? I think this is also needed in a company, but not sure if ISO also include this in the audit.. any advise? Can anyone also advise where I can get a good sample of a business plan? thanks,

I don't say it's mandatory but it depends on how you meet (or demonstrate that you meet) the stated requirements. I agree with Big Jim, a business plan corresponds to ISO 9001 clause 5.4.2 that talks of meeting the requirements of quality objectives and all that's mentioned in clause 4.1. The objectives here are those of the organization's quality objectives that need to be defined and deployed at each function and level, and hence planning is also required to be done at all levels like corporate level, divisional level, process level, departmental level, section level and even at individual level.

So a business plan can't be different from a Quality Plan which typically has a description of organization's mission, objectives, factors that affect organization's business environment and strategies to deal with, resource plans, market plan, product development plans, improvement plans and anything that corresponds to meeting the customer/interested party requirements and improving the system effectiveness.

somashekar

Leader
Admin
Originally Posted by miwriter
Hi, can anyone advise if a business plan is mandatory for ISO 9001? I think this is also needed in a company, but not sure if ISO also include this in the audit.. any advise? Can anyone also advise where I can get a good sample of a business plan? thanks,
Mandatory ... ? No.
You think it is also needed ? That is good.
Then just see (visualize, link) how the business plan as a process interacts with the other processes of your QMS. When a process interacts with other processes in a QMS working, then that process also gets to be audited to find conformance to the QMS requirement established by the organization, its effective implementation and maintenance.

Top Bottom