Will NASDAQ be requiring ISO 9000?

S

Shannon

Hi all,

I've been asked to confirm or deny that the NASDAQ has announced its requirement of all NASDAQ listed companies to be ISO 9000 registered.... I knew that the NASDAQ itself was registered by TUV over the summer, but I can't find any news about the NASDAQ mandating companies to be registered....

Have any of you heard about a mandate?

Any insight, either confirming or denying, would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Kevin Mader

One of THE Original Covers!
Staff member
Admin
Sorry Shannon, but I haven't heard. Our organization is registered with TUV and I seem to recall a Nasdaq headline, but I don't know the details. You may want to browse the TUV web site to see if your answer is there.

Best regards,

Kevin

S

Shannon

Thanks anyway, Kevin. I think the headline you're thinking of regarded TUV registering the NASDAQ compliant to ISO 9000 this past summer.

E Wall

Just Me!
Super Moderator
Shannon...How bizzare! And we all thought the Auto group was being picky! Sorry, I am just having a chuckle at all the companies that may be facing a deadline to certify or else....talk about making $$$$$$ if you are a consultant! Whooooo-eeeee

On the serious side...I'd like to hear what you uncover on this one, please keep us posted.

Regards, Eileen

A

Aaron Lupo

Shannon, I have heard the exact same thing I have an article and I do believe the Executive Vice President of the NASDAQ said they were considering making it a requirement to be ISO certified to be listed. If this happens watch out you will see a very large jump in the number of companies needing ISO certification. Not only would that open more jobs with the registrars it would also open a large number of jobs in the quality feild overall. I am keeping my fingers crossed on this one it could open some big oppurtunities!!

S

Shannon

Hi ISO Guy,

You reference an article in your reply that is in regards to this issue. Can you provide a link to the article, or is it possible to cut & paste its contents?

Thanks!

S

Shannon

ISO Guy,

Thanks for posting that doc. Would you happen to know what newspaper or publication that was in? It doesn't read like a news story to me. It reads more like an ad or something... Perhaps someone in QMS registration sales somewhere is trying to start a buzz in the hopes of getting more business in this economical downturn.

Anyway, without a proper reference point (publication name or by-line), I can't lend it much credence. If you can shine more light on it that would be terrific. If not, thanks for your effort anyway.

Has anyone else read about this anywhere?

Shannon
:confused:

A

Al Dyer

Is it time to bring up ISO (U.N.), conspiracy, N.W.O., and the real reason to ensure that all companies have a systematic method of business that can be controlled or taken over by outsiders with little adverse affect on the economy and production of goods and services?

:D :) :rolleyes:

A

Aaron Lupo

Shannon,
It was in the Quality Managers July 20, 2001 Issue. That was the first and only article that I have seen on this so far. I have tried to confirm this story but have been unable to to makes you wonder a little.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Stoic Manual soldering processes - 100% verifiable, or always requiring validation? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 15
J Which OEM or customers are now requiring the new AIAG/VDA FMEA format? FMEA and Control Plans 0
M Is there a published List of AIAG members requiring IATF certification ? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
K ISO 9001:2015 AVL - New Chinese standards requiring all testing of materials be done in China ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 0
M Medical Device News FDA Guidance - UDI: Policy Regarding Compliance Dates for Class I and Unclassified Devices and Certain Devices Requiring Direct Marking Other US Medical Device Regulations 0
M Requiring action on factors alone of RPN in FMEA APQP and PPAP 7
pittmatj Comprehensive list of countries requiring Registration & Market Authorization Holders Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 1
M Education - Jobs Requiring a College Degree Career and Occupation Discussions 2
C AS9100 Customer requiring PPAP APQP and PPAP 3
D Can anyone share a Customer Complaint procedure not requiring logging complaints ? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
T Deviation/Waiver Requiring a Nonconformance? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 16
D Requiring a "bad" part for attribute MSA studies Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 3
W MSA on a Hardness Tester to satisfy a Customer who is requiring Hardness Cpk Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 17
O Documenting Processes requiring Customer Notification Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 2
B Issue of Certificate requiring Supplemental Notice General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 5
B Is a temperature gauge needed for adhesive requiring storage in a cold environment? Manufacturing and Related Processes 8
B Customer is requiring an "Inspection Point Program" Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 6
O Outsourcing part of Design & Dev Process- Still requiring D&D ver & val-7.3.5, 7.3.6? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 6
Mr.Happy PPAP including FAI Parts - Customer is requiring 5000 measurements APQP and PPAP 15
M .125-40 UNC-2B Thread requiring Inspection to Thread Gage "Method A" Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 3
ScottK Customer requiring that we "rubber stamp" our C of C's for them... Records and Data - Quality, Legal and Other Evidence 10
D Separating Customers not requiring AS9100 - Sheet metal and machine job shop AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 1
V Templates (Forms) requiring Control - Document Control Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 4
K Inquiry on kinds of document a customer is requiring us to submit? Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 2
M Any News about the FAA 14CFR Part 121 / 145 Requiring Accredited Calibration? Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Standards and Requirements 3
F What is a usual RPN level for requiring actions? FMEA and Control Plans 4
M Registrar requiring sub-supplier management Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 12
C Customers requiring C-TPAT (Customs Trade Partership Against Terrorism) Certification Customer and Company Specific Requirements 6
S Qs-600? A new customer is requiring it! QS-9000 - American Automotive Manufacturers Standard 3
B FDA vs. Materials requiring Refrigeration - Dental adhesives 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 18
E TS 16949 Clause 7.4.1.2 - Customers not requiring TS 16949 IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 14
B ISO 13485 Calibration Requirements - Requiring a Documented Procedure for control? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 8
Claes Gefvenberg Customer Requiring Environmental and Health and Safety Efforts Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 20
J Supplier Corrective Action: Are you requiring suppliers to follow a defined process? Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 5
M We have to have a written request from an automotive customer requiring us to certify IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 1
B Can formal document control requiring QM signoff live with continuous improvement? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 21
A ISO 9001:2000 - Documents Requiring Control - Documents of External Origin Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 27
Marc KPMG is requiring permission to link their website Registrars and Notified Bodies 0
H Scope of TL 9000 - Telcos contracts now requiring registration TL 9000 Telecommunications Standard and QuEST 10
D Minor nonconformance - Not requiring Certificates of Compliance on our supplier PO's Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 7
K Comparison wanted: ISO 15378:2018 vs. PS9000:2016 Pharmaceuticals (21 CFR Part 210, 21 CFR Part 211 and related Regulations) 0
B ISO 9001 - "Remote Audit Fee" Registrars and Notified Bodies 5
R Risk control measures as per ISO 14971 ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 6
John C. Abnet ISO 45001:2018 (5.4 - Consultation and participation of workers) Occupational Health & Safety Management Standards 9
Sidney Vianna What ISO Standard (under the TC 176) supports the UN Sustainable Development Goal #10? ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 11
S ISO 15223-1:2020 Symbols Other Medical Device Related Standards 1
John C. Abnet ISO 9001 4.4.1 "...shall determine the processes needed..." ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 72
R ISO 10993-18 Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 1
J Can signed agreements over-ride review of every "contract" under ISO 13485:2016? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
R Applicable ISO standards - packaging and others Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 4