Will you have an Internet Connected (IoT) Toilet?

Marc

Hunkered Down for the Duration with a Mask on...
Staff member
Admin
While linked article is about icons for "high tech" toilets, I have standard porcelain gravity flush toilets. With so many things going "health", including monitoring a person's time sleeping, I wonder if/when monitoring of "discharges" by toilets and smart phones will come to be commonplace.

Anyway, I found this article interesting and a bit amusing.

High-tech toilets in Japan getting standardized icons

So - What's in your future for toilets?

From the Ars discussion re: the above graphic:

"This is how normal lids work, If lid stuck midway wiggle a bit, press for typhoon, press for tornado, let the girls breathe a bit, press to recreate sewer scene from The Goonies, wind stone symbol from Fifth Element, and the last one drew a blank. That's a symbol for stop? Who knew."
Disclaimer - I wear a Fitbit pedometer which has an accelerometer and altimeter but doesn't measure heart rate or blood pressure. I also have a simple "rear" bidet and love it.

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

howste

Thaumaturge
Super Moderator
If my toilet's not connected to the Internet how will I possibly know when to buy more toilet paper? :confused:

I lived in Japan for a couple of years, so I can (mostly) read what the text says under the icons. My confusion is what's the difference between the 5th icon (oshiri=butt) and the 6th icon (bide=bidet).

hogheavenfarm

Quite Involved in Discussions
Wait until THAT gets hacked.... seriously, internet speeds capable of these things do not exist in large areas of this country. I am still working dial up speeds even though I have a "DSL" high speed connection. When your area is all copper wired, thats what is available. Satellite is not much faster.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D EQMS - When the internet or system might not be available ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 7
L AS9100 - Infrastructure or Product? Inflight internet connectivity network AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 1
M Informational EU-U.S. COOPERATION Exploring trade opportunities, from medical devices to the Internet of Things Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 3
A Internal Audit - Findings - Recent Internet Audit (Prior to Certification) IEC 27001 - Information Security Management Systems (ISMS) 7
Marc DOD, DHS and NASA Are Driving Adoption of Internet of Things Sensors IEC 27001 - Information Security Management Systems (ISMS) 1
Marc Has anyone here gotten Gigabyte Fiberoptics (Internet) to home? Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 3
Marc Over 2,300 MS-DOS games now completely free to play at Internet Archive Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 0
Marc Which Internet Social Groups do you participate in? After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 58
Marc Deep-sea streaming: 500-mile NEPTUNE cabling brings Internet to the ocean floor After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 0
Marc Ah, the internet in 2014... Funny Stuff - Jokes and Humour 18
A Generating Purchase Orders - Orders made over the Internet or a Phone ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 8
Marc Number of People on the Internet in 1996 vs. 2013 After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 6
M So you want an internet ready car? Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 3
AnaMariaVR2 What the Internet is Doing to Our Brains Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 5
Wes Bucey Slow Internet Connection After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 3
AnaMariaVR2 FDA takes action against thousands of illegal Internet pharmacies US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 1
P Options for getting TV/Cable stations programming over the Internet After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 6
P Internet Medical Device Distribution applied to Internet/Catalog Shops Japan Medical Device Regulations 1
Stijloor Google Chrome Internet Browser - Any Google Chrome users? After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 21
ScottK The Internet has been a blessing and a curse for Job Hunters Career and Occupation Discussions 8
V Internet Portal for QMS Interface Service Industry Specific Topics 7
L Exhaustive list of quality based magazines and internet sites needed Career and Occupation Discussions 2
Marc Questions about the Internet circa 1994 on NBC's "The Today Show" After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 1
L Audit for an Internet Marketing Company General Auditing Discussions 3
P Internet service that doesn't cost over $50/month After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 23
Marc Chattanooga, TN becomes home to 1Gbps internet service - Beats Google After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 7
A Online Internet Training question - Has anyone used AccelCert Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 11
Marc A sort of Automotive Internet World News 3
Marc All Sorts of Stuff! The Internet Archive Book, Video, Blog and Web Site Reviews and Recommendations 1
Ajit Basrur Websites that changed the Internet Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 17
Marc Newsweek admits how wrong they were about the internet After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 5
Jim Wynne Tech Guy Radio: Woman Wants Help in Getting Her Stolen Internet Connection Back After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 2
Marc Google Plans Internet That's 100 Times Faster than current Broadband After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 1
Crusader Company Policy about Internet Usage and Access Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 10
Stijloor Internet Explorer 8 - Annoying Reminder After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 23
T Webcam Internet Consulting Career and Occupation Discussions 3
Jim Wynne Be Careful What You Say on the Internet Career and Occupation Discussions 27
T Monitoring Kids Internet surfing After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 12
Jim Wynne Wilson, NC Establishes Municipal Phone/Internet Service After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 5
Marc Time Warner - Bandwidth Cap Screw - Beware Internet 'brown-outs'? After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 2
Stijloor Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 11
Marc Online courses and Internet Explorer - The Slowdown and ActiveX After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 0
M Where to find Medical Software Products on the internet? Software Quality Assurance 3
Colin Cost of Internet connection in hotels Travel - Hotels, Motels, Planes and Trains 55
Marc Telcos: The Internet Will Collapse If The Gov't Doesn't Gives Us Lots Of Money After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 0
B Opinions on Zone Alarm Internet Security Suite After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 2
Sidney Vianna Gmail keeps crashing Internet Explorer After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 11
Ajit Basrur The new FDA internet home page - March 2008 US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 4
Marc Pre-Internet Blogging Funny Stuff - Jokes and Humour 3
Marc Cable Breaks Disrupt Middle East and South Asia Internet Access After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 0