Wind Turbine Blade Attribute Gage R&R Study

tahirawan11

Involved In Discussions
I am planning to perform a Attribute gage R&R study. The part in question is a wind turbine blade. The blade is 40 meter long and is produced by gluing the two half shells together. The test characteristics is weather a particular area in blade misses glue or not. First the inspector perform a thermograph test with the help of a Infra Red (IR) gun and take one picture after one meter from each side of the blade (80 pictures in total, see attached picture). After which the pictures are analysed visually and inspector decides an area as Pass(glue present) or fail (glue misses). Due to technical reasons the blade must be tested within one hour after bonding.

I am planning to involve two operators to perform the test, after taking pictures, each inspector will mark each picture as pass/fail and each picture will represent as one sample (80 samples in total). Due to time restrictions the pictures will be taken only once and for repeatability measurement the pictures will be randomized and inspected by inspectors again. The blade consists of parts which are absolute good, absolute bad or based on subjective decision and there is no standard to compare the results to. I have and Excel sheet which can analyse the Attribute Gage R&R study. Can anyone give me suggestions on my study.:bigwave:

Attachments

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

BradM

Staff member
Admin
You state that you have an Excel spreadsheet set up for this study. Would you mind posting it here, so people can see it?

Can anyone provide some assistance to the poster on this one?

Marc

Hunkered Down for the Duration
Staff member
Admin
This is an old thread that popped up recently (long story). Is there anyone here who can help out?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
L GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) for Wind Turbine Manufacturing and Exporting Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 3
A HSE Regulations and Legislation for Design of Mechanical Wind Turbine Components Miscellaneous Environmental Standards and EMS Related Discussions 4
R Competent Registrar for Major Electrical Components for Wind Turbine Manufacturer Registrars and Notified Bodies 16
Marc Renewables, led by wind, provided more power than coal in Germany in 2018 Sustainability, Green Initiatives and Ecology 2
Marc As the earliest wind farms age - Dec 2018 Ars article Sustainability, Green Initiatives and Ecology 4
Marc US wind capacity surpasses hydro, overall generation to follow World News 0
M Application of Special Process - Validation and FAI in Wind Tunnel Testing AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 3
Marc Aircraft 'Heavy' Passenger Jet Landing in 150 MPH Gusting Cross Wind Travel - Hotels, Motels, Planes and Trains 10
B What do you do AFTER work to wind down/relax? Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 74
J FAA Requirements for Design and Manufacturers of Engine Turbine Mechanical Components Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Standards and Requirements 2
S Is it possible to convert a gas turbine to a diesel turbine? Manufacturing and Related Processes 10
S Training Requirements for Using Gas Turbine Equipment? Power Plant Manufacturing and Related Processes 7
Marc Gas-turbine Engine on a Chip Drives Laptops After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 0
S Gas Meter (Turbine, Rotary and Diaphragm) Volume Calibration General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 4
T Comparative Design of Experiment to pick better Trimming Blade Supplier Six Sigma 5
E Blade Inspection - Does anyone use blade scaning software for a CMM or laser scanner? Design and Development of Products and Processes 3
somashekar Can a shaving razor blade be classified as a medical device Other Medical Device and Orthopedic Related Topics 5
Top Bottom