Search the Elsmar Cove!
**Search ALL of Elsmar.com** with DuckDuckGo Especially for content not in the forum
Such as files in the Cove "Members" Directory

Withdrawal of Audit Report

Ajit Basrur

Staff member
Admin
Has anyone encountered this situation - during a prospective supplier audit, the site was found to have lot of nonconformance and also included critical findings too. Rather than fixing the problems, the supplier's management brainstormed on this issue and presented another location in the same state that complies with the requirements.

How would you handle the initial audit report that has lot of nonconformance? A memo or an addendum to the initial audit report could be attached but seeking help on the contents.

indubioush

Quite Involved in Discussions
So was another audit done at the second location?
Was the audit halted prematurely?
The audit plan should have had a scope that included the location to be audited. The audit report should list the nonconformities within the scope of the audit.
I guess I'm not quite understanding the situation. Does your company plan to purchase items only from the one site and not the other?

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Staff member
Admin
How would you handle the initial audit report that has lot of nonconformance?
I would issue the report with all the findings and make sure that the conclusion states that site is NOT APPROVED for business. Further, I would be concerned with possible BAIT AND SWITCH tactics by this supplier organization and devise ways to prevent this supplier organization to feed orders to the sub-standard site.

Ajit Basrur

Staff member
Admin
So was another audit done at the second location?
Was the audit halted prematurely?
The audit plan should have had a scope that included the location to be audited. The audit report should list the nonconformities within the scope of the audit.
I guess I'm not quite understanding the situation. Does your company plan to purchase items only from the one site and not the other?
The second site was proposed and audited by the client after the issuance of the audit report of the first site, and found satisfactory. The supplier is a Contract Manufacturer and in future there would be only one supplier location providing the subassembly.

I would issue the report with all the findings and make sure that the conclusion states that site is NOT APPROVED for business. Further, I would be concerned with possible BAIT AND SWITCH tactics by this supplier organization and devise ways to prevent this supplier organization to feed orders to the sub-standard site.
Yeah, the audit report for the first site had the conclusion of "NOT APPROVED". You have valid points of Bait and Switch. Thanks!

Top Bottom