Within Part Variation - Excel .xls calculation spreadsheet

S

shahshahani

:bigwave:
Dear friends,
If you need to "with in part variation" calculation sheet, I have an excel file.

Attached to post below.

yours
Shahshahani

Last edited by a moderator:
Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Atul Khandekar

Quite Involved in Discussions
Shahshahani,

Welcome to the Cove and thank you for the generous offer!

If its not too large a file, you can always upload it here as an attachment to your post. That way, anyone who wants can download a copy.

A

Armtzcor

Within Part Variation

Hello ShaShanahai,

Could you kindly attach your file ti take a look on it?

I will appreciate your help.

Regards,
Arnulfo

S

shahshahani

Dear Arnulfo,
I have attached the file for you.
If you have any problem with this file I am ready to help you.
yours
Mansoor

Attachments

A

Armtzcor

Part Variation

Hello Shahshahani,

I have some doubts:
1) Can you please translate the info on all of the little boxes comment in the cell " Gage is acceptable/Gage is not acceptable" and "RPN", etc... to english?
2) Could you tell me what is the criterial the spreadsheet takes to set the gage is acceptable or not acceptable according to the TV reading?
3) What does RPN mean? Is it Risky Priority Number?
4) The file came with two sheets inside, are these spreadsheets one complement of the other or are they just different on the form how to see them?
5) Which is the %R&R criterial to apply is acceptable or not acceptable?
6) What means "n" and "r" in the formula of Reproducibility-Appraiser Variation (A)?

Thanks for your help, and sorry for so many questions but this file is very complete and I want to be sure I understand it at all.

Regards,
Arnulfo

S

shahshahani

Dear Annulfo

1-Before I begin to ask your questions, I have to say that I am sorry about my mistake, those Comments were in Farsi (Iranian language) and I forgot to translate them to English. I have translated them for you in this attached file.
2- The criterions of decesioning in this spreadsheet are:
If %GR&R less than %10 Gage is acceptable
If %GR&R more than %30 Gage is not acceptable
If %GR&R more than %10 and less than %30 the spreadsheet will multiple RPN in %GR&R and calculate the breakpoint, if the result is less than 37.8 Gage is acceptable otherwise gage is not acceptable. This section of calculation is according to Delphi spreadsheet for PPAP. You can download it from Cove’s free files. (This spreadsheet is called Partcertall-6.06)
3- Your guess is true the RPN is Risk Priority Number you have to calculate the RPN for work/inspection station that you want to use the gage.
4- There are two sheets in this file and they are independent:
GR&R-WIV is for calculatin %GR&R according to with in part variation method.
GR&R-PtoP is for calculatin %GR&R according to part to part variation method.
5- I think that I have asked your fifth question in my second answer.
6- In with in part variation method, n is the number appraisers (for example 3) and r is the number of trials (for example 2) but in part to part variation n is the number of parts (for example 10) and r is the number of trials.

Finally I have to say that I have checked this file with MSA manual’s examples but I think it should be better that you check it again.
I am ready to answer to your question.
Yours truly,
Mansoor
:bigwave: Partcertall-6.06

Attachments

A

Armtzcor

Thanks a lot for your reply

Hi Shahshahani,

Thanks for your help on the questions and don't worry about the translation.

I will review your comments at the time to use the spreadsheet and if any questions I will contact you again.

Thanks again.

Regards,
Arnulfo

A

Armtzcor

Partcertall - 6.06.xls

Hello Shahshahani,

Hope you are fine. I have some little question may be you can help me.
The file partcestall-6.06.xls avaliable for free download at the cove prompt me for a password to use the workbooks inside this file.

Do you know this password to unprotect the workbook or do you know who I can contact to ask for it?

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Regards,
Arnulfo

S

shahshahani

Dear Arnulfo,
I dont know anything about passwords of those worksheets but I think you can ask from Delphi.
yours
Shahshahani
:frust:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Reducing Within Part Variation during a Gage R&R Study Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 26
G Dealing with Excessive Within-Part Variation when doing MSA and Cpk studies Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 3
Miner Advanced MSA of Continuous Data - Part 1: Within Part Variation Imported Legacy Blogs 4
P Hard Milling Process - Dealing with Within Part Variation for SPC Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 18
Miner Upcoming article - Within-part variation when performing an R&R Imported Legacy Blogs 6
I Quantifying the Effect of Excessive Within-Part Variation Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 1
R Part to Part vs. Within Part Variation sampling and charting Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 19
D Need Help on the method of calculating tube wall Within Part Variation Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 7
M Case in RR studies:Can we MARK the measurement point to reduce within part variation? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 12
A How does WIV (Within Part Variation) affect Gage R&R? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 9
DuncanGibbons Should the requirements FAA/EASA Part 21 be addressed within the QMS and AS9100D quality manual? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 5
N All ODs on the part need to be concentric within 0.07 TIR - What does this imply Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 26
L Supplier within the Organization ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
silentmonkey Are risks in supply chain and development activities within scope of MDD? EU Medical Device Regulations 3
W Major NCRs within AS9100 - What is the most frequent reason for Major NCRs? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 5
C Design and implementation of process audits as defined within IATF 16949 IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
M Informational EU – Ongoing Guidance development within MDCG Subgroups Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 1
O Monitoring performance - How do I determine performance measurement basis within my organization? Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 4
M Determining number of employees within the "Scope" of the QMS ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 9
Y Excel Automation - Printing Word Documents from within Excel Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 0
M Perform a coating weight test within 3 hours of processing the parts Manufacturing and Related Processes 2
C Validation of DocuSign within QMS Other US Medical Device Regulations 1
g_ehs Definition Protocol - for Assertions within Genetic Variant Databases Definitions, Acronyms, Abbreviations and Interpretations Listed Alphabetically 1
H Equivalence within Medical Device Family EU Medical Device Regulations 1
B Referencing to Supplier Outputs within our Document Control System 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 1
A Machine Relocation within Facility - Is re-validation required? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 8
E AS9120B 8.4.2a Ensuring external providers remain within control of the QMS AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 6
S ISO 13485 Cl. 6.2 Human Resources - Personnel working within the QMS ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
I Concerning procedures within Quality Manual ISO 17025 related Discussions 10
K Meeting the requirements of ISO 13485:2016 Cl. 4.1.4 within a wiki-based QMS ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
A CSR - How do you share them within your organization? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
G Outsourcing Processes within the Same Company (ISO 13485) Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 4
S Plant within a Plant - Does anyone currently manage their facility this way? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 2
P Is it possible to receive EASA STC within 48 hours after modification? EASA and JAA Aviation Standards and Requirements 1
M Deficiency Taxonomy - Categorizing Deficiencies within my Organization Problem Solving, Root Cause Fault and Failure Analysis 4
S IEC 60601-2-27: What does "linear within ±20% of the full scale output" mean? IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 6
J Where does process validation fit within design & development? Design and Development of Products and Processes 7
T Training courses for improving 'Coaching and Mentoring skills' within Europe Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 1
V Site Master File for multiple business units within same premises/facility Pharmaceuticals (21 CFR Part 210, 21 CFR Part 211 and related Regulations) 1
Q Conflict Management - Systemic way to manage conflicts within Teams Book, Video, Blog and Web Site Reviews and Recommendations 6
M Creating change / Forcing change within a Company Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 7
P Need ideas on managing Shelf Life Studies within an organization ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
K Estimation Sigma (Within) when subgroup n=1 (MiniTab) Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 6
B Improving Safety Culture within an Organisation Occupational Health & Safety Management Standards 8
J Calculation of σ within subgroups for Cpk in Minitab Using Minitab Software 1
R Does oral irrigator fall within the scope of Medical Device Directive 93/42/EEC? EU Medical Device Regulations 11
K Changing the Auditor within a Notified Body ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
C Sewage Discharge Consents - Proving within Limits ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 7
O Changes to Component Parts within an Assembly AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 1
Chennaiite Is Audit of Employee Canteen Food within the scope of OHSAS 18001? Occupational Health & Safety Management Standards 17