Witty (snarky?) Responses: Always have one prepared

normzone

Trusted Information Resource
As some of you may have noticed I travel in some dysfunctional territories.

I bring my own baggage, no denying it.

I think a QA professional in such a position should always have a couple of canned responses ready for those moments - you know which moments I mean.

Today's is:

" There is no Santa Claus, I am not the Tooth Fairy, and Bambi's mom DOES die. If the person in the QA Manager role only tells you things you like hearing, they are not doing their job ".

Yup, it's one of those days .... again. :bonk:

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Miner

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Admin
Do you keep the large economy size bottle of Tylenol/Advil/Aleve/aspirin in your desk drawer? When I worked in automotive, I popped those daily. Not so much now.

normzone

Trusted Information Resource
You mean you can see it from where you're at? I didn't think it was THAT large ....

Retirement won't happen for me, but my fantasy involves finding a relatively low dysfunction outfit close to home. The closer it is, the smaller the second motorcycle can be :lol:

Ronen E

Problem Solver
Staff member
" There is no Santa Claus, I am not the Tooth Fairy, and Bambi's mom DOES die. If the person in the QA Manager role only tells you things you like hearing, they are not doing their job ".
Are you saying that your adversaries actually stand there and listen to the whole thing?... If they do, you can at least be thankful for the patience / courtesy around you...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
classical_quality AS9100 Surveillance Audit - advice on drafting strong responses AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 11
M Informational US FDA paper – Biological Responses to Metal Implants Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
J DoE (Design of Experiments) - Multiple responses with different factors Using Minitab Software 2
PastorBee13 IATF 16949 Audit Nonconformance Responses per 5.1.1.2 - Format IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 11
V Screening DOE with 7 Input factors and 4 responses - Significant factors Using Minitab Software 1
K Internal Audit CAR - How Long for Responses to be Received? Internal Auditing 8
Q Supplier Audit Corrective Action Request Responses Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 4
R How to Achieve Multi Objective (Responses) Optimization in Minitab Using Minitab Software 17
L SCAR (Supplier Corrective Acton Request) Responses - How much do you tell? Nonconformance and Corrective Action 8
A Binary Logistic Regression - Evaluation of Survey Responses Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 5
P Evidence of Supplier Corrective Action - Poor Responses by Suppliers ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 6
U How to filter out responses from Minitab - Questionnaire using a 5 point likert scale Using Minitab Software 3
Sidney Vianna CB's need to improve on their corrective action responses Registrars and Notified Bodies 11
Icy Mountain Customer Service: AIAG vs. ASQ - Communications and Responses Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 3
RoxaneB Focusing on Quality - Flawed Survey or Responses Lacking? QualityInsider Philosophy, Gurus, Innovation and Evolution 9
J Late Delivery CAR - Seeking examples of various 8D responses for late deliveries Nonconformance and Corrective Action 1
F Chronic Lateness of CAPA (Corrective and Preventive Action) Responses Nonconformance and Corrective Action 25
C Incorporating Uncertainties in the observed responses during a Calibration Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 2
R Stupid Responses to CARs - Long Term Corrections or Root Causes Problem Solving, Root Cause Fault and Failure Analysis 47
N Surveys: Number of Responses Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 6
M Signatures in Corrective Actions Responses QS-9000 - American Automotive Manufacturers Standard 2
L Registrar Quotes - Quality of Responses Received - Discussion Registrars and Notified Bodies 29
Marc Corrective Action and Root Cause - The Humourous Boeing Repair Responses Problem Solving, Root Cause Fault and Failure Analysis 5