Work Area (Production Shop Floor) Training Matrix Requirements

Hello,
I am a quality systen engineer from automotive industry.
Would like to ask whether most the automotive is required to show the training matrix at work area (Production shop floor)?

Currently, I have an issue with the team leader that they have the difficulty of printing the large copy of traning matrix and display at work area. Also, they have to keep updating when any of new starter have moved to the area for temperoary work dur to the quite at other area.
What is the timing to update the training matrix? Daily, weekly or quarterly?

Wonder in your work area of automotive industry has a policy or work instuartion or etc. which documented of how to deal with training matrix. review with the shop floor team leader. Much appreciate with your feedback.

Thank you

Last edited:
Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Marc

Hunkered Down for the Duration
Staff member
Admin
I am not aware of a requirement that a training matrix be publicly displayed. My understanding is it must exist, must be kept current, and must be "readily available". I know some companies have machine/operator station specific matrices that they keep available at the point of use. Since they're relatively specific it could be posted, but most that I have seen use an online document or binders at the point of use.

T

TShepherd

Nor am I aware of any requirement for training records to be displayed at the work station - however some companies use a Pay For Knowledge system that indicates that the workforce displays the proof of training / education and compentency at the work station; the more a person knows and the greater the flexibility - the higher the pay rate.

A second reasoning may be due to a customer specific requirement.

From an !SO or TS certification - I don't believe this is true.

Tom :2cents:

Thank you guys.

I think I have more definate answer for the feedback to shop floor.
And, I will review again the customer specific requirement for training matrix requirement.

Me , perosnally think that if the person is able to show or demonstrate to the auditor about the up-to-date of training matrix , that is enough. :)

kgott

Quite Involved in Discussions
Hello,
I am a quality systen engineer from automotive industry.
Would like to ask whether most the automotive is required to show the training matrix at work area (Production shop floor)?

Currently, I have an issue with the team leader that they have the difficulty of printing the large copy of traning matrix and display at work area. Also, they have to keep updating when any of new starter have moved to the area for temperoary work dur to the quite at other area.
What is the timing to update the training matrix? Daily, weekly or quarterly?

Wonder in your work area of automotive industry has a policy or work instuartion or etc. which documented of how to deal with training matrix. review with the shop floor team leader. Much appreciate with your feedback.

Thank you
Perhaps a large whiteboard with the matrix drawn on it and details added can be put up in the workplace and it can be updated and maintained by the workshop with your input, might work

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Wall board to be used in food production area Food Safety - ISO 22000, HACCP (21 CFR 120) 9
K Environment Control for Fruit Industry - Infrastructure of Papaya Production Area Food Safety - ISO 22000, HACCP (21 CFR 120) 9
T OFI (Opportunity for Improvement) vs. AOC (Area of Concern) - Definitions Definitions, Acronyms, Abbreviations and Interpretations Listed Alphabetically 1
L PMA and Non-PMA parts in same finished goods area? Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Standards and Requirements 1
N Is there a standard / rules pertaining to eating in medical device manufacturing area? Manufacturing and Related Processes 5
C IATF 16949:2016 Section 8.5.1.2 item d) accessible for use at the designated work area(s) IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 5
Kuldeep Singh Calibration of Dose Area Product (DAP) Meter in our Class IIb X-Ray Medical Device General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 1
R PolyWorks Scanner and Software Training (Lansing, MI area) General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 1
J Functional group / area responsible on a Control Plan IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 1
R Defect Display Area for Employee Shift Change Information Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 1
E Audit Focus Area: Tribal Knowledge Internal Auditing 10
T IATF Certified Auditor/Consultant Wanted in the Evansville, Indiana Area Consultants and Consulting 0
T Training Verification by Area Supervisors Manufacturing and Related Processes 5
E Pallets need to be changed when raw materials are transferring from WH to MFG area? Pharmaceuticals (21 CFR Part 210, 21 CFR Part 211 and related Regulations) 6
M How to calculate Cg and Cgk for a 2-Dimensional Area Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 4
D PPE Requirements in Manufacturing Area of Class IIa Medical Device Other Medical Device and Orthopedic Related Topics 3
R Floor Marking Colors - Clearance Area in front of Electrical Panels Occupational Health & Safety Management Standards 6
J What is the gowning requirements for the Pharmaceutical Packaging area ? Pharmaceuticals (21 CFR Part 210, 21 CFR Part 211 and related Regulations) 7
I International Sales Legal/Regulatory Gray Area? CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 3
J Non Conformance Area Policies Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 8
N NC Area Over-Flowing! What Can I Do With The Rejected Product? Manufacturing and Related Processes 8
P How to clean paint area tile faster and improve OEE Manufacturing and Related Processes 3
R Definition KRA - (Key Result Area) - Definition Definitions, Acronyms, Abbreviations and Interpretations Listed Alphabetically 1
R KRA's (Key Result Area) for a QA Manager Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 8
Q I was assigned as Kaizen Leader for our MRB Area - Your advice appreciated Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 5
E Lead Auditor Training in the San Francisco Bay Area Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 2
N Auditing a Specific Activity or Area of an Organization ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7
M California Proposition 65 Compliant (no more than 600 ppm touch area) IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 5
C Key Performance Metrics related to Process Area Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 6
M Internal Auditing of Area with Active Change Control Internal Auditing 14
G Preparation Work for Internal Audit before they Audit a Area Internal Auditing 2
M Attribute Gage MSA - What is the width of the gray area of ​​doubt? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 5
J Equipment for Cleaning various materials over a Wide Area Manufacturing and Related Processes 5
A "GMP Area" - FDA definition Pharmaceuticals (21 CFR Part 210, 21 CFR Part 211 and related Regulations) 3
R GM's Shift Change Over C.A.R.E Area Information Wanted APQP and PPAP 1
B ISTA Test Labs in the US, preferrably in the NY Metro area Other US Medical Device Regulations 2
B Environmental Legal Compliance Audit - Auditor from Michigan area Miscellaneous Environmental Standards and EMS Related Discussions 4
R While Measuring Filter Face, Why We Count From Dead Area? HEPA Filter Related Manufacturing and Related Processes 3
Q Best tools to use to determine the best layout of a given area (Office) Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 9
D Surface Finish Inspection Company (Laboratory) (Detroit area) needed Manufacturing and Related Processes 1
J ISO 9001 Internal Auditor Training in New York area Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 5
S NADCAP and CCA (Particle Counting) in a Controlled Contamination Area - Standards AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 1
somashekar Supply Chain Oversight is the FDA's Next Area of Concern Other US Medical Device Regulations 0
D Non-Conforming Holding Area Methods and Size Nonconformance and Corrective Action 9
E Area for Improvement or Non conformance General Auditing Discussions 22
D Any MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) classes in the Chicago area? Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 1
P APQP Training Classes in the Los Angeles, California area Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 4
C Balanced Scorecard and KRA (key result area) Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 5
S How to calculate the 'planted' area in any given stretch of land? Miscellaneous Environmental Standards and EMS Related Discussions 14
D A survey on salary in the QA field around your area. Career and Occupation Discussions 11