Work as a QMR (Quality Management Representative)

S

sam_ck

Hi sir,
Doesn't know is it the right threads to put in this forum. Recently I was offering a job vacant as a QMR. Maybe this is a new task for me and at here; I would really like to know what is the most need to know to be work as QMR. What is the expectation to be a QMR?

Thank you
Sam

S

samsung

Re: Work as a QMR

I would really like to know what is the most need to know to be work as QMR. What is the expectation to be a QMR?

According to ISO 9001:2008, an MR is supposed to have the following roles and responsibilities.

5.5.2 Management representative
............a member of the organization's management who, irrespective of other responsibilities, shall have responsibility and authority that includes
a) ensuring that processes needed for the quality management system are established, implemented and maintained,
b) reporting to top management on the performance of the quality management system and any need for improvement, and
c) ensuring the promotion of awareness of customer requirements throughout the organization.

NOTE The responsibility of a management representative can include liaison with external parties on matters relating to the quality management system.

You will get pretty good responses from the subject experts. Meanwhile have a search on the forum for related posts.

somashekar

Leader
Admin

Hi sir,
Doesn't know is it the right threads to put in this forum. Recently I was offering a job vacant as a QMR. Maybe this is a new task for me and at here; I would really like to know what is the most need to know to be work as QMR. What is the expectation to be a QMR?

Thank you
Sam
Can you detail what this QMR means, which is vacant and you are trying to fit yourself in ?

harry

Trusted Information Resource

It depends - vary from company to company and whether it is a full/part time (on top of other responsibilities) position.

Recently I was offering a job vacant as a QMR

Ask them about their expectation and see if you can fit in.

S

sam_ck

QMR - Quality Management Representative
Yup, I will start work as QMR in Oct 2010.

somashekar

Leader
Admin

QMR - Quality Management Representative
Yup, I will start work as QMR in Oct 2010.
... C o n g r a t u l a t i o n s ...

It will be interesting to hear from you if this is the designation you are going to be given.
Usually the position of MR does not come as an appointed designation. Rather someone with designation like GM Quality Assurance; Sr. Manager Quality; Manager QA ., etc etc will be internally appointed also as the MR. A primary responsible role by which you will be operating (preferably in Quality Assurance function) enhances the MR function. I would advise you to strongly follow what Harry has said above in post #4.

Top Bottom