Work at USA or return to Mexico?

Q

QC JEWEL

I'm in a dilemma, I'm waiting to receive my permanent resident card at the end of this year, and I'm living in a usa border town with MX, I would really like to work here at USA but there are not quality/qms jobs here I think the more than I can get for now It will be a clerk in a maquila warehouse versus to return to work in the quality/qms field to a factory in Mexico but living here in usa this implies cross the bridge, wake up early, a low wage rate compared with USA, get a day care for my little kid,
I'm getting worried about what will be the best path for my career and my family, :eek::(:confused::bonk::nope:
Also I would like to do an MBA here in USA but currently I don't have any money our current income it is just enough to cover our bills, food,
I know that you can do much to help me, I have to decide, but extern my feeling makes me feel better.

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Michael_M

Trusted Information Resource
Re: Work at USA or retunt to MX?

Tough decision, and I apologize for throwing in another option that may make the decision tougher. Can you move to a different location that may have better opportunities for you and your family? Can you look outside your area and see if it can be better somewhere else?

If you can, I would not move just because you can, I would start looking for work outside your area then move when an opportunity knocks.

AnaMariaVR2

Trusted Information Resource
I feel for you...hang in there...stick to your guns...do you have confirmation that you are obtaining your permanent resident card by end of 2012? Then, one suggestion in line w/ what you already described is to get any paying job so you can get a salary to cover your needs/expenses until you get your resident card & until you can get your next employment opportunity. That card is a big thing...once you have that card, you would have access to other jobs, better paid that will open new doors in the future...would you be open to relocate? If so, then you can consider other offers within the US with better pay...it is certainly not easy...focus, effort & time will reward your situation eventually. Seek a mentor & stay connected.

About studying...now probably might not the best time so you may have to postpone your MBA dreams until it is more feasible. Whatever you do...stay connected within your quality colleagues specially if you take a non-quality job during your transition period...good luck & much success to you & the little ones!

...I'm sure others may have other solutions at hand...

Q

QC JEWEL

Re: Work at USA or retunt to MX?

Thanks that's a good option I think I could move to a city that is a couple of hours form here in TX, but I'm not sure if my husband would like to do it... I really want to keep my family togheter, family it is very important for me...

Q

QC JEWEL

I feel for you...hang in there...stick to your guns...do you have confirmation that you are obtaining your permanent resident card by end of 2012? Then, one suggestion in line w/ what you already described is to get any paying job so you can get a salary to cover your needs/expenses until you get your resident card & until you can get your next employment opportunity. That card is a big thing...once you have that card, you would have access to other jobs, better paid that will open new doors in the future...would you be open to relocate? If so, then you can consider other offers within the US with better pay...it is certainly not easy...focus, effort & time will reward your situation eventually. Seek a mentor & stay connected.

About studying...now probably might not the best time so you may have to postpone your MBA dreams until it is more feasible. Whatever you do...stay connected within your quality colleagues specially if you take a non-quality job during your transition period...good luck & much success to you & the little ones!

...I'm sure others may have other solutions at hand...
Thanks Ana Maria, well I have an interview with the usa government next month and I'm very positive that everything will go well, so after that interview I should receive my green card may be in about a month. I think relocation could be a good option, and thanks for your advice.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Q Private Labeler FURLS Responsibility-USA 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 2
D Interesting Discussion Requirements for selling a Food product in USA Food Safety - ISO 22000, HACCP (21 CFR 120) 0
D Requirements for Ingredients or Actives in the USA US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 3
D Not a SaMD - How to be submitted for marketing authorization in EU and USA CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 5
P Is there a counterpart to the General Safety and Performance Regulations for the USA? Other US Medical Device Regulations 2
Sidney Vianna Interesting Discussion The proliferation of Accreditation Bodies in the USA ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 7
Sidney Vianna Interesting Discussion Legal compliance as part of ISO 45001 accredited certification. Major OSHA penalties in the USA. Occupational Health & Safety Management Standards 15
J IMDS for Trucks in USA as a requirement RoHS, REACH, ELV, IMDS and Restricted Substances 1
C Exporting Demo Medical Devices from USA Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 2
M Medical device package insert in EU and USA Japan Medical Device Regulations 2
M IAS (USA) Accreditation with IAF for ISO 13485 Logo Confusion EU Medical Device Regulations 10
C Excel date format from Denmark to USA Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 6
H ISO/IATF Internal Auditor Recommendations For Manufacturer In California, USA Internal Auditing 3
S Dates on Labels acceptable to the USA - GS1 General Specification 3.4.4 Other US Medical Device Regulations 3
Sam Lazzara USA Federal Court Upholds Copyright Protections for Standards Organizations Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 3
B FDA Listing of a Class I Medical Device in USA (Manufactured in China) 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 10
F Seeking Internship/Co-op Opportunities in Regulatory Affairs/QA/Clinical Domain (USA) Career and Occupation Discussions 4
Q CB (most preferred in USA?) ISO 9001 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 9
R Due Diligence - IGC USA - Anybody know anything about them? Registrars and Notified Bodies 8
C Service and maintenance in an initial importer facility USA 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 4
J What are the regulatory requirements to sell a Class II Medical Device in USA? Other US Medical Device Regulations 7
D What are the requirements for selling Alcohol Swabs in USA 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 5
Q VDA 6.3 Training in USA VDA Standards - Germany's Automotive Standards 2
M Does a Company need a US Agent although the Company has affiliated company in USA? Other US Medical Device Regulations 2
Q Relabeler EU from USA CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 7
Marc USA to insist on pre-flight mobe power probe Travel - Hotels, Motels, Planes and Trains 3
Ronen E Online resource for USA cities historical weather observations Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 2
A How many laboratories are accredited to ISO 17025 in the USA? ISO 17025 related Discussions 5
A Looking for an ISO 9001 Registrar in Bucks County, PA, USA Registrars and Notified Bodies 2
S Nationwide (USA) Calibration Service Provider Reccommendations wanted General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 6
A Guidance for Cleanroom Qualification and Validation relevant for EU and USA ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
R Should the USA and Canada merge? Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 34
W What Information is provided when Importing Products into USA US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 1
AnaMariaVR2 Warning ? Don?t Confuse ?Made In USA? And ?Inspected By FDA? With Patriotism US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 3
Antonio Vieira What are the Tax Rates in the USA? Career and Occupation Discussions 17
G Labeling Requirements - Medical Device is Rx in USA, non-Rx in EU 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 1
L Australia/Canada and USA v's EU Medical Devices Regulations Comparison Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 4
W Medical Agency Label - A handshake, USA, printed over a US flag ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
G Can a Distributer in USA sell a medical device (CE marked) to Europe? CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 2
S USA Standard Performance For Salmonella In Poultry Food Safety - ISO 22000, HACCP (21 CFR 120) 2
S Per Man day rate for Qualified TS Auditor in USA and UK ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
P Trip to the USA - Must-Eat Food? Holiday Planning Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 57
K Automotive Winter Survival Kit for the northeastern USA Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 30
D FDA Cease to Manufacture Order in USA and our International Interests 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 11
N Export & Import of Unapproved Device in USA for Service Purpose Only 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 1
D Moving Manufacturing Equipment from USA to Europe - Is CE certification required?? CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 12
A How to Market a Medical Device in the USA 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 5
P Lead limitation for USA automotive industry RoHS, REACH, ELV, IMDS and Restricted Substances 3
somashekar How is "Made in USA" act applicable to Medical Devices US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 14
D Outside the US Recall (in the EU) on a CE Marked Product - File it in the USA? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 3