Work Instruction Content or Sequence Changes and Operation Numbering

After a work instruction has been developed and the operations have been named and numbered and frozen, and you find that process runs better in a different sequence. Do the operation numbers have to stay the same even though they will no longer, numerically, be in order?

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
B

bigqman

To me logic dictates that the numbering be revised to reflect the proper sequence. I always think about a new hire coming in as a litmus test. Also - re: "runs better" - not sure if you mean quality of output or cycle time in standard work - assuring optimization for both of those factors may be important and another reason to revise the work instruction with accurate numbering.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
W FDA Labeling Requirements - Instruction for Use Content 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 5
R Work Instruction Content and Machine Manuals Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 12
V Manufacturing Work Instructions and Work Instruction Content Manufacturing and Related Processes 4
M Work Instruction Format and Content Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 10
DuncanGibbons Resources for aiding in procedure, work instruction and manufacturing plan development and management AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 0
A Read instruction manual - What Graphic Symbol must I use? US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 7
J Manufacturing procedure / work instruction depth ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 12
Mr Roo Work Instruction Authorization ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 12
F Label work instruction - Medical Devices Manufacturing and Related Processes 1
I 2017/745 (MDR) - Instruction for use (IFU) - manufacturer's website EU Medical Device Regulations 11
S Root cause analysis - The system of developing a work instruction is not effective Problem Solving, Root Cause Fault and Failure Analysis 1
J Standard Work Instruction Languages (IATF 16949 8.5.1.2) IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 7
E Safety work instruction if the equipment have the CE Marking and a Manual with safety instruction Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 16
M EU Regulations or Standards for instruction for use (IFU ) EU Medical Device Regulations 3
S Manufacturing Work Instruction examples that include process pictures Manufacturing and Related Processes 3
L I need an example rework procedure/instruction for injected plastic parts Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 2
Q Product Instruction for Use Manual (IFU) - Obligation to list the standard used 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 1
C Example Work Instruction/Procedure for AQL (Acceptable Quality Level) AQL - Acceptable Quality Level 4
W CPU BIST IEC 62304 - Embedded code has CPU instruction tests IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 2
M Standard work, standardized work instruction & work instruction: What are differences IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 7
0 Safety Instruction Card and Safety Work Instruction Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 3
L TS16949 Work Instruction Requirements IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 7
G SOP or Work Instruction for PFMEA? FMEA and Control Plans 5
Z Internal Memo used to document work instruction Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 2
T Handling of Obsolete Material Work Instruction ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
M Mention "according to Work Instruction" in Control Plan FMEA and Control Plans 3
alonFAI SMI (Solder Paste Inspection ) Inline Work Instruction (Procedure) Manufacturing and Related Processes 3
G Work Instruction Performance Measures Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 3
M ISO 9001 Work Instruction Structure Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 1
W Control of Document - Working Instruction and Checklist ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 6
D Steps to Complete Quality Control Plans and Work Instruction Manufacturing and Related Processes 4
A Should I call this ?Blank Template? a Work Instruction? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 11
Q Referencing a Specification in a Work Instruction as a ?Guidance Document? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
C SOP Work Instruction (Job Card) Template Revisions question Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 6
K Intended Use wording: What is suitable for the instruction manual? EU Medical Device Regulations 4
A Definition Technical Work Instruction vs. Method Statement - Differences Definitions, Acronyms, Abbreviations and Interpretations Listed Alphabetically 6
M Orthopedic IFU ( Instruction For Use ) EU Medical Device Regulations 3
J Control of equipment instruction manuals ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 15
H Writing a Product Label Inspection Work Instruction Manufacturing and Related Processes 2
I Document Control - Instruction Manuals and Service Manuals General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 2
C SS-EN ISO13485 Work Instruction Requirements for Dentures ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
I Work Instruction for Validation of Packaging to EN ISO 11607-2 Requirements Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 3
M Looking for a Powder Coating Process Instruction Manufacturing and Related Processes 3
J Setting up Performance Review Instruction Phrases in my Company Human Factors and Ergonomics in Engineering 11
L ISO 17021:2011 - The Application of Annex A - Work Instruction Details General Auditing Discussions 9
T AS9100C Work Instruction Clarification - How detailed should a Work Instruction be? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 10
B Work Instruction Application (Software for Document Control) Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 2
6 Instruction Manual for the production of Deionized Water Manufacturing and Related Processes 2
M Procedure & Work Instruction Flow Charting vs. Turtle Diagrams AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 7
K Audit Nonconformance? Employee References Work Instruction Internal Auditing 17