Work Instruction for Interface Testing example wanted

S

suresh.k.dasari

Hi All

Could anyone please provide me a sample WORK INSTRUCTION document for INTERFACE TESTING. I have gone through some WI documents but are not helpful.

Thank You in Advance
Kumar

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
You might want to tell us what type of interface you are referring to. There are many, many different types of 'interfaces'. At this point there is not enough information to be able to help you.

S

suresh.k.dasari

Hi Marc..
Thank you very much for your quick response. I am looking for a Pensions Interface Testing. We receive the data in an excel file, which needs to be transfered into a notepad and then do a load on to our application using an interface. I was asked to prepare a work instruction document for the above process which includes step by step instruction.
Could you please provide a document if available one.
Thank You
Kumar.

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
I doubt you will find such a specific work instruction here. Among other things, you want to do an import into an unknown application.

Typically in cases like this one would get a programmer to write an API for the Excel to <unknown application> data transfer.

At this point it sounds like you are doing an Excel export (tab delimited text?) for import into a text program (notepad) and then importing that text file into <unknown application>.

One the other hand if <unknown application> is a commercial application I would contact the company which sells the software and ask if there is an Excel API.

If you plan to proceed as you are currently it will be a matter of your actually performing the process and documenting what you do at each step.

Jim Wynne

Leader
Admin
Hi Marc..
Thank you very much for your quick response. I am looking for a Pensions Interface Testing. We receive the data in an excel file, which needs to be transfered into a notepad and then do a load on to our application using an interface. I was asked to prepare a work instruction document for the above process which includes step by step instruction.
Could you please provide a document if available one.
Thank You
Kumar.
Welcome to the Cove. :bigwave:

You receive an Excel file, and transfer the data into a "notepad." What do you mean by "notepad"? Are you referring to an ASCII text editor (e.g., Windows Notepad)?

From the "notepad," you transfer the data to your application, using that application's "interface." What is the application? Is there a custom database interface involved? If that's the case, we have no way of knowing anything about the application or its data entry interface, so it would be difficult to guide you.

If you know how the system operates, it should be a relatively simple matter to write down the steps of each operation as they should be performed, which will result in a work instruction. If you're not familiar with it, you should sit down with someone who is and work it out. You're not likely to find a WI that will address the requirements of a custom application.

Top Bottom