Would you attend the First Cove Conference?

Would you attend the First Cove Conference?

• Yes, without a doubt. Count me in.

Votes: 13 29.5%
  • Yes. And I would like to help organize the event.

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • There is not enough money in the World that would make me attend this.

Votes: 2 4.5%
  • It would depend on the topics, presenters, location, duration, costs....

Votes: 28 63.6%

• Total voters

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin
More than once, me and others have semi jokingly tinkered with the idea of promoting the First Cove Conference - FCC sounds official:lol:. While I have not even ran the idea past Marc, I would like to poll the "members" about their interest in attending an event such as this. With some high caliber guns as we have here, I am sure we could have much better debates, panel discussions and presentations, compared to other entities.

So, please let me know what you think about the possibility of an FCC. For practical reasons, I believe that the event would take place somewhere in Ohio, not too far from the Elsmar ranch. I would estimate that we could have a 2 day event, sometime in the summer of 2008. Maybe we could even line up some courses for interested parties and help "fund" the event.

So, please vote on the poll.

ScottK

Not out of the crisis
Leader
Super Moderator
More than once, me and others have semi jokingly tinkered with the idea of promoting the First Cove Conference - FCC sounds official:lol:. While I have not even ran the idea past Marc, I would like to poll the "members" about their interest in attending an event such as this. With some high caliber guns as we have here, I am sure we could have much better debates, panel discussions and presentations, compared to other entities.

So, please let me know what you think about the possibility of an FCC. For practical reasons, I believe that the event would take place somewhere in Ohio, not too far from the Elsmar ranch. I would estimate that we could have a 2 day event, sometime in the summer of 2008. Maybe we could even line up some courses for interested parties and help "fund" the event.

So, please vote on the poll.

I would like that. I could probably talk the boss into it.

I bet it could even count towards ASQ recertification.

Hershal

Metrologist-Auditor
Trusted Information Resource
For me, it would depend on whether I had assessments in the area.....and of course the other associated costs.....and the time of year (Winter is not good timing in that area).....

S

somerqc

Ohio isn't too bad of a drive any time of the year! Since I live in Toronto, the snow doesn't scare me! :D

Put me at 80% chance of attending

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator
Or some nice face-to-face debates about very red-hot topics here at The Cove, such as Audits, Documentation, Corrective Action/Preventive Action, Registrars, etc..... Seeing the Cove Moderators at work....live...That would be worth the registration fee.. :lol:

To be serious...I think it's a great idea.....

Stijloor.

Last edited:

Steve Prevette

Deming Disciple
Leader
Super Moderator
Cincinatti at least is a hub airport, so airline flights might be a reasonable price. I'd give some consideration to participating/organizing a statistics track if you'd like. Still, I'd have to (or more properly my wife would have to) mull over costs of getting there.

Wes Bucey

Prophet of Profit
I voted Yes. And I would like to help organize the event.

If we could get as few as 25 participants to stay overnight, we could cut a deal on air fare, hotel, "awards" banquet, meeting rooms.

To do it most expeditiously, we would need at least six months lead time, preferably a year. I am certain I could get credits for presenters toward renewal of ASQ certifications. For certain, we could publish a "learned journal" for publication of papers for presenters and even those unable to make the trip and also get recert credit for them as well.

With a large enough turnout (100 or more) and sufficient lead time, I think I could spin a story which might get some organizations to subsidize employees to attend and even kick in some "sponsor consideration" for printing handouts and other meeting enhancements - maybe even some expo booths. We are, after all, a VERY tight demographic of Quality pros.

I would expect some of you folks who conduct off-site seminars and training on a regular basis would have lots of valuable tips, advice, suggestions, and connections to contribute to the success of such a "convocation."

Top Bottom