SBS - The Best Value in QMS software

Would You Trust a Russian Supplier?

A

Anton Ovsianko

Would you trust?...

quality of a supplier from Russia, if he has a certificate from DNV, BVQI or the like? (say in electronic components)

A provocative question, sorry... ;)

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Marc

Hunkered Down for the Duration with a Mask on...
Staff member
Admin
I don't see why not.

> A provocative question, sorry..

Not really. :thedeal:

E Wall

Just Me!
Super Moderator
Yes

The only deterrant, for me, would be of one of previous history with the supplier (by us or another inter-company location).

Otherwise, I'd evaluate a Russian supplier the same as any others.

Edit: Just broke out the last sentence which I believe is the crux of the next couple of postings.

Also for ISO GUY - Marc's last comment referred to that being a 'provocative' question. - I know he can and probably will respond on his own...but wanted to address it.

Last edited:
Supplier Trust

If I may, I would like to take a different twist to this “provocative question”. I do not think a supplier registered to any particular registrar (or not) would add any greater degree to trust. I know of many organizations that have “paper” registrations. Whether they are from Moscow, Russia, or Moscow, Michigan, I would select and evaluate them on their ability to consistently meet my requirements. The only factor with a Russian supplier to me would be logistical (being from Michigan).

Get my order on time, correct and at an agreeable price, and I’ll probably use you again. Too me, personally, registration is nothing more than a paper brag. Okay, you passed a registration audit, can you perform?

Dave B (the other Dave)

CarolX

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
couldn't agree more

I must agree with Dave B (the other Dave). Being registered, going through the process is no gaurentee(sp) that your product or service would be a better than the guy who is not registered. This is the basic problem I have with registering to a standard. You can make defective product, ship them a month late and overcharge the customer and still maintain your ISO registration. Give me good product, ontime at a resonable cost and we do business for life!

CarolX

Marc

Staff member
Admin
In case I wasn't clear - I would consider a Russian supplier and I do not consider the question 'provocative' in any way. My interests would be in the company, the product, the price and logistics with respect to location (see db's post). :thedeal:

A

Aaron Lupo

Re: Yes

Originally posted by E Wall

Also for ISO GUY - Marc's last comment referred to that being a 'provocative' question. - I know he can and probably will respond on his own...but wanted to address it.
E Wall- Huh???:confused:

Marc

Staff member
Admin
Provocative Question?

I'm not sure where we got lost here but Anton said: "...A provocative question, sorry..." and I tried to convey that I do not consider the question 'provocative'.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
N Do you trust IQ tests? Career and Occupation Discussions 72
Wes Bucey Who do YOU trust? Alleged cyber-hijacker in court World News 0
C Is this a good time to Invest in unit trust? Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 9
J R&D (Research & Development) Department - Off-site brain trust IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 1
B Russian Device to US US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 5
E Adding models to an approved Russian Registration Certificate Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 1
P Russian Medical Device Regulations for Multiple Brands of the same Product Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 4
R Identification of Russian Predicate Devices as part of the Registration Process Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 1
V Looking for Russian Regulatory Affairs Consultants Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 2
A EASA Certification Acceptance - The Russian equivalent of EASA Part 145 (Maintenance) EASA and JAA Aviation Standards and Requirements 2
R Russian, Ukranian, Bellarusan, Kazakhistan Certificates (Gost-R, Gost-K, UkrSepro) Registrars and Notified Bodies 6
P Russian GOST-R Medical Device Regulations Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 4
L Looking for training Video on FOD translated into Russian AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 3
A ISO 9004:2009 - What an expression does mean? (English to Russian) ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
Y Russian Roulette - Interviewer suggests to play imaginary Russian Roulette with you Brain Teasers and Puzzles 9
M Definition As appropriate - What is it? Definition? Does not translate well in Russian Definitions, Acronyms, Abbreviations and Interpretations Listed Alphabetically 3
M Supplier approved list - Notified body, regulatory body Supply Chain Security Management Systems 4
N Making improvements in supplier relationship last? Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 6
K Supplier Qualification for Engineering Consultant? Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 3
M Supplier evaluation Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 5
briteme4 ASL - AS9100 / Supplier Survey Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 3
A System for Supplier Documents Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 0
T IMDS submission without supplier's input? RoHS, REACH, ELV, IMDS and Restricted Substances 0
J Supplier not responding to PPAP request APQP and PPAP 5
D Supplier audit Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 2
lanley liao Does all of the suppliers need to integrated into the supplier list qualified of the company? Oil and Gas Industry Standards and Regulations 2
S Distinction between a critical supplier and a Virtual manufacturer EU Medical Device Regulations 2
R AS9102 FAI Change in Material / Process Supplier AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 4
John Broomfield Five ways to botch your supplier management program Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 7
C Supplier survey - 200 to 250 duppliers Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 3
J Where is the definition of a critical supplier? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
U Approved Vendor (supplier) List Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 8
M Supplier requirements - Major supplier is a Non-Profit registered with ICCBBA (FDA UDI) Supply Chain Security Management Systems 12
P Training department ideas and development for automotive supplier Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 6
B Software service provider as critical supplier ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
T AS9100D Clause 10.2.1g Supplier Corrective Action for each and every nonconformity? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 3
S Supplier protocol for the Quality Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 6
A API Spec Q1 Purchasing Process - Supplier Reevaluation based on Supplier Risks 5.6.1.4 Oil and Gas Industry Standards and Regulations 17
D Approved supplier list - Distributors question ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
G Supplier delivered recent PPAP, should he deliver yearly layout inspection? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 4
E ISO 13485 QMS certification as a Supplier ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 8
G Supplier doesn't share drawings IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 15
S Use of raw materials by two supplier CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 2
D Are Supplier Quality Agreements Quality Records ? Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 9
G Dealing with non conformity caused by Supplier Components detected in the production line IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 14
G Supplier doesn't accept the complaints Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 20
K New supplier audit as per V3.1 by French Automotive OEM General Auditing Discussions 2
A ASL requirement when the supplier is certified for ISO 13485 ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
S Supplier Management ISO 13485: 2016- Which supplier needs to fill in a self assessment form? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
D Approved supplier list for R&D ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5