Would You Trust a Russian Supplier?

A

Anton Ovsianko

Would you trust?...

quality of a supplier from Russia, if he has a certificate from DNV, BVQI or the like? (say in electronic components)

A provocative question, sorry... ;)

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
I don't see why not.

> A provocative question, sorry..

Not really. :thedeal:

E Wall

Just Me!
Trusted Information Resource
Yes

The only deterrant, for me, would be of one of previous history with the supplier (by us or another inter-company location).

Otherwise, I'd evaluate a Russian supplier the same as any others.

Edit: Just broke out the last sentence which I believe is the crux of the next couple of postings.

Also for ISO GUY - Marc's last comment referred to that being a 'provocative' question. - I know he can and probably will respond on his own...but wanted to address it.

Last edited:
D

db

Supplier Trust

If I may, I would like to take a different twist to this “provocative question”. I do not think a supplier registered to any particular registrar (or not) would add any greater degree to trust. I know of many organizations that have “paper” registrations. Whether they are from Moscow, Russia, or Moscow, Michigan, I would select and evaluate them on their ability to consistently meet my requirements. The only factor with a Russian supplier to me would be logistical (being from Michigan).

Get my order on time, correct and at an agreeable price, and I’ll probably use you again. Too me, personally, registration is nothing more than a paper brag. Okay, you passed a registration audit, can you perform?

Dave B (the other Dave)

CarolX

Trusted Information Resource
couldn't agree more

I must agree with Dave B (the other Dave). Being registered, going through the process is no gaurentee(sp) that your product or service would be a better than the guy who is not registered. This is the basic problem I have with registering to a standard. You can make defective product, ship them a month late and overcharge the customer and still maintain your ISO registration. Give me good product, ontime at a resonable cost and we do business for life!

CarolX

Marc

Leader
In case I wasn't clear - I would consider a Russian supplier and I do not consider the question 'provocative' in any way. My interests would be in the company, the product, the price and logistics with respect to location (see db's post). :thedeal:

A

Aaron Lupo

Re: Yes

Originally posted by E Wall

Also for ISO GUY - Marc's last comment referred to that being a 'provocative' question. - I know he can and probably will respond on his own...but wanted to address it.

E Wall- Huh???:confused:

Marc

Leader
Provocative Question?

I'm not sure where we got lost here but Anton said: "...A provocative question, sorry..." and I tried to convey that I do not consider the question 'provocative'.

Top Bottom