SBS - The Best Value in QMS software

Y2K Software

J

Jason

Marc.... thanks for ansewering my question of Y2K is such a big deal... that, I basically knew... Now, my question is: How do we know if our software is Y2K compliant? As you stated, there is a lot of software out there who claims to be Y2K compliant, but is not fully Y2K compliant or still have some gliches... that's the interpretation that I got... I believe many of us use Microsoft Office 97 package to write & calculate all our ISO/QS procedures....but as you said, Microsoft has one of the biggest problems... I I go ask them, they'll tell me that they have this problem under control... How will I know if my software is "really" compliant & they are not bullshitting me? Is there any software that we can install to resolve this problem?

Thanks again...

------------------
Jason M.

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Marc

Hunkered Down for the Duration with a Mask on...
Staff member
Admin
I really don't know the details about Microsoft stuff. I wouldn't worry, though. I believe they have 'fixes' out now. It's a matter of the software application not being 'truely' compliant, but at issue is will the fix work for you which I am sure it (they) will. I recon that for the most part every 2 to 3 years I upgrade 'significant' software so I myself am not concerned. I don't have spreadsheets with complicated formula nor do I have any with date calculation functions nor do I have any files where birth dates or 'far reaching' dates are needed or used. And - I have a Mac - so the issure is, for the most part, a moot issue to me.

How will I know if my software is "really" compliant & they are not bullshitting me? Is there any software that we can install to resolve this problem?
Well, I know there are at least 3 software packages out for PCs, but as I said in my post in the other thread, as far as I understand them they look at data files and determine if there *may* be a problem.

Try going to:

http://www.infoworld.com

and doing a search.

And there are a bunch of Y2K sites out there as well. I would bet there are advertisements for the software. Just read 'performance claims' well to ensure what the software will actually do. Again, as I understand them, they simply flag possible data files problems. They aren't 'fixed' or anything, just flagged (you get a listing of 'possible' problem files.

Remember, Y2K is not my forte - nor am I a programmer. If you're worried about important files and programs, check with the folks whose software you have (such as Microsoft). Personally, being a Mac person I don't worry about year 2000 in so far as my personal computer situation goes. And I don't believe everything, if much of anything, will 'fault' on 1 January 2000 or on 1 January 2001 nationally or internationally. I figure credit cards, air travel, grocery stores, gasoline pumps and all that will go right on cooking.

Y2K problems are over blown.

I rest with one cavat - it's 1999. Any company which hasn't got a handle on this issue by now is just plain - well, it's getting late in the game, my friend.

Marc

Hunkered Down for the Duration with a Mask on...
Staff member
Admin
BTW - A recent Scientific American has a great article in the Y2K 'problem'.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J QS9000 Software - Y2K QS-9000 - American Automotive Manufacturers Standard 2
S Y2K - A Christmas Poem After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 0
Marc Y2K and the AIAG After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 0
R Y2K books or websites After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 11
Howard Atkins Would an FMEA have Prevented the Y2K problem? After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 1
J Can anyone tell me how Y2K is such a big deal? After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 1
Marc ISO 9001 and Y2K Issues in IT - Optimizing Processes After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 0
Marc Y2K - Whose Fault? After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 9
R Y2K News Website After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 1
Marc Let The Lawsuits Begin! Lawsuit could set crucial Y2K precedent World News 3
Marc Y2K Web Sites After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 0
S Examples of FDA acceptable Software Design Specification (SDS) Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 6
D Integrated Management System Software Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 2
B Sampling strategies/techniques for software QA Software Quality Assurance 2
K MDCG-2020-3 (about the software of UI) EU Medical Device Regulations 0
D PFMEA Software search IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 6
C MDR software classification EU Medical Device Regulations 12
H Class II a vs "software safety class A" IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 3
Z Software for design control ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
V Medical Device Literature Translation Software ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
D FDA Guidance on Computer Software Assurance versus 21 CFR Part 11 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 2
P Software verification and validation procedure IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 6
Aymaneh UDI-PI Software CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 0
Q Software as a medical device vs software not sold as medical device: local regulations for sale? EU Medical Device Regulations 4
Y Software updates considered servicing (7.5.4) ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
S How to perform verification of the Statistical Analysis Software? Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 7
I Document Control Software Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 2
E Software maintenance Process Software maintenance Process to IEC 6204? IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 3
L Micro-Vu InSpec Software Program Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 6
A For software change - New Channel of interoperability CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 5
T IVDR Medical device software CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 8
N ISO 13485 7.3.9 Change control in medical device software ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
C SharePoint Contract Management Software General Information Resources 0
gramps What do you think about automated QA testing For software app industry? Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 5
V Software as medical device (SaMD) replicated for multiple clients through APIs IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 5
U API Spec Q1 - 5.6.1.2 C (3) - Design software Oil and Gas Industry Standards and Regulations 3
B Complaint Records - Accessing records on Easy Track Software Records and Data - Quality, Legal and Other Evidence 3
GreatNate Master Control QMS software Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 0
GreatNate Anyone using the Intellect QMS software? Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 1
S DHF/DMR/MDF for a software-only, cloud-based, single-instance device Medical Information Technology, Medical Software and Health Informatics 2
H Software Validation for FFS Packaging Machine Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 1
E Any sample of a full software life cycle IEC 62304 report ( any class )? IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 1
Q ISO 13485 7.5.6 Validation - Off the shelf Software ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
M ERP / QMS related software standards for Validation IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 6
J Do Software Subcontractors need to be ISO13485 compliant in the EU? EU Medical Device Regulations 3
D Safety data sheets software REACH and RoHS Conversations 2
N What are the software audit and control steps Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 2
N Validating Software before getting approved as Class 2 device US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 5
M Clinical Decision Support Software Question 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 2
P Missing 1m visual alarm signal in case of software/display failure, mitigation? ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 3